Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Joint worst start to a league campaign in 33 years. 
  • Options
    Appleton is available actually. Wouldn't be a bad shout.

Luke Williams I just can't see leaving Notts County yet. Maybe next season if he gets them in and around the playoffs this season 
  • Options
    Can't see this lot wanting Bowyer. He's the type that will moan if he's not getting the backing. Would've thought they'd be after more of a yes man but we'll see. 
  • Options
    Nathan Jones would be my pick but it feels immaterial. Unless the set-up is right behind the scenes, then it’s irrelevant who stands out front on the touchline. 
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    Steve Evans anyone, we love him in SE7.
    Only joking, but maybe not a good idea to joke about these things.

Evans would not be the most popular choice ever,but If he was our manager he would be seen in a different light,and he gets results wherever he goes.I think he is just what we need to shake this club up,before we descend into oblivion.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Can't see this lot wanting Bowyer. He's the type that will moan if he's not getting the backing. Would've thought they'd be after more of a yes man but we'll see. 
    If that's the case then it's highly unlikely to be Moore either, given he left Sheff Weds because of a disagreement with the owner over signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Firstly we always have at least a couple of managers a season recent years so nice to get it out the way in august and not wait for the autumn dip in form. 
    I like Bowyer, if nothing else he’s passionate and clearly doesn’t like losing. Get him in while there’s still time to try another couple before May. 
  • Options
    Think people are just living off the past once again with regards to wanting Lee bowyer back, the bloke had Cullen Aribo and bielik in midfield alongside Lyle Taylor.
    Lyle Taylor for manager! yeh different. Post match interviews would go on ...and on
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    The chap at Notts county did a great job there last year.  Attractive football and winning mentality

or

whats Michael Appleton up to these days?
     Garner Mark 2

No. We need a really strong character that has enough about them the handle the inevitable New manager slump that comes after the bounce. And also one that tells the ownership the kind of things they don't want to hear and they stick by him through it.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Who is Jimmy Stone?  why does he know more than others?
    Long term fan, former part of the commuications team, believe he was one of Rick's team when Rick was comms supremo. Subsequently worked at West Ham and possibly FL or other footballing authority.
    Thanks, he's got connections
  • Options
    Have a feeling that a situation had arisen within the club -between Holden and the board -and this decision was made before a ball was kicked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWR

While the buck always stops at the Managers door 🚪 it really should go higher than that because those decision makers since relegation from the Premier League have got it so badly wrong.

Obviously money is a big factor in choosing a new manager and their backroom staff but nobody who we might assume would be well positioned in terms of football experience have shown a complete lack of judgement in finding the right candidate for the job.

Again, it’s never that simplistic or certainly not in our case and I’m seriously concerned there’s no evidence to suggest that they may get it right this time or anytime soon!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I didn't want him as manager but he seems a decent person and he did reasonably well last season, so I was happy for him to continue. Sadly, we've been shocking this season and he's made some awful tactical choices recently. I'm not upset he's gone tbh, but wish him and his family well for the future.
  • Options
    CAFC = Purgatory!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Who is Jimmy Stone?  why does he know more than others?
    Long term fan, former part of the commuications team, believe he was one of Rick's team when Rick was comms supremo. Subsequently worked at West Ham and possibly FL or other footballing authority.
    I know Jimmy but he came in towards the end of the time I worked for the club when Matt Wright was running the comms set-up.
  • Options
    Anyone wanting Bowyer back seems to have forgotten what a shambles the football was at the end of his tenure. 

We have to show a bit of ambition. Keep going backwards at present....
    Yes, by the end it was a total mess and it was best for everyone he went. 

But, ....I would still unashamedly absolutely love to have Bowyer back.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Gribbo said:
    Can never understand sackin a manager without their replacement already lined up, snd having to use a caretaker manager

Unless there was a fall out last night?
    My guess is there’s been a fall out brewing for some time. No manager would be happy going into a season as unsupported as Holden was., given the circumstances. 

My hunch is him and Scott have been at loggerheads all summer and there’s been an undercurrent over the last few weeks and inevitably about all this. 
    We have a winner here, would be my take.
    I think there might well have been a friction and perhaps Holden picked that team v Oxford to make a point that he desperately needed reinforcements. Perhaps Rodwell, Scott or whomever is calling the shots didn’t much like it and thought fuck you, you’re out. 
  • Options
    Sir Chris for me, man management at this level is crucial, but may be not enough in Championship as we witnessed (if we get there)
    Otherwise Nathan Jones, however not sure he would drop down
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Gribbo said:
    Can never understand sackin a manager without their replacement already lined up, snd having to use a caretaker manager

Unless there was a fall out last night?
    My guess is there’s been a fall out brewing for some time. No manager would be happy going into a season as unsupported as Holden was., given the circumstances. 

My hunch is him and Scott have been at loggerheads all summer and there’s been an undercurrent over the last few weeks and inevitably about all this. 
    We have a winner here, would be my take.
    I think there might well have been a friction and perhaps Holden picked that team v Oxford to make a point that he desperately needed reinforcements. Perhaps Rodwell, Scott or whomever is calling the shots didn’t much like it and thought fuck you, you’re out. 
    Garner picked that ridiculous team and formation against Cheltenham last year - very similar