Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slobodan Tedic on loan (p9 - Gone back to Man City)

Comments

• Options
    On paper so far so good, I am surprised he is on City's books though. 

Don't see him dislodging Haaland anytime soon 😂
  • Options
    Also, when you see the replay of his goal, it doesn’t look as scuffed as it first appeared. He seemed to be aiming to drop it in that far corner.
  • Options
    On paper so far so good, I am surprised he is on City's books though. 

Don't see him dislodging Haaland anytime soon 😂

Probably correct - though if we signed Haaland, we would Charltonise him in to Simon Makienok within 3 months.
    He'd strain a ligament in training first Damo, out for 6 months, THEN the Charltonisation can begin in earnest. I agree though we would ruin Haaland.
  • Options
    Yes. His impact from the bench has contributed to 4 points. Keep it going Slobodan.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Yes. His impact from the bench has contributed to 4 points. Keep it going Teddy.
    🙂
  • Options
    Such a weird player Makienok. Sometimes he looked like he was going to be an unplayable monster and sometimes he looked like he didn't believe his feet existed. I remember him being brilliant against Hull, Wednesday and especially Rotherham, absolutely battled all game and left their defenders shellshocked (and made me believe like an idiot that we might stay up that season). I can't think of many players who had so much contrast between their good and bad days
    Sanogo
  • Options
    Such a weird player Makienok. Sometimes he looked like he was going to be an unplayable monster and sometimes he looked like he didn't believe his feet existed. I remember him being brilliant against Hull, Wednesday and especially Rotherham, absolutely battled all game and left their defenders shellshocked (and made me believe like an idiot that we might stay up that season). I can't think of many players who had so much contrast between their good and bad days
    I think his tattooist missed a bit just under his left armpit

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Also, when you see the replay of his goal, it doesn’t look as scuffed as it first appeared. He seemed to be aiming to drop it in that far corner.
    Yeah. That is my take on it, too. He basically menat to do roughly what he did. 

Be interesting to hear what he'd say if asked 
  • Options
    Amdy Faye.

Issue was I think he only had one of the good days.  Looked amazing though.
  • Options
    Amdy Faye.

Issue was I think he only had one of the good days.  Looked amazing though.
    Best player on the pitch in one position in the first half, best player on the pitch in a different position in the second half.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The funny thing with Tedic is that having watched all three performances for us, I’m none the wiser to know what kind of player he actually is. I saw T Watson for 5 minutes and it was immediately clear where his strengths lay. 

He’s done well in his two league games though. Hopefully a very useful squad addition.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sanogo
    Callum Harriott.
  • Options
    When we signed, I thought we had a player and half on our hands, but the injury he picked up at Palermo was pretty bad, and not sure he fully recovered. But you could see there was a player in him.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    The funny thing with Tedic is that having watched all three performances for us, I’m none the wiser to know what kind of player he actually is. I saw T Watson for 5 minutes and it was immediately clear where his strengths lay. 

He’s done well in his two league games though. Hopefully a very useful squad addition.
    I agree and said similar things earlier. Honestly if anything he appears to be a bit of a "jack of all trades" striker wise which is pretty handy for a super sub type.
  • Options
    After the last two games, I'm definitely positive about him, even if as others have said, I'm not quite sure what type of striker he is. 

But he certainly has pedigree. He's got 15 Serbia U21 caps to his name, and at our current level, that's not to be sniffed at.
  • Options
    After the last two games, I'm definitely positive about him, even if as others have said, I'm not quite sure what type of striker he is. 

But he certainly has pedigree. He's got 15 Serbia U21 caps to his name, and at our current level, that's not to be sniffed at.
    He looks to me like an old fashioned Andy Hunt type number 8. If he is anything like that...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure he'll get a chance through the middle soon enough, with injuries and suspensions (e.g. May getting a 5th yellow)
  • Options
    Citeh have looked toothless up top tonight, maybe they need him back!
  • Options
    Sounds like he's at least got the right attitude which is positive. You do need those players who know that they may not be first choice but are still willing to do their best in whatever time they get.
  • Options
    Not sure what to make of his performance. Felt like he was the odd one out because so much of the play was going through Aneke, May & CBT. Yellow card had to be pure frustration.
  • Options
    He did show one piece of unbelievable tekkers. He had the ball with his back to goal so he jumped forward, span 180 and managed to hit a shot that the keeper was forced to hit over a bar. Haven't seen many players pull that off. 
  • Options
    He's a good technical player....something we've been missing for a while.....
  • Options
    A willing trier but not convinced so far.
  • Options
    He’s got a very good football brain in my opinion. Had a superb 2nd half, played a great little ball to the edge of the 6 yard box that no one reacted to