Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retained List - Published

Comments

• Options
    So we have a budget agreed with all parties for next season.  Did anyone ask if it was more or less than this season!

Innis replaced by Deji
    Morgan replaced by Mcgrandles
    Clare replaced by Asimwe
    Sessegnon replaced by Roddy
    Raksakyi replaced by Ryler 

simples

Looking forward to going to Grimsby and Rochdale in 24/25 

• Options
    Is Steven Sessegnon out of contract at Fulham this summer ? 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I would be surprised if Clare, Innis and Morgan didn't have contract discussions over the past 6 months or so with the club. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 were actually offered contracts but decided to leave on a free and go elsewhere. I don't think any will struggle to find clubs at the same level as us.
    None will sign for a club that finished higher than us in the league structure in my opinion.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    se9addick said:
    If you added up the weekly wages , of players that have just been let go how much will that knock off the wage bill, and have we reached break even yet?
    Not even close. I think the last accounts suggested we were losing £10M an year excluding income from transfer fees. Based on that we would need to reduce wages by circa £200k per week to break even. The salaries of the players released won’t even touch the sides.

Breaking even is a total fallacy for a club like us in L1.
    I would be interested to see the cash flow rather than the Profit and Loss.  It is possible to load depreciation into the books and that is a non-cash item.  Given that TS only bought non-tangible assets, i.e. goodwill as opposed to goodwill plus a stadium, I would assume that the level of depreciation is high because the goodwill has to be written off.  What is important is the cash flow, because that will decide whether we can continue in business without financial support.
    TS knew all this stuff when he bought the club, so our financial situation cannot come as a surprise to him.  He thought he could apply some American managerial skills that the Brits didn't have and so get us out of this league.  5-year plan, anyone?
    Amortisation of intangible assets is £786K and relates entirely to player values. There's no goodwill.
    Are you saying that the price that TS paid for the club was entirely based on player values?
    There's no goodwill in the accounts at all, but there's a surprisingly large amount of tangible fixed assets, now at least, I've only looked at the last filed set. The player registrations are also described as being of considerably higher net realisable value than that stated in the accounts.
  • Options
    I believe so…
  • Options
    I believe so…
    Perhaps we'll try to sign him. 🤞
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Mentioned earlier that it's all well and good being happy with the release list, but what if their replacements are undercooked youth? 

Clayden, Chin, Henry, Roddy, Deji, Kanu etc.

I wouldn't assume that we are ready to sign improvements above the level of those released. Maybe I'm too scarred!
    Thought Clayden signed perm for Wealdstone.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    mendonca said:
    Mentioned earlier that it's all well and good being happy with the release list, but what if their replacements are undercooked youth? 

Clayden, Chin, Henry, Roddy, Deji, Kanu etc.

I wouldn't assume that we are ready to sign improvements above the level of those released. Maybe I'm too scarred!
    Thought Clayden signed perm for Wealdstone.
    He did but we'd probably buy him back! 
  • Options
    Was hoping to have some Hollywood glitz down the Valley season after next but with this squad we'll be trading places with Wrexham next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He needs a knee operation. A big risk before knowing the outcome.
  • Options
    No more crocks please
  • Options
    Not read that he needs an op. Any links to that?
  • Options
    edited May 2023
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-outlines-situation-surrounding-fulham-loan-defender/

Charlton defender Steven Sessegnon does not require surgery on his knee injury.

Unless there has been an update on whats happening with the knee since January, as cant find anything newer
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-outlines-situation-surrounding-fulham-loan-defender/

Charlton defender Steven Sessegnon does not require surgery on his knee injury.

Unless there has been an update on whats happening with the knee since January, as cant find anything newer
    I think it was mentioned on here but can't find it.

That article was back in January and he has continued to have problems in the limited minutes he's played since then.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Richard J said:
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    I consistently seem to rate Clare higher than other people 
    Reminded me of a modern day Denis Booth, both were stop gap players, never quite good enough to be your first choice in whatever position they played. 
    Love to see you say that face to face with Dennis Booth.
    knew how to play with pride and commitment.
    He did Lewis and it could be argued so did Clare. My point was that they were never able to hold down a place, Dennis Booth, as I remember played almost a season covering an injured Bob Curtis at right back but never kept Bob out when he returned. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the only positions that Denis Booth didn't play was goalkeeper, centre half and centre forward. 
    I never saw Booth play for Charlton, but he had a successful career at this level for Hull , Lincoln and Watford where he was a key part of Graham Taylor's first couple of promotion teams.
    And, of course, Dennis Booth only ever played Second Division (today's Championship) games for Charlton and Blackpool.

I thought he played in Taylor's first season in the second tier before being moved on.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Kirk and Lavelle couldn't even get into their teams they were on loan with....duds.
    Laville was injured and returned to Charlton , long before season was over Kirk done well Burton playing in number 10 role and scoring some important goals  

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Kirk and Lavelle couldn't even get into their teams they were on loan with....duds.
    Laville was injured and returned to Charlton , long before season was over Kirk done well Burton playing in number 10 role and scoring some important goals  

Since he signed Kirk has played well everywhere except when he played for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

Lol! Yup Kirk played so well for Burton he couldn't even get in their starting line up as the season went on.
  • Options
    Pretty sure he signed a new deal at Fulham before joining us. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Absolute bollocks about Albie. Better player that was totally misunderstood by the Charlton Life faithful let alone the management. Would rather see his endeavour than the Gilby/Fraser/Kirk/Payne/Henry/Jayasimi who are lazy and not effective .

Hope he is moving because of a better offer than Charlton can provide.

Yep, the hundreds of fans who watched him every week and the management and coaching staff who see him every day and have decided he is not good enough to offer a new contract have misunderstood him, but @r@raytreacy69 gets him and knows he should be the rock we build our team around 
    If your going to quote get the right 'lifer'. 🙄

Just for the record Albie had the no 10 shirt this season so you knew the right player 

• Options
    Personally thought Sess looked better at LB than RB (at this level).
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Personally thought Sess looked better at LB than RB (at this level).
    I only remember him playing right back once and we won 6-0