Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MrBurns said:
    I don't expect us to spend another penny on a transfer fee and it'll be loans the last couple of days of the window. Not ITK we've just seen this a thousand times before. We don't owe these new owners anything, they need to get us on side. We all heard that there would be more action than words but the silence is deafening.
    4/5 more in and money will be spent especially on the striker 
    Nb. Not a serious poster. Best ignored.
    How comes we offered big money for Exeter striker ? They have said they want 4/5 new players 
    We offered money. If we offered big money, he would be a Charlton player by now!

that isn't a dig at the new owners, as I don't thing nombe is worth big money. 
    So you would pay 1.2 mill for him plus the 30% sell on to MK Dons .. the bid is 600,000 
    erm...can you read?
  • Lowe is living off a purple patch with Swansea 3 seasons ago, where he scored 7 goals in as many games, then didn't score at all in 3 months, then he scored 5 in 5 (including 2 against the scum) at the end of the season. 
  • Plaaayer said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Now on the correct thread... 

Seeing as people want to rush into a decision is Bogle available? Cos that's the kind of player you end up with when you rush to sign players. 

I know it's annoying but we need to make sure we get the right players. 
    Bogle isn’t the kind of player you get when you rush to sign players, Bogle is who you get if you’re out of options because you didn’t move fast enough, we signed him at the beginning of October! 
    Not as bad as it sounds, the season started in mid September due to Covid. Sandgaard took over late September, so we signed Bogle within a week or two after we were able to bring players in.
  • Smithy said:
    Don't see how Exeter are being unreasonable at all. If they feel Nombe could be the difference between survival and relegation, then to them he is worth, at the very least, whatever they'd lose by having a season in League Two. £500k was never going to be accepted for a player like him. 
    The cynic in me believes that we may well have made a bid of 500k(possibly 600), but all the time knowing that it would never be accepted. Makes the new regime look like they are talking the talk and backing it up with action.
    The reality however.....
    I have always said I'm sure something like this happens.

Chairman of club A speaks to chairman of club B. They discuss letting the media know that Club A are interested in a player of club B. Club B can then put the story out of how they have rebuffed club A & wont be selling their star player. 

Upshot is.......Chairman of club A can say "look, we put a good offer in for player x but club B wont sell. We have done our best"

Chairman of club B can say "we have held onto our best player, aren't we wonderful"

Wun/win. Both clubs come out smelling like roses. 

Fwiw.

I don't think we will be signing Nombe, JCH or Ladapo. We have made our "marque" signing with Alfie May. 

Any striker signing will be a Premier League/Championship youngster on loan. Or a old lag who doesn't mind a bit part role & happy to come off the bench for 15/20 mins as he's on his last legs.
  • Cosgrove already feels like a step down from some of the strikers we were hoping to sign a month ago, if he really has gone elsewhere then that is disappointing, especially if it is to a League 1 rival like Blackpool. 
  • Wouldn't be against Jamal Lowe at all as a loan signing, good record at this level and championship level - can play wide too. Might have struggled at QPR last season but it seems that entire squad underperformed. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Lowe is living off a purple patch with Swansea 3 seasons ago, where he scored 7 goals in as many games, then didn't score at all in 3 months, then he scored 5 in 5 (including 2 against the scum) at the end of the season. 
    We get a rumour and within five minutes we have someone writing him off. Sad  🤣🤣
    More like a name thrown out to stop people complaining about the lack of movement in the transfer window. 

Throw in a fake bid well under valuation and we can pretend they tried. 
    You are a happy old soul! 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    sam3110 said:
    Lowe is living off a purple patch with Swansea 3 seasons ago, where he scored 7 goals in as many games, then didn't score at all in 3 months, then he scored 5 in 5 (including 2 against the scum) at the end of the season. 
    We get a rumour and within five minutes we have someone writing him off. Sad  🤣🤣
    More like a name thrown out to stop people complaining about the lack of movement in the transfer window. 

Any word on where that saved money in January went? Asking for a friend. 
  • Sounds like someone has just found Martin's black box & switched it on......
    Need to turn off the "Injury Prone" default filter then.
  • according to ITTV loan move for Cosgrove not happening ? whether he chosen another team not sure 
    Bloody hell even Plymouth managed to get Cosgrove on loan.
    They were not battling with championship sides and sides who have just been relegated to get him 
    Do you want to buy some magic beans that I own?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    sam3110 said:

Any word on where that saved money in January went? Asking for a friend. 
    Saved money?
  • Jamal Lowe is on about 10-12k a week, I do not see us signing him.

Would love him though, tall, quick and can play across the front 3 with bags of experience, doesn't usually struggle with injuries. Imagine we would have to be a championship side to get him
  • https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-barnsley-submit-bid-for-afc-wimbledon-star-al-hamadi/

Barnsley have had a bid rejected for Ali Al-Hamadi from AFC Wimbledon, wonder if he's someone we're looking at too. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Not writing him off, but he hasn't set the world alight for a couple of years now, he's 29 too so even if it works out and we manage to sign him permanently afterwards, there's little opportunity for growth
  • I see Bristol Rovers have signed Jack Hunt, they're building a decent squad there.
    Don’t think Jack Hunt = decent squad good player in his day but now on the way down and just happy to get a contract anywhere 
    Who would you go for Ronnie? Agree about Jack Hunt. 
    If the Coventry bloke hip issue can be managed he a very good player and most likey to good for league one 
    Another player carrying an injury. 
    Just what we need.
    He not or we would not get insurance for him and would not be able to do a deal .. 
    You have just said on your last post that he has  a  hip issue that needs to be managed. 
    F***** him big style there Rambo :D
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon this.
    We have not brought players in for whatever reason and the two obvious receivers of info from within the club are being given ffp restraints as a lie/reason.
    Oh well, I'm off to walk the dog.
  • Southbank said:
    Will be the ideal replacement for Kane but not yet. Needs another season at Brighton, score a load of goals, then leave.
    He already looked a real class act when he played for their youth team against ours a few years ago. Another Shearer type.
    i went to that game and Brighton do have a lot of good young players. 
  • I don’t buy into we’re waiting to get the right player (striker). I think we’ve moved on to our fifth and sixth choices or even just whoever is out there. Scott has a lot of experience but this screams of being nieve. Still time but as already said. The clock is ticking.
  • I don’t buy into we’re waiting to get the right player (striker). I think we’ve moved on to our fifth and sixth choices or even just whoever is out there. Scott has a lot of experience but this screams of being nieve. Still time but as already said. The clock is ticking.
    Agreed, but I don't believe Methven and Scott are naive.
    They may still come up with the necessary signings in the next 2 weeks, but it's looking increasing like the same transfer windows we've seen for years. 
  • Yes!!! conspiracy season again

I think the reason why we haven't made anymore signings is because it's a property play from Methven. 
    Not naïve really if others don't play ball. As said before it's fine and well saying "go sign xxxx" but you need to reach an agreement with the club selling, the player themselves, the agent and they have to pass the no dickheads rule and a medical. 

Might do all of that and fall down on the medical, like Dabo. Might do all of that but the selling team can't find a replacement first, like Ladapo. Might do all of that but the fee they ask for is too much cos they don't need to sell, like Nombe. Might do all of that and at the last minute the players boyhood club suddenly has their embargo lifted for just 5 days and in that time they swoop in and sign him, like Smith.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-barnsley-submit-bid-for-afc-wimbledon-star-al-hamadi/

Barnsley have had a bid rejected for Ali Al-Hamadi from AFC Wimbledon, wonder if he's someone we're looking at too. 
    Put him up as a suggestion a couple of weeks ago. We should be interested for sure.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-barnsley-submit-bid-for-afc-wimbledon-star-al-hamadi/

Definitely, 6'2, versatile, only young and looking like one of the better players in league 2. 

Wouldn't want to break the bank though, should be a low 6 digit sum and a sell on I reckon.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Definitely, 6'2, versatile, only young and looking like one of the better players in league 2. 

Wouldn't want to break the bank though, should be a low 6 digit sum and a sell on I reckon.

Definitely fits the right kind of profile too , young with upside - couple hundred grand max and a sell on might be enough. Wouldn't want to be paying £500k or something.