Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    I always hate the January window. Would rather have all our major business done in the summer. January is just panic time and fees are usually inflated with a shorter window for clubs to work with. 
    Fact is with FFP think it’s realistically going to take 3 windows to get our squad to a level it needs to win league one and have a chance of holding our own in championship … 

anyone can have a great run in this league and get into the play offs but how many teams in recent years have come back down straight away because their squads were not ready 

But we are minted and lots of big name players will come in before the window closes? You change your time more often than I change my pants and I change them daily!
    Glad you clarified that!
    Turning them inside out counts?
  • CafcSCP said:
    Isn’t Carrol on a pay as you play deal
    I wish Chuks was ! 
  • Bailey said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Isn’t Carrol on a pay as you play deal
    I wish Chuks was ! 
    He would be match fit every game if he was
  • edited August 2023
    There’s still hope on our striker hunt…

Speaking ahead of their game against QPR, Ipswich boss McKenna stated that he believes there will be movement in terms of ins and outs before the 11 p.m. deadline on September 1st.

He said, via TWTD: “Nothing closer. It is going to take a good and suitable offer for the player and for the club for any of those exits to happen. And there hasn’t been anything like that so far.”

The speculation at Ipswich is that two will join & two will leave (Edwards & Ladapo) in the next two weeks. Based on what McKenna says above it looks like they are waiting for the right offer for one of these departures.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-in-2-out-the-ipswich-town-transfer-business-we-could-see-before-september-1st/#in-jesurun-rak-sakyi

• JamesSeed said:
    Will be the ideal replacement for Kane but not yet. Needs another season at Brighton, score a load of goals, then leave.
    But he might get injured ;-)
    They won’t get £120M though, no way. 
    I seem to recall people saying Brighton wouldn't get the £100 million they wanted for  Caicedo.

They were of course right. Brighton actually got £115 million.!

That club know how to negotiate.
    And Caicedo’s just had a mare for Chelsea against West Ham. 
  • Thought Hector and Jones were very good today .. but not sure what happened with the second goal did Hector get a call from AMB or another player .. he sort of went to leave it ??
    Just shut the fuck up you idiot 
    Harsh but fair 
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    FFP is not an issue at all.  Anyone that actually thinks it is needs to give their head a wobble.

Unless we are planning to do a Chelsea...
    Sanctions happen if FFP limit is exceeded. Clubs can't spend more than they can balance the books. 

Your head might wobble if you read the FFP rules.

It has been posted many many times in various places.
    Owners can inject "cash" as equity and it is added to turnover.
    So we can effectively buy whoever we want and it won't effect FFP if injected as equity/gift.
    However, they won't do this as they will put money in by way of loan, which does not add to the turnover.
    Obviously because the same as every other owner, when they've had enough they will demand theor money/loan back.
    And we are no where near the limit. 
  • Just in case anybody didn't see it, Elfsborg posted a link to a Sunderland forum where they are discussing our takeover, If you haven't read it take a look, it makes interesting reading https://www.not606.com/threads/methven-buys-charlton.407251/

Just to wet your appetite this is what one poster thinks about our billionaires registered in Cayman Islands.  The Cayman Islands billionaire sounds exactly like the role Juan Sartori played for Methven and his mate Donald, i.e. showing proof of funds to the EFL and then not putting any of it into the club.
    If no one puts any money in we will soon know about it because we won't be able to pay September's wages. We might scrape through until October.

They can put it in as high intrest loans but who the hell is going to pay the interest?  Themselves?

• edited August 2023
    Just in case anybody didn't see it, Elfsborg posted a link to a Sunderland forum where they are discussing our takeover, If you haven't read it take a look, it makes interesting reading https://www.not606.com/threads/methven-buys-charlton.407251/

Just to wet your appetite this is what one poster thinks about our billionaires registered in Cayman Islands.  The Cayman Islands billionaire sounds exactly like the role Juan Sartori played for Methven and his mate Donald, i.e. showing proof of funds to the EFL and then not putting any of it into the club.
    The warnings were always there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• ValleyBen said:
    Southbank said:
    Problem now is that either most of our backline are inadequate and have to be replaced or our manager  cannot get them organised and will need to be replaced.
    I believe it is a bit of both, mid table centre backs but also multiple coaching teams who have been unwilling to focus on making us defensively smarter. 

I can’t see how you can coach those errors out. Let’s be honest there was a clamour in here to get hector he plays as if he is above this league far too relaxed for my liking. Infact after the slip he put tackles in and his body in the way hopefully a few come out with fire in them. Dobbo is the only one I see that plays with a passion. 
  • edited August 2023
    Just in case anybody didn't see it, Elfsborg posted a link to a Sunderland forum where they are discussing our takeover, If you haven't read it take a look, it makes interesting reading https://www.not606.com/threads/methven-buys-charlton.407251/

Just to whet your appetite this is what one poster thinks about our billionaires registered in Cayman Islands.  The Cayman Islands billionaire sounds exactly like the role Juan Sartori played for Methven and his mate Donald, i.e. showing proof of funds to the EFL and then not putting any of it into the club.
    The odd thing about it all is that Sartori is still there. It sounds as if he wasn’t necessarily a bad egg himself, it just took a while to realise Methven & co weren’t cutting it as the SMT…

Dreyfus and Sartori now own 100% of the shares between the two of them and things seem a lot rosier over there.
  • There’s still hope on our striker hunt…

Speaking ahead of their game against QPR, Ipswich boss McKenna stated that he believes there will be movement in terms of ins and outs before the 11 p.m. deadline on September 1st.

He said, via TWTD: “Nothing closer. It is going to take a good and suitable offer for the player and for the club for any of those exits to happen. And there hasn’t been anything like that so far.”

The speculation at Ipswich is that two will join & two will leave (Edwards & Ladapo) in the next two weeks. Based on what McKenna says above it looks like they are waiting for the right offer for one of these departures.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-in-2-out-the-ipswich-town-transfer-business-we-could-see-before-september-1st/#in-jesurun-rak-sakyi

Spot the potential problem...
  • This is our USP...

• There’s still hope on our striker hunt…

So not likely to be a loan then?
  • Just in case anybody didn't see it, Elfsborg posted a link to a Sunderland forum where they are discussing our takeover, If you haven't read it take a look, it makes interesting reading https://www.not606.com/threads/methven-buys-charlton.407251/

Just to whet your appetite this is what one poster thinks about our billionaires registered in Cayman Islands.  The Cayman Islands billionaire sounds exactly like the role Juan Sartori played for Methven and his mate Donald, i.e. showing proof of funds to the EFL and then not putting any of it into the club.
    The odd thing about it all is that Sartori is still there. It sounds as if he wasn’t necessarily a bad egg himself, it just took a while to realise Methven & co weren’t cutting it as the SMT…

Dreyfus and Sartori now own 100% of the shares between the two of them and things seem a lot rosier over there.
    Their current problem is they haven't got any strikers.  Sound familiar ?
  • Need action early this week. 
  • Hex said:

Their current problem is they haven't got any strikers.  Sound familiar ?
    The striker part yes, but they are top of the championship