Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Retained List - Published

Comments

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    Is Steven Sessegnon out of contract at Fulham this summer ? 
    Pretty sure he signed a new deal at Fulham before joining us. 
    He’s out of contract, Fulham have an option to extend for 1 more year however as yet they have not triggered it.

I don’t think they will, but he will probably get better offers from the Championship than we can give him.

strangely the only reason we have a chance is the bad knee.
    Personally, and I understand he’s got a knee problem and is right footed playing at left back, but I wasn’t that impressed with him.  Will probably get a better team than us next season, maybe, but overall, I didn’t think ‘what a loss’ when he couldn’t play sometimes last season 

I may well be proven wrong and he goes on to bigger and better things, but I didn’t get a wow factor from him as anything special 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Is the retained list thread the new "managing expectations" transfer rumours thread? 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Is Steven Sessegnon out of contract at Fulham this summer ? 
    Pretty sure he signed a new deal at Fulham before joining us. 
    He’s out of contract, Fulham have an option to extend for 1 more year however as yet they have not triggered it.

I don’t think they will, but he will probably get better offers from the Championship than we can give him.

strangely the only reason we have a chance is the bad knee.

As Steven Sessegnon struggled to play two games in a row because of his knee, I'm surprised that no operation is needed.

Why will it be any different next season ?

Hope for Steven's sake it not a Chris Solly type problem.
  • Options
    It's probably likely that his knee issue is relating to the articular cartilage, bone-on-bone issues which can rarely be treated with an op. Unless the knee jelly transplant industry has made huge strides in recent years.
  • Options
    Can’t be much longer until the u18s retained list comes out?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can’t be much longer until the u18s retained list comes out?
    Will probably be after their last game 
  • Options
    Good point!
  • Options
    Why was Conor Washington let go. He scored 11 league last season with Stockley scored 13 goals. Without Conor , Stockley only scored 2 league goals. Our performance went downhill.
  • Options
    Why was Conor Washington let go. He scored 11 league last season with Stockley scored 13 goals. Without Conor , Stockley only scored 2 league goals. Our performance went downhill.
    Because he/his agent blabbed about JJ not being offered a new contract (effectively sacked).
    Plus he was on a high wage, so a good excuse to not renew his contract (allegedly).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/retained-list-squad-update

Charlton have offered new contracts to Michael Hector, Aaron Henry and Terell Thomas.

Macauley Bonne, Sean Clare, Alex Gilbey, Nathan Harness, Ryan Inniss and Albie Morgan will all leave the club following the expiration of their contracts this summer.

The following players are set to return to the club following loan spells during the 2022/23 season: Richard Chin, Deji Elerewe, Diallang Jaiyesimi, Charlie Kirk, Sam Lavelle, Conor McGrandles.

The following players will leave the club following the expiration of their contracts: Macauley Bonne, Sean Clare, Alex Gilbey, Nathan Harness, Ryan Inniss, Albie Morgan.

The following players will leave the club following the expiration of their loan deals: Todd Kane, Gavin Kilkenny, Matt Penney, Jes Rak-Sakyi, Steven Sessegnon.

I can't see that any of the highlighted have a future with us
  • Options

Charlton have offered new contracts to Michael Hector, Aaron Henry and Terell Thomas.

Macauley Bonne, Sean Clare, Alex Gilbey, Nathan Harness, Ryan Inniss and Albie Morgan will all leave the club following the expiration of their contracts this summer.

The following players are set to return to the club following loan spells during the 2022/23 season: Richard Chin, Deji Elerewe, Diallang Jaiyesimi, Charlie Kirk, Sam Lavelle, Conor McGrandles.

The following players will leave the club following the expiration of their contracts: Macauley Bonne, Sean Clare, Alex Gilbey, Nathan Harness, Ryan Inniss, Albie Morgan.

The following players will leave the club following the expiration of their loan deals: Todd Kane, Gavin Kilkenny, Matt Penney, Jes Rak-Sakyi, Steven Sessegnon.

Not Deji ??
  • Options
    Stats wise he was named in the championship's 'worst team of the year'
  • Options
    Over a week since the announcement and no news about whether Hector, Thomas and Henry will sign
  • Options
    Over a week since the announcement and no news about whether Hector, Thomas and Henry will sign

They're probably waiting for a better offer from elsewhere.
    Failing that they will sign late on
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Not Deji ??
    possibly ..  am I right in guessing that he has been playing up front for Bromley ? .. If so and if he can get a bit of fire in his belly, he could develop into a much needed striker for us
  • Options

They're probably waiting for a better offer from elsewhere.
    Failing that they will sign late on
    I suspect that better offers will be very few and far between
  • Options
    So half of Holden's first team have gone and 2 more yet to sign.
    He may have to create almost an entire new first 11, bar the goalie, Dobson  Leaburn and Fraser
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Not Deji ??
    possibly ..  am I right in guessing that he has been playing up front for Bromley ? .. If so and if he can get a bit of fire in his belly, he could develop into a much needed striker for us
    BBC match reports put him up front in one game and on the left wing in another (not looked at any more). I assume they're just inaccurate line ups, one of them also has our ex player James Vennings shown as playing centre back when he's a central midfielder.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    So half of Holden's first team have gone and 2 more yet to sign.
    He may have to create almost an entire new first 11, bar the goalie, Dobson  Leaburn and Fraser
    which might not be as bad as it seems at first glance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect all three will have other offers, plus because of the World Cup the playoffs haven't even finished yet. I expect a lot of people will be on holiday right now. I would expect it to be another couple of weeks at least before we hear anything definitive on Hector. Maybe sooner with Thomas and Henry who I suspect will have less interest. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    There will be a date, when they will have to commit by, or not...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    There will be a date, when they will have to commit by, or not...
    Right, I just don't think that date will be in May. Holden says negotiations are ongoing. It tends to be the case that we don't hear much about these negotiations until the final outcome, which is why I wouldn't read too much into things right now.
  • Options
    Because he/his agent blabbed about JJ not being offered a new contract (effectively sacked).
    Plus he was on a high wage, so a good excuse to not renew his contract (allegedly).
    Plus he was pretty shyte. It wasn’t releasing him that was the issue, it was not replacing him with better. 
  • Options

some biggish clubs allegedly chasing Clare. What are they seeing in him? Has some talent but is poor at reading the game 

https://the72.co.uk/2023/05/26/qpr-and-derby-county-among-sides-keen-on-departing-charlton-athletic-man-report-claims/
  • Options
    kafka said:

some biggish clubs allegedly chasing Clare. What are they seeing in him? Has some talent but is poor at reading the game 

https://the72.co.uk/2023/05/26/qpr-and-derby-county-among-sides-keen-on-departing-charlton-athletic-man-report-claims/
    Not the most reliable source. Agent trying to drum up interest?
  • Options
    Deffo
  • Options
    kafka said:

Better than us.