Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slobodan Tedic on loan (p9 - Gone back to Man City)

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    He doesn't look especially prolific, but if he can be providing the knockdowns for May, I won't mind that.
    This, if he chips in with a few and May bangs more in, plus takes pressure off Miles then he’s done his job 
  • Options
    Major said:
    Great signing to work with May.

God forbid some people with football knowledge figured that out and worked the deal.

Must be wrong, though because keyboard wankers know better.

There are some sad sadsacks about the place.
    So people who aren’t as positive as you are wankers now are they? Charming.
  • Options
    Hold it up and bring our midfield into play, and the occasional knock on to Alfie. Basically be Carl Leaburn and we’re laughing. 
  • Options
    Just what we needed 
    Welcome to the Valley 
    Slobodan
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Hopefully his height will help us out in our own box with set pieces

Stockley's best work ended up being as a defender for corners  !
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Incredibly excited to watch this man cleansing corners 
  • Options
    Decent on football manager for me, if he scores 5-6 goals plus in real life, he’ll have done his job, and set up a few goals for Alfie in the mean time.
  • Options
    Hopefully his height will help us out in our own box with set pieces
    I wasn't a Stockley fan and I think we missed his defending height in the box more when he left than any ability (or lack of) that he had as a striker.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Incredibly excited to watch this man clearing corners 

If we are 1 nil up and in the 10 minute of added time and Slob heads away a defensive corner to garner 3 points you will piss yourself with excitement.

I will guarantee that; male pads are available.

I say piss but it may be...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd imagine he's been training and ready for the bench.
  • Options
    For me a striker should always be enough on their own to score goals.

I realise that he's primarily been brought in as a foil for May and to hold the ball up / help defending corners.

However, when May is suspended (already on 3 yellows) and Leaburn & Aneke out injured and Kanu out of form then we might just be relying on him to actually score some goals.
  • Options
    For me a striker should always be enough on their own to score goals.

I realise that he's primarily been brought in as a foil for May and to hold the ball up / help defending corners.

However, when May is suspended (already on 3 yellows) and Leaburn & Aneke out injured and Kanu out of form then we might just be relying on him to actually score some goals.
    If, if and maybe.
    Any Club will struggle if left with only one striker. 
    To prove it, look how we have done with a proven striker at this level trying to do it on his own.
    There are insights and then there is stating the bleeden obvious.
  • Options
    I no nothing of this guy but history shows us a big bloke next to a little bloke often works 😂 
    he wouldn’t be on City’s books if he is shit
  • Options
    The only thing I would say is that we needed this striker from the middle of august really. It’s a shame he’s come in so late - and they can’t pretend they needed to wait for him because we tried Cosgrove and for whatever reason he didn’t come. I’d much rather have secure Cosgrove on a permanent because he’d have been invested. 
  • Options
    I think we were waiting for a better option. 
    Cosgrove turned us down & Ladapo never became available (allegedly).
  • Options
    If that’s the case, then fair point.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I no nothing of this guy but history shows us a big bloke next to a little bloke often works 😂 
    he wouldn’t be on City’s books if he is shit
    He's on City's books because he has a contract with them. Players can hang around the big clubs for years before moving on, without being that good.

Matt Smith 1 and 2, Dylan Levitt etc

Which isn't to say that he's terrible and can't do a job for us, of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honestly though and even if he was 3rd or 4th choice it does at least sound like he was DELIBERATELY 3rd choice. We weren't doing a last minute scramble to find just any dude over 6 feet tall, we had options lined up.

He might turn out to be a good option, or not. And leaving it so long/late is not inspiring. But at least we have moved slightly forward from signings purely for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Looks quite useful from some of the Twitter clips I’ve seen
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ladapo, Cosgrove, Etete, Tedic.

We had irons in the fire for all of them, whoever was first choice etc. is a bit of a moot point, at least we we active for once. 

We also had offers at some point for Smith and Nombe, and showed interest in Clarke-Harris.

Smith we only missed out on because his first club Reading came in at the 11th hour, recently had an embargo lifted and were doing all they could to sign him before we finalised it. 

Nombe we went in with an offer we thought he was worth and got knocked back with a number we decided was too high. He then moved on to a championship team anyway.

Clarke-Harris similarly we had a number in mind and at the start of the window the number touted was too high, combined with his wages. He also doesn't fit in with the no dickheads rule Holden set out, by the time we sacked Holden it was late in the day and we had moved on.

Etete wasn't allowed to leave as Cardiff didn't get a replacement

Cosgrove chose to go to Barnsley, only 50 miles away from his hometown Beverley, so can see the appeal for him. 

Ladapo also wasn't allowed to leave Ipswich as they need the depth. 

Oh and don't forget we actually bought a 20 goal a season striker in Alfie May anyway. 

I think overall, whilst he might not have been first choice, he's not a panic option, and his height and hold up play should compliment the rest of the side 
    Good post. My only issue with any of that is that we could also have gone in for Clarke-Harris were we serious about promotion as his price had dropped yesterday to 800k. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
  • Options
    I wonder if they drove him through Lewisham to get to Sparrows Lane, just to give him that "war torn" experience?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    God defend me for the post edit I have done 
    Nothing to defend NSE livery though.