Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louie Watson signs on loan from Luton

Comments

• Options
    I think Louie is suffering from Albie Morgan syndrome.

Not strong enough defensively to be trusted alongside Dobson, not threatening enough around the penalty area to be the 10.

Morgan played on the wing at times as a result. It’s the only possible way I could see Louie getting regular minutes in this team now Appleton has made up his mind on him.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He is a Scott signing, and the club want to sign him permanently, but Appleton doesn’t want him, so he is going 
    Guessing he's staying put for a while then...
  • Options
    Wonder if Coventry is the replacement or if they have another loan CM in mind? Still think there's a gap to fill if Louie goes back even with Taylor and Mcgrandles fit by the end of the month. 
  • Options
    I think we need to cut Karoy a bit of slack. He’s a kid, who’s come in from the cold, lacking match sharpness and been thrown in to the most toxic of environments. 
    Interestingly his numbers are higher than Louis’ as well. Completed more accurate passes per game, completed more accurate passes in the opposition half per game, more than doubles the amount of duels attempted, more than doubled the amount of duels won and more than triples the amount of tackles per game.

We can’t lose sight that the kids need a little leniency to develop into the senior game. Like when being chucked in the deep end.
    Agree with this. He does make tackles and is good at receiving the ball on the half-turn. He looked good earlier in the season when he linked up with Asiimwe, not so much with T Watson. 

I think he needs a senior pro alongside him to help him with his positioning while he is still learning..for all Dobbo's qualities, I don't think he is the person to give that guidance as he lacks positional discipline himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we signed Watson I guarantee he'd be here longer than Appleton
  • Options
    Someone posted on here that Chem Campbell had been turning up late for training, and got the other players’ backs up. Cannot be sure it was true, of course, but at least that would be a rational reason for dropping him…and then restoring him when he shows he’s learnt his lesson. 

Louie Watson has the demeanour of someone who isn’t afraid to have his say. That would be my guess as to the problem. If so, well, he wouldn’t be the first such footballer, and its up to a manager to manage that.
    Interesting if correct. In which case Appleton could take a lot of pressure off of himself by simply saying something like " I haven't been happy with his attitude in training" or something similar, rather than making up BS about his performances on the pitch.
    I'd certainly be more willing to cut Appleton some slack, but it still doesn't explain why he's putting him on the bench, then totally ignoring him.
  • Options
    Some loan deals require the players involvement in the match day squad or there is a payment involved. It depends on the finances of the loan deal
  • Options
    edited January 3
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He is a Scott signing, and the club want to sign him permanently, but Appleton doesn’t want him, so he is going 
    Cracking. so the setup actually identifies a decent young player who we could potentially get permanently and old misery muscles doesn't like him so we miss out on him. Absolute circus
    If its true though, bang goes any theory that the Manager is having zero say on Recruitment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forward looking midfielder, helps the goal scorers score. A good foil to Dobson, who can pick a pass but his game is more defensive.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    To be fair the hair band does look ridiculous. Must have something to do with it.
    That makes more sense than anything the miserable ugly fraud has said at any point
  • Options
    Perhaps Watson doesn't agree with Appletons tactics and tells him so ?
  • Options
    Someone posted on here that Chem Campbell had been turning up late for training, and got the other players’ backs up. Cannot be sure it was true, of course, but at least that would be a rational reason for dropping him…and then restoring him when he shows he’s learnt his lesson. 

Louie Watson has the demeanour of someone who isn’t afraid to have his say. That would be my guess as to the problem. If so, well, he wouldn’t be the first such footballer, and its up to a manager to manage that.
    I've seen him trying to gee the team uo before games on more than one ocassion and I liked it. 

Whoever said he can play on the half turn is spot on. Watching Chem knock the ball out wide is so hard to watch when Watson can take it in tight spaces so well. 

I've said it before that I get why Appleton didn't like playing him in the double pivot (before CC started playing as the 10. But he's miles better than both Anderson and CC. I'm not big on theories about how much we play players or break clauses or whatever, I do think sometimes managers don't fancy players
    But if that's the case, it's another black mark on Apples. 
  • Options
    Signing JCH could be the turning point - him and May up top - even if apples plays may in the hole in his 433 nonsense, is a proper threat - the big powerhouse that camara was supposed to be is bakinson i guess and the left footed centre back may allow us to play 352? fiorini i guess is the door opener - jch, bakinson and the centre half all seasoned top end league 1 performers which we need - promising but jch is the key 
  • Options
    Starts today so I'm confused now, is he going back or not? Fraser would've been picked if he was, surely. Not a lot makes sense with Appleton so who knows.