Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Jones signs on a two year deal

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Hector was fine? I like their partnership 
    Just seen the Players' Marks thread. Hector - 7 dominant
    Hilariious. You need to change your medication.
    What did he do wrong? Their goal was a wicked cross, almost impossible to defend, and he looked to defend on the front foot for the rest of the game, didn't let them play in front of him. Jones did so even more forthrightly, but they're both unafraid to mix it 
    His positioning, as always, was dreadful. He barely won a ball if he was challenged.
    He always lets attackers run beyond him, assuming that someone else will pick them up. He has zero organisation skills.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    What did he do wrong? Their goal was a wicked cross, almost impossible to defend, and he looked to defend on the front foot for the rest of the game, didn't let them play in front of him. Jones did so even more forthrightly, but they're both unafraid to mix it 
    His positioning, as always, was dreadful. He barely won a ball if he was challenged.
    He always lets attackers run beyond him, assuming that someone else will pick them up. He has zero organisation skills.

Cheltenham had one shot on target. He must have done something right 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Mate...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Umm. They are bottom of the league and have scored something like 10 goals all season. So one shot on target is par for the course. Otherwise we contrived to make the Gloucestershire race track look good. 

Jones is a million miles away from being as good as Naby Sarr let alone Matt Taylor or Michael Morrison. 
  • Options
    Superb tonight. 
  • Options
    Not sure I’d rate anything superb tonight other than the three points. A mediocre performance- putting it mildly - versus the team bottom of L1. Oh well. 
  • Options
    This. Plus as we know all too well, teams at the bottom rarely just roll over because they’re fighting for their lives. It’s the complacent mid table teams that are usually easier to beat.
  • Options
    Be interested to see the stats on last night on headers! Hector certainly won his fair share.. not say he won as many as Jones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    JaShea99 said:
    This. Plus as we know all too well, teams at the bottom rarely just roll over because they’re fighting for their lives. It’s the complacent mid table teams that are usually easier to beat.
    Like us!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Be interested to see the stats on last night on headers! Hector certainly won his fair share.. not say he won as many as Jones
    Hector won 3/5 aerial duels and Jones won 12/15 according to FotMob. Can be misleading though depending on how dangerous each wing was and where they aimed crosses/goal kicks
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Umm. They are bottom of the league and have scored something like 10 goals all season. So one shot on target is par for the course. Otherwise we contrived to make the Gloucestershire race track look good. 

Jones is a million miles away from being as good as Naby Sarr let alone Matt Taylor or Michael Morrison. 
    Horrendous start to the season but they’ve won 3 of their last 5 under the new manager… the two they didn’t win were a 3-2 defeat to Blackpool and a 1-1 draw with Wigan.

Exactly. Why do some people only look at current team position, yet ignore recent run of form and results? 

• Options
    I thought Jones played well last night.
    Since he has arrived, settled in if you like, his performances have gently, but steadily, improved.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Hector won 3/5 aerial duels and Jones won 12/15 according to FotMob. Can be misleading though depending on how dangerous each wing was and where they aimed crosses/goal kicks
    Would make sense, as Jones normally attacks the goal kicks! Felt like Hector won a lot more last night.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

What's Lloyd done to upset you?  He's clearly our best bet at centre back and to say he is miles off Naby Sarr is harsh.  He deserved his POTM award last night and I can't think of many errors from him that have cost goals.  No he's not perfect but playing alongside Hector much be challenging this season and having two rusty wing backs isn't going to help
    Maybe Jones isn't Naby Sarr ...... but he's a dependable and solid League One centreback.
    Right now, he's a very good fit for our team. 

• Options
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Stats speak for themselves: 

Hector: 

Headed Clearances: 1
    Ground Duels won: 1
    Aerial Duels won: 3

Jones: 

Headed Clearances: 4
    Ground Duels won: 3
    Aerial Duels won: 12
    As the Fenaddick mentioned, can be a little misleading.. As he was only part of 5 duels.. And no doubt most of Jones headers were from goalkicks, as he goes and attacks them! Let at the stats on positive passes, no defender made more! 
  • Options
    Jones is evidently designated as First CB, priority to deal with the aerial stuff.

Hector, the second CB - what we used to call sweeper. 

Not surprising then, that Jones wins more aerial stuff. 

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

As the Fenaddick mentioned, can be a little misleading.. As he was only part of 5 duels.. And no doubt most of Jones headers were from goalkicks, as he goes and attacks them! Let at the stats on positive passes, no defender made more! 
    I'm completely unsurprised that he had much fewer duels, because as I said in the post-match thread, Hector was happy to stand off his man and let him win headers uncontested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

I'm completely unsurprised that he had much fewer duels, because as I said in the post-match thread, Hector was happy to stand off his man and let him win headers uncontested.
    Why would you have two defenders go for the same aerial ball, you don't want to get caught flat.. Number one rule, one attacks, one drops! 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

Why would you have two defenders go for the same aerial ball, you don't want to get caught flat.. Number one rule, one attacks, one drops! 
    I'm not talking about headers Jones was going for. How was that not obvious?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

Hector doesn't stand off, if there is a header to be won! Jones game is all about going to win balls, and some times some he has no right to win. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

Hector doesn't stand off, if there is a header to be won! Jones game is all about going to win balls, and some times some he has no right to win. 
    Were you at the game?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

Were you at the game?
    Watched from Dubai, so maybe get a different prospective of the game..
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

Were you at the game?
    Fair enough. I saw it happen three times right in front of me. Their goalkeeper launched the ball forward, and Hector dropped three yards off the striker and let him win the header uncontested. If I was watching on TV, I would likely have only seen their player winning the header and not Hector's movement. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

Were you at the game?
    Fair enough. I saw it happen three times right in front of me. Their goalkeeper launched the ball forward, and Hector dropped three yards off the striker and let him win the header uncontested. If I was watching on TV, I would likely have only seen their player winning the header and not Hector's movement. 
    Still no issue with that, if it isn't a ball he is going to win! Jones, is very good at getting up early and winning the ball, that isn't Hector's strength, no point giving away needs fouls!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Jones is ok, we have a lot more issues than him at the moment
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Hector: 

Jones: 

Were you at the game?
    Still no issue with that, if it isn't a ball he is going to win! Jones, is very good at getting up early and winning the ball, that isn't Hector's strength, no point giving away needs fouls!
    Ok, pretty sure you're just trolling me at this point. Will leave it there!
  • Options
    Can’t see that Hector has many strengths to be honest unless you call consistent lapses of concentration a strength.