Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Thought Hector and Jones were very good today .. but not sure what happened with the second goal did Hector get a call from AMB or another player .. he sort of went to leave it ??
    Simple,...NO he cocked it up, 'nuff said..
  • Transfer rumours thread...
  • edited August 2023
    After the window closes

"We tried very hard to get deals across the line. Indeed we had a couple lined up today, but unfortunately they fell through at the last moment, not due to problems at our end. It's frustrating, but there are good free agents out there which we will be looking at, and the return of Fraser and Leaburn will be like two new signings."
    "And we're happy to announce the signing of Macauley Bonne, who has another point to prove."
  • Sponsored links:

• Not too late to salvage this transfer window, but apart from the defeats last season, the most deflated I felt was the on the last day of the summer transfer window, a wrecking ball of inactivity that sabotaged all hope of a promotion push.

I'm setting my expectations lower this time to avoid a repeat of how let down I, and I'm sure most of you, felt by it. Get some in!
  • It just feels the amount of players in we'd realistically need to make a real push is never going to happen and we'll be left short somewhere by the end of the window and be paying for it by October. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Problem now is that either most of our backline are inadequate and have to be replaced or our manager  cannot get them organised and will need to be replaced.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Charlton are favourites to sign Birmingham City striker Sam Cosgrove on a loan switch.

Cosgrove has been chased by several League One clubs and will decide where to go this week.

Dean Holden is also looking at right back Fankaty Dabo in training ahead of offering a deal. He is a free agent since leaving Coventry.

Nothing we really didn't know already from Nixon. 
    Dabo's highlight reel looks good but it still concerns me that no one else has come in for him post the issue he had during the medical.
  • Southbank said:
    Problem now is that either most of our backline are inadequate and have to be replaced or our manager  cannot get them organised and will need to be replaced.
    I believe it is a bit of both, mid table centre backs but also multiple coaching teams who have been unwilling to focus on making us defensively smarter. 
  • edited August 2023
    Is Wickham still available?
  • Leuth said:
    I’m reckoning, that’s  it for transfers, we’re saving the budget for January.
    This doesn't make sense. There will definitely be more transfers in this window. The question is of what quality
    Personally I think Jan will be more important then this window, a fit squad and we have the ability to get top 6 , just having Leaburn and Fraser in the first 3 league games the way they went I think it would have been 3 wins … but our aim is to be in the pack come end of December and then invest again in jan and as we seen many times teams even as low as 10-12 have gone on a run and got into top 6 after Jan .. hopefully we will be one of the stronger side’s financially in Jan.
    Not a serious, genuine poster - just ignore as much as possible 
  • I always hate the January window. Would rather have all our major business done in the summer. January is just panic time and fees are usually inflated with a shorter window for clubs to work with. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I always hate the January window. Would rather have all our major business done in the summer. January is just panic time and fees are usually inflated with a shorter window for clubs to work with. 
    Fact is with FFP think it’s realistically going to take 3 windows to get our squad to a level it needs to win league one and have a chance of holding our own in championship … 

anyone can have a great run in this league and get into the play offs but how many teams in recent years have come back down straight away because their squads were not ready 

But we are minted and lots of big name players will come in before the window closes? You change your time more often than I change my pants and I change them daily!
    Glad you clarified that!