Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Louie Watson signs on loan from Luton

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Watson can take the ball on the half turn off the defence too , which none of the other midfielders can .
    Exactly 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Louie Watson is our best player after Alfie May. 

Apologies to any remaining members of the George Dobson fan club, but Watson is the better player. Not that that needs to be a choice for Appleton. Something isn’t right, there’s no way this manager can watch Watson play and decide he shouldn’t be starting games for Charlton. 
    He’s not yet shown that he is as good as the Dobbo that started the season. George was on fire in the earshown that he is as good as the Deebo that started the season. Dubbo was on fire in the early part of the season. 
    Someone had a heavy one last night.
    oops. Was a bit of a late one. 
  • Options
    Maybe we've been trying to window Fraser and failed lol
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Think this might be the real reason behind his exclusion. They want him recalled so they can bring in someone who 'fits the profile.'
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    If we’re going to bring in someone better then I don’t necessarily see a problem with it, but, he looked really good in those early games alongside Dobson and how Fraser has been getting games ahead of him is criminal 

There’s a part of me that wants to believe he, like Tedic and Abankwah just haven’t worked out and we want to send them back because better is on the way, but the more likely outcome is that they were panicked last minute signings by a clueless Scott, and haven’t worked out

If they all go back, that’s 2 really poor windows now under this lot.  Why would this one be different? 
  • Options
    If he’s leaving, fine. But why not play him and get points on the board?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Probably want to see how Asiimwe progresses? Perhaps prefer to play our own player knowing they have a replacement lined up in Jan (wishfull thinking maybe).
    But yes. Think I would have gone for the points. But we don't know what goes on in training.
  • Options

Probably want to see how Asiimwe progresses? Perhaps prefer to play our own player knowing they have a replacement lined up in Jan (wishfull thinking maybe).
    But yes. Think I would have gone for the points. But we don't know what goes on in training.
    Nor does Appleton.
  • Options
    Would be very disappointed if he did go back. But I can understand it from Luton's perspective if there was agreements about how much he played 
  • Options
    It’s a shame the managerial merry go round can’t recall Appleton instead.
    If today goes badly enough you might well get your wish.
  • Options
    Not beige enough to play for us 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully someone asks him for his take on it. 
  • Options
    Purely me speculating but I’m convinced this is a non-football decision. I can’t for the life me believe in the middle of a congested calendar period where we are so so poor and additionally struggling with injuries, that this fella who showed good promise just 2 months ago can’t get a look in.

Either it’s something like what we pay towards him is dependent on play, or there’s a break clause if he features less than x times. It just doesn’t make sense. No one has played well in midfield and a Dobson is being flogged. 
    Curbs and Brownie said something very similar after the game, they said something must've gone on🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Purely me speculating but I’m convinced this is a non-football decision. I can’t for the life me believe in the middle of a congested calendar period where we are so so poor and additionally struggling with injuries, that this fella who showed good promise just 2 months ago can’t get a look in.

Either it’s something like what we pay towards him is dependent on play, or there’s a break clause if he features less than x times. It just doesn’t make sense. No one has played well in midfield and a Dobson is being flogged. 
    Curbs and Brownie said something very similar after the game, they said something must've gone on🤷‍♂️
    He must have had a bust up with MA, and MA is punishing him. At the expense of the club. Can’t think what else it could be. If there was a financial/technical reason he wouldn’t be on the bench. 
  • Options
    I was slightly on the fence about sacking another manager before yesterday but it’s clear that Appleton’s sacking is inevitable .  It’s a pity we are losing a very good league one midfielder because of it 
  • Options
    Didn’t he do the same with McGrandles at Lincoln?
  • Options
    Does it really matter who we sign in the transfer window?
    Until now we've mainly signed a load of dross. But two players have shown a bit of class and should have been regulars, Louis Watson and Chem Campbell.
    Both have been messed around and frozen out.
    Even if we sign decent players, there is no guarantee that Appleton will actually play them.

He'd rather see the team lose, than swallow his pride.
    If I was Dobson I'd be demanding a transfer. Poor bloke is putting in monumental effort in order to try to stem the flow, but has got next to no options ahead of him.
  • Options
    Someone posted on here that Chem Campbell had been turning up late for training, and got the other players’ backs up. Cannot be sure it was true, of course, but at least that would be a rational reason for dropping him…and then restoring him when he shows he’s learnt his lesson. 

Louie Watson has the demeanour of someone who isn’t afraid to have his say. That would be my guess as to the problem. If so, well, he wouldn’t be the first such footballer, and its up to a manager to manage that.