Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holden sacked?! (Ed. Yes - Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    BigDiddy said:
    BigDiddy said:

Do we have to keep going over the same old crap … CM had no say in this he not making them decisions .. this come from high down to Andy Scott and Rodwell … New manager will be decided by Andy Scott and Peter Storrie who is still at the club till Friday 

If you believe that, good luck.

CM is the chief architect of this takeover and what is following.

No manager, no time left in the window, no squad, no hope.

Pearce and Hayes will do their best.

Are you confident in the new ownership and SMT?
    So Methven has the same control Sandgaard had and is running the show with everyone else involved his puppets. It's  all on him alone is what you're saying.

Think that’s the most words I’ve ever seen put into someone’s mouth on this site!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Either a smart move by Methven and co to get him out now based on what they’ve seen and having no confidence, or, this coupled with rumours like the one that a sponsor had to pay for May, implies we’ve got another bunch of absolute twats running out club.  At the moment, Methven and his group of investors have zero credit in the bank, so for me, it’s the latter and I’m incredibly suspicious now of just what a crap show might now be about to embark on the club.

Hope I’m proved wrong and they’ve got someone lined up to come in, and are going to be making at least 3/4 decent signings before the window finishes.  Anything else and this season will be like the last 2 
    No signs that Methven is “smart”

A money grabbing chancer is how i view him, but he may turn out to be a knight in shining armour…

They have no money.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    On the plus side, we can bid for JCH now.
    The no dick head policy has been scrapped!!😂
    I actually did think this seriously. JCH seems to fit this ownership but not Holden.
  • Options
    I wonder if the senior management team (uk division) slept soundly last night . After all it was them who recommended Holden and 3 weeks after the take over they are ordered or decide to sack him, either way if I had invested in Charlton I wouldn’t be impressed, and I would be wondering if they were the correct people to trust my investment with. 
    In fairness Holden was managing in the championship his past couple of jobs so you can see why he was chosen 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    I'd get the manager of Lincoln City, and tell hime to bring his defence  with him . They have half the wage bill we do and finished last season conceeding as few as the top 6 ( 19 less than us).
    And I don't know who he is either.
    Mark Kennedy. Ex- Millwall and Palace. Fair to say he'd have to hit the ground running.
    slim chance that Kennedy would leave a very well stewarded and financed (within reason) club with a playing staff that he has had a big hand in signing and developing
    I mentioned Steve Cotterill elsewhere on here, a tough guy who might relish another very tough challenge
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I wonder if the senior management team (uk division) slept soundly last night . After all it was them who recommended Holden and 3 weeks after the take over they are ordered or decide to sack him, either way if I had invested in Charlton I wouldn’t be impressed, and I would be wondering if they were the correct people to trust my investment with. 
    In fairness Holden was managing in the championship his past couple of jobs so you can see why he was chosen 
    He had Bristol City fighting for the Play-Offs for the first half of the season when he joined them. I read shortly after he joined us, that things fell apart that season because of an injury crisis
  • Options
    edited August 2023
     It seems to me that the investors were sold a quick fix or indeed a guarantee that getting out of this division was a given for this season, any risk to that strategy needed to be addressed before the close of the transfer window. If Holden was at fault then that may have been down to the formation he choose to adopt and the players in that formation. Hector has looked awful in that back three and Thomas has not adapted to it either, so it was almost certain that Jones had to be accompanied by two inexperienced youngsters and youngsters make mistakes. Holden certainly is not at fault for the failure to replace Leaburn but did he dismiss any options to revert to a back four, we have actually made that option even more difficult to achieve by letting Egbo leave, yet Holden stated he couldn't guarantee him game time, which suggests to me that the option of a back four has never entered Holden's thinking. Whoever comes in, will be hampered by a squad short of a right back and an experienced midfield player, he will also have to work out a system to suit the players he does have, Holden played 3-5-2, managed domination in midfield but the back three's inexperience cost him.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be Johnson ffs that's all we need 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I think if i was them, having invested on the basis of ambition and promotion, allegedly, after 5 defeats at the begining of a season I suspect they would be asking some poignant questions and demanding action. Holden is the victim of this, unlike the transfer cheque book, so far!
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    It will be Johnson ffs that's all we need 
    Swisdom has already sunk that rumour
  • Options
    agim said:
    A Pompey mate said the Cowleys are OK but try and play Premiership football in League One. Playing out from the back etc. 

Robinson is a no go for me

Wilder is a experienced head who has perhaps had a slight fall from grace since his Sheff United days 

Moore looks the best option on paper. Recent promotion, knows the league but apparently left Sheff Weds because of dickhead owners so you'd imagine he'll keep well clear of us and may be on the look out for a Championship club. 

My bet is we opt for a middle of the road League One/higher end League Two manager. Cheap option

The Cowleys at Lincoln were quite direct, even long ball at times
  • Options
    I questioned the motives of this lot when they were first touted as potential buyers, many months back.

I was right to be cynical - you can tell by the way they have gone about business that they are chancers trying to make a bob or two on high wages, fees, commissions and expenses. CM and his SMT will be milking it and there will be zero transparency on what they take out of the club. As for the yanks, who knows? I suspect old Charlie boy will be calling them for a little help with the cashflow. I even suspect they might try and get rid of a few this week to reduce the playing side’s costs.

How long might this go on for? My hunch is that the crunch will occur around Xmas - if Leaburn and Dobbo are still here, CM may try and sell them to balance the books and keep the yanks off his back.
    Even Alfie may be sold on. Attendances/income may fall which will speed up the crunch.

There is no miracle cure to this - the cupboard is empty as we have seen these past 6 games.

Pearce and Hayes may get more out of the players and we may see a bounce back over the next few weeks, but the club is in free fall with no apparent plan in place. A new manager in this set up will also fail.

The only hope would be a massive cash injection with a good manager to delivery a total rebuild, but i doubt this lot will not do that - if they had any such intention, they should have announced it by now and got the fans on side. CM may persuade the yanks to put more cash in, but that will only go on for so long as we found out with TS.

When I say a massive cash injection I mean many millions but could this lot be trusted?

It’s about to get worse in my view.

• Options
    agim said:
    A Pompey mate said the Cowleys are OK but try and play Premiership football in League One. Playing out from the back etc. 

Wilder is a experienced head who has perhaps had a slight fall from grace since his Sheff United days 

Moore looks the best option on paper. Recent promotion, knows the league but apparently left Sheff Weds because of dickhead owners so you'd imagine he'll keep well clear of us and may be on the look out for a Championship club. 

My bet is we opt for a middle of the road League One/higher end League Two manager. Cheap option

Can’t stand the Cowleys whatever style they favour so it’s a no from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agim said:

Probably have changes their style. My mate has a ST at Pompey and said some weeks they played teams off the park other weeks couldn't string a pass together 
  • Options
    We will be going for the cheap option. No chance of a Moore or Wilder unfortunately 
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    Was just thinking the last two Charlton managers faced off at the weekend in League Two. That tells us something. 
    How do you work that out?

Johnny Jackson's Wimbledon played Forest Green at the weekend. 

Ben Garner's Colchester played at Gillingham.
  • Options
    We've been unlucky with some poor refereeing but the defending has been bizarre and the team selection on Saturday was from Alice in Wonderland.  If we get in Darren Moore or someone similar I'll give the owners the benefit of the doubt this once.
    Yep, getting shot of Dean only makes sense if you are bringing someone better in, if we go for a completely inexperienced coach / manager,  then start to worry, and the chickens coming home to roost, will finally catch up with us.

I wouldn’t be unhappy with Darren Moore, but would he want to come?
    Well he’s out of work, it’s a decent challenge, after our recent history failure wouldn’t be all that damaging to his reputation. 
  • Options
    Steve Evans anyone, we love him in SE7.
    Only joking, but maybe not a good idea to joke about these things.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    agim said:

Can’t stand the Cowleys whatever style they favour so it’s a no from me.
    iaitch said:
    Sark99 said:
    Was just thinking the last two Charlton managers faced off at the weekend in League Two. That tells us something. 
    How do you work that out?

Johnny Jackson's Wimbledon played Forest Green at the weekend. 

Ben Garner's Colchester played at Gillingham.
    Not the Cowleys 
  • Options
    The chap at Notts county did a great job there last year.  Attractive football and winning mentality

or

whats Michael Appleton up to these days?