Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slobodan Tedic on loan (p9 - Gone back to Man City)

Comments

• Options
    I thought Andy Hunt was awful for the first few games i saw him

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Stig said:
    What you could see at the ground that probably wasn't picked up by the TV cameras, was that he put a hell of a lot of effort in. Battled hard, lots of movement, found a lot of space. Sadly, he was rarely picked up by our other players. If they can learn his game and start getting good balls to him, I reckon he'll be absolutely fine. The alternative is that he continues to get poor service, gets frustrated and is quickly Charltonised. I'm hopeful we'll see the former scenario, but hey... this is Charlton. 
    He and May together based on this description would be a nightmare for most defences. (At this level)
  • Options
    Stig said:
    What you could see at the ground that probably wasn't picked up by the TV cameras, was that he put a hell of a lot of effort in. Battled hard, lots of movement, found a lot of space. Sadly, he was rarely picked up by our other players. If they can learn his game and start getting good balls to him, I reckon he'll be absolutely fine. The alternative is that he continues to get poor service, gets frustrated and is quickly Charltonised. I'm hopeful we'll see the former scenario, but hey... this is Charlton. 
    I was there and he made quite a lot of runs in behind that we didn’t look to find and the service to him was poor. But in terms of pressing and winning the ball back I thought he did the bare minimum workload. Maybe that was because of instructions we weren’t looking to close them down like we were in the first half but he certainly wasn’t working hard when we didn’t have the ball. I assumed this was because he wasn’t fit so hopefully he does more of that side of the game in future. 

Hopefully he is good, but I don’t hold out much hope when it was clear we wanted Ladapo, Cosgrove and Etete ahead of him. He was our fourth choice (at best) and there can’t have been much other interest in him if he chose to join a club with no manager 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Redhenry said:

I assume you were pissed .  
    I assume you didn't 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Redhenry said:

I assume you were pissed .  
    I assume you didn't 
    Hunt wasn’t a natural in front of goal but his touch, hold up play and technique, plus movement off the ball were evident from day one 
  • Options

Probably was tbf, but I do remember not being that impressed. Our standards were a million miles higher then tho
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Probably was tbf, but I do remember not being that impressed. Our standards were a million miles higher then tho
    I don't think I was impressed with him until the spurs away game, even though he had scored a couple of goals.
  • Options
    Oh to find another Hunt or Kermorgant type! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only 45 minutes and he is probably not fully fit yet so anyone writing him off is stupid.

His performance reminded me way too much of Stockley from last season though, even getting the same excuses made by fans about lack of service, a service that magically materialises when Leaburn is on the pitch. 
  • Options
    Have no idea why Man City signed him.
    Only so he could be loaned to us. :)

• Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Only 45 minutes and he is probably not fully fit yet so anyone writing him off is stupid.

His performance reminded me way too much of Stockley from last season though, even getting the same excuses made by fans about lack of service, a service that magically materialises when Leaburn is on the pitch. 
    To be fair, Leaburn was at least partly providing that service and went off. And Watson II was also taken off having looked quite useful from a passing/service perspective so Tedic really DIDN'T get as good service in this particular instance.

I'm not saying he's going to be a game changer or anything but the whole team was pretty poor so he deserves a bit more time IMO.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    thenewbie said:
    ValleyBen said:

To be fair, Leaburn was at least partly providing that service and went off. And Watson II was also taken off having looked quite useful from a passing/service perspective so Tedic really DIDN'T get as good service in this particular instance.

I'm not saying he's going to be a game changer or anything but the whole team was pretty poor so he deserves a bit more time IMO.
    Agree.
    He hasn’t gone through the Appleton improvement process yet either.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Have no idea why Man City signed him.
    Have no idea why they would or wouldn’t sign him, based on the evidence of 45 minutes at Crawley. I’m going to wait at one more match* before writing him off as a non hoper. 

* ten more matches really.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    ValleyBen said:

As I said, not writing him off at all, I am sure he will improve, just think the lack of service is an easy excuse as the best strikers create their own service from positioning and movement.

Based on the Crawley game I would have him 4th choice striker behind Kanu currently until he proves himself more. 

I honestly think what club he comes from is irrelevent, as we know the wealthiest clubs snap up young talent by the armful in the hope by accident they get that one in a hundred wonderkid and a bunch of saleable assets to help them with their FFP.

Judge him the same way you would if he was on loan from Rotherham, purely on the ability he shows on the pitch in a Charlton shirt. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Stig said:
    I was there and he made quite a lot of runs in behind that we didn’t look to find and the service to him was poor. But in terms of pressing and winning the ball back I thought he did the bare minimum workload. Maybe that was because of instructions we weren’t looking to close them down like we were in the first half but he certainly wasn’t working hard when we didn’t have the ball. I assumed this was because he wasn’t fit so hopefully he does more of that side of the game in future. 

Hopefully he is good, but I don’t hold out much hope when it was clear we wanted Ladapo, Cosgrove and Etete ahead of him. He was our fourth choice (at best) and there can’t have been much other interest in him if he chose to join a club with no manager 
    🎶 Always look on the bright side of life 🎶
  • Options
    edited September 2023
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    thenewbie said:
    ValleyBen said:

As I said, not writing him off at all, I am sure he will improve, just think the lack of service is an easy excuse as the best strikers create their own service from positioning and movement.

Based on the Crawley game I would have him 4th choice striker behind Kanu currently until he proves himself more. 

I honestly think what club he comes from is irrelevent, as we know the wealthiest clubs snap up young talent by the armful in the hope by accident they get that one in a hundred wonderkid and a bunch of saleable assets to help them with their FFP.

Judge him the same way you would if he was on loan from Rotherham, purely on the ability he shows on the pitch in a Charlton shirt. 
    That's fair.  The only difference I would say is that personally I thought he actually made a couple of good runs and did try to get himself into the right place... but had no one to pick him out when he did it. Its a bit chicken vs egg I grant you and he could still end up being one of those who spends more time looking busy but not actually achieving anything.

But I  think he was brought in specifically to be part of a two and hasn't really had much chance to do that yet.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Was saying something similar on the post match thread. 

Last player I had this feeling about was Josh Parker. Not necessarily because they play the same way or anything, but just because they both have ‘something about them’ without really standing out. 

Could be one of those intelligent players who works well as a second striker. 

Paul Hayes also comes to mind actually.
  • Options
    off to a good start .. brief glimpses show that he could be that much needed 'fox in the box'
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Resurrecting an older thread rather than starting a new one but I think he's actually showing a fair amount of promise/utility so far.

Its a bit weird as nothing about his game seems particularly brilliant. His touch is pretty good but not great, he's certainly not got the same finishing instinct of May or even Leaburn, and he's not outstandingly fast or strong.... but he's ended up winning a penalty and scoring a (admittedly rather scrappy) goal in consecutive games.

I don't think he's going to end up taking a starting role any time soon but he's looking like a decent option off the bench at least. 
    The nicest thing about Saturday was how strong the bench looked bar a better CM option. But with Fraser & Camara to return i'm optimistic 
  • Options
    On the Saturday he was "paraded" on the pitch he ended up sitting 3 rows in front of me in the Lower West.  Was very excited and gesticulating madly to his WAG when we did something silly!  Certainly seemed very passionate!!
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    On the Saturday he was "paraded" on the pitch he ended up sitting 3 rows in front of me in the Lower West.  Was very excited and gesticulating madly to his WAG when we did something silly!  Certainly seemed very passionate!!
    he had his wife and girlfriend there with him ;)
    Sat either side of him!! :) ... progressive these Serbs.