Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Just in case anybody didn't see it, Elfsborg posted a link to a Sunderland forum where they are discussing our takeover, If you haven't read it take a look, it makes interesting reading https://www.not606.com/threads/methven-buys-charlton.407251/

Just to whet your appetite this is what one poster thinks about our billionaires registered in Cayman Islands.  The Cayman Islands billionaire sounds exactly like the role Juan Sartori played for Methven and his mate Donald, i.e. showing proof of funds to the EFL and then not putting any of it into the club.
    This! There’s no 4 or 5 players coming, it’s playing out just like it did for Methven at Sunderland. Please read it, he’s trying the same promotion on the cheap (laughable!) and then try and flip.
  • edited August 2023
    Just in case anybody didn't see it, Elfsborg posted a link to a Sunderland forum where they are discussing our takeover, If you haven't read it take a look, it makes interesting reading https://www.not606.com/threads/methven-buys-charlton.407251/

Just to whet your appetite this is what one poster thinks about our billionaires registered in Cayman Islands.  The Cayman Islands billionaire sounds exactly like the role Juan Sartori played for Methven and his mate Donald, i.e. showing proof of funds to the EFL and then not putting any of it into the club.
    This! There’s no 4 or 5 players coming, it’s playing out just like it did for Methven at Sunderland. Please read it, he’s trying the same promotion on the cheap (laughable!) and then try and flip.
    100% everyone needs to read it. This is another false dawn and no one is coming into save us. I'm confident these investors aren't putting in a single penny in for transfers. Will be interesting to see if the wages are paid on time in the coming months. 
  • edited August 2023
    MrBurns said:
    Just in case anybody didn't see it, Elfsborg posted a link to a Sunderland forum where they are discussing our takeover, If you haven't read it take a look, it makes interesting reading https://www.not606.com/threads/methven-buys-charlton.407251/

100% everyone needs to read it. This is another false dawn and no one is coming into save us. I'm confident these investors aren't putting in a single penny in for transfers. Will be interesting to see if the wages are paid on time in the coming months. 
    It doesn't seem like any new money has been put into the transfer budget so far...
  • MrBurns said:

What was the point of spending £12 million in the first place ? Serious question because I can’t get my head around it.
    To sell next year at a profit once we’re in Championship. Er, how’s that going?
  • Would be disappointed if there wasn't significant movement this week. Hopefully the PL loans become more available and we can at least get a couple across the line 
  • MrBurns said:

What was the point of spending £12 million in the first place ? Serious question because I can’t get my head around it.
    Then do you think that someone at the club might have twigged that to get to The Championship might need better players than what we have currently. How do we get those better players and get promoted do you think ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrBurns said:

Then do you think that someone at the club might have twigged that to get to The Championship might need better players than what we have currently. How do we get those better players and get promoted do you think ? 
    Methven believes (according to the Texas sales doc) that the club just needs to be run by professional football people and we magically achieve promotion. So no, they won't have twigged.
  • I doubt Cosgrove was even on our list of potential strikers let alone a prime target. We’ve totally underestimated both the difficulty and cost of getting one. They need a body in until Miles returns and then Cosgrove will be benched. Quite how his status and wages are justified by his record is baffling. Birmingham must be as inept as we are. I bet they can’t believe we’re taking him off their hands as well as Chuks. Just two short weeks ago I was still optimistic about our season but top six realistically looks like a pipe dream. 
  • It’s not a proper rumour but I’ve read that the reason Alex Pritchard is leaving Sunderland, is because he wants to move back down to London. Now that would be a proper signing 
    I’d be happy with that. Creativity and experience, 2 things we are lacking
  • edited August 2023

We'll see. 

I wonder if his goal is to flip his shares only or he's agreed the whole club with his investors. Either way it worked out okay in the end for them once he and his investors moved on. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Is that the Sunderland who had a player on 40k a week and spent 4 million on a striker in league 1 and made the play offs 3 years out of 3.

Now the end result might be that it's an absolute disaster or it might be that Methven and co make a nice few quid with very little risk to themselves.  Which means it has been a success, for us as well as him.

They/he categorically can't play the same play book here as he did at Sunderland because the circumstances are totally different.  
    Read the link, sounds as Methven loaded Sunderland with debt, sold some of their best assets and prolonged their league one stay, until he finally left and other owners got them out of the league. Read it, doesn't sound like Sunderland fans were as happy as you are with him.

• It’s not a proper rumour but I’ve read that the reason Alex Pritchard is leaving Sunderland, is because he wants to move back down to London. Now that would be a proper signing 
    Millwall, QPR or us are the only real options if true. Would imagine his wages are out of our league although he did sign for Sunderland in league one 
  • Pritchard feels like such a QPR signing , was rumours about Illias Chair going so Pritchard could be an easy replacement there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else concerned that Cosgrove's record in English football (including quite a few games in non league) is 16 goals in 126 games?
    Not massively, because in the short-term, I would want a striker like him to come in and enable the other players.

May has been struggling for support all season. Kanu tried to be the target man against Port Vale, but that's not his natural game and will struggle against seasoned 6ft+ CBs in L1. Cosgrove should add the height, strength and hold-up play that we desperately lack. Yes, adding goals to that should be a priority, but both May and Kanu would benefit from someone like him in the team.
  • MrBurns said:

We don't know that they did though. That number is pure speculation
  • th0rryy said:
    Anyone else concerned that Cosgrove's record in English football (including quite a few games in non league) is 16 goals in 126 games?
    Not massively, because in the short-term, I would want a striker like him to come in and enable the other players.

May has been struggling for support all season. Kanu tried to be the target man against Port Vale, but that's not his natural game and will struggle against seasoned 6ft+ CBs in L1. Cosgrove should add the height, strength and hold-up play that we desperately lack. Yes, adding goals to that should be a priority, but both May and Kanu would benefit from someone like him in the team.
    Getting a body in should have been a priority weeks ago. If we've spent this long dawdling over targets and Cosgrove is the best we can come up with, that is a massive disappointment.
  • NabySarr said:
    I think it should be obvious by now that there is no money and that these guys are not saviours. By the end of the window it will be crystal clear. 

I’m numb to it all now. Roll on the next set of penniless investors…
    Haven’t we paid fees for 3 players already this summer? So there is money available, just they are not going to throw silly money around 
    May yes, however I'm sure I saw somewhere that Edun was actually a free/very very minimal amount. Who knows. It's not looking good regardless. 
  • NabySarr said:
    I think it should be obvious by now that there is no money and that these guys are not saviours. By the end of the window it will be crystal clear. 

I’m numb to it all now. Roll on the next set of penniless investors…
    Haven’t we paid fees for 3 players already this summer? So there is money available, just they are not going to throw silly money around 
    May yes, however I'm sure I saw somewhere that Edun was actually a free/very very minimal amount. Who knows. It's not looking good regardless. 
    Taylor involved a fee too because of his age and Camara attracted a loan fee.
  • MrBurns said:

Not including the ones they already paid for you mean