Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louie Watson signs on loan from Luton

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Not trying to argue for Appleton here but it’s very interesting how when Apples wasn’t picking him, there was a big clamour for Louie and the coach didn’t know what he was doing.

But now we have a manager that everyone likes, the same decision on the same player has gone completely unquestioned.
    Losses lead to questions about team selection, aswell as players that might be able to turn things around.

Are you making a point, rant or just an observation? It's not clear ;)

• Options
    Either way, it's a massive failure of recruitment to have 2 loan midfielders who haven't made the matchday squad for several games now.
  • Options
    Interesting that Jones signed Watson for Luton. He would have known him previously. This is the third manager who hasn't played him. I suspect he won't be here next year.
  • Options
    We’re playing better and people trust Jones
    Part of what I was getting at. Rightly or wrongly, Appleton wasn’t trusted from the beginning and it permeated through fan reactions to every decision he made. It’s not the same for Jones.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Not trying to argue for Appleton here but it’s very interesting how when Apples wasn’t picking him, there was a big clamour for Louie and the coach didn’t know what he was doing.

But now we have a manager that everyone likes, the same decision on the same player has gone completely unquestioned.
    Losses lead to questions about team selection, aswell as players that might be able to turn things around.

Are you making a point, rant or just an observation? It's not clear ;)

Just an observation.
  • Options

For me a big gripe with Appleton was having L Watson sitting on the bench with no intention to play him especially when he brought on Rylah and Casey instead against Oxford. However bad a trainer Watson may be, if you have him on the bench then use him to try and win the game instead of sitting back in the second half trying to defend a point at home. 

At the moment it's clear to see Anderson is ahead of Watson on merit but that Oxford game in particular Watson could have been used and Appleton refused to play him and in a game which we ended up losing. It's these kind of decisions which baffled fans and ultimately turned the heat on Appleton.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Interesting that Jones signed Watson for Luton. He would have known him previously. This is the third manager who hasn't played him. I suspect he won't be here next year.
    He won't, but we'll have Fraser and McGrandles back in the summer...
    Them and Terry Taylor will be like new signings.
  • Options
    Never really imposed himself on games even when having a few good touches, defensively he was poor and now doesn't deserve a place in front of any of hardworking and more productive current midfielders.

He also doesn't suit the hard running, aggressive style of play NJ is using.

Doubt he'll be around next season.

Next season we'll have Anderson, Coventry and Taylor on long term deals.

The club will be hoping Fraser and McGrandles can be moved on in the summer as they still have a year on their deals.

Backinson and Camara might get deals but neither making that a strong case right now.

Fiorini? No.

Who knows about Dobson?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never really imposed himself on games even when having a few good touches, defensively he was poor and now doesn't deserve a place in front of any of hardworking and more productive current midfielders.

He also doesn't suit the hard running, aggressive style of play NJ is using.

Doubt he'll be around next season.

Next season we'll have Anderson, Coventry and Taylor on long term deals.

The club will be hoping Fraser and McGrandles can be moved on in the summer as they still have a year on their deals.

Backinson and Camara might get deals but neither making that a strong case right now.

Fiorini? No.

Who knows about Dobson?

I’ve not seen enough of Florini to make such judgement but I’m sure Señor Jones has. 
  • Options
    Either way, it's a massive failure of recruitment to have 2 loan midfielders who haven't made the matchday squad for several games now.
    Playing devils advocate for a second on that, is it? He was brought in in the summer and in January we sign 3 players in his position who the recruitment feel are better. Without those three players, he’d still be in the squad. 

I’ll give you Fiorini, think we only brought him in to appease Man City over sending back Tedic.
  • Options
    Louie Watson has looked good in a few games but a bit anonymous in others.  But to not be on the bench or figure in different manager’s plans makes me wonder if the terms of the loan mean we pay significantly more if he starts or is even a sub..?  Obviously don’t know but some loan terms mean we pay more and they don’t think it’s worth it?
  • Options
    Silly that Luton didn't recall him. It's a flaw of the loan system and transfer windows, that players can get stuck at their loan clubs, nowhere near the first team.

I much preferred the old system where there were far fewer loans, but they could be short term ones, and not affected by windows.
  • Options
    edited March 5
    RC_CAFC said:
    Playing devils advocate for a second on that, is it? He was brought in in the summer and in January we sign 3 players in his position who the recruitment feel are better. Without those three players, he’d still be in the squad. 

I’ll give you Fiorini, think we only brought him in to appease Man City over sending back Tedic.
    I don't think Man City were bothered about him being sent back (or not playing) given they released him from his contract when he returned. He's now back at Cukaricki. They must have seen he was not good enough. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    RC_CAFC said:

I don't think Man City were bothered about him being sent back (or not playing) given they released him from his contract when he returned. He's now back at Cukaricki. They must have seen he was not good enough. 
    Yes, that was the footballing equivalent of taking your stuff to a boot sale and then binning the bits that you couldn't sell, because you don't want them clogging up your house.