Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Slobodan Tedic on loan (p9 - Gone back to Man City)

Comments

• The worst thing is that we went the best part of 2 months in the summer with Leaburn and Aneke injured and no No 9, suggesting that he had been a long term target, rather than an emergency signing.
  • Would benefit from regular game time, I think he could do with dropping to a club with lower expectations where he’d start regularly. It was clear we signed him to be a squad player.
  • Scoham said:
    Would benefit from regular game time, I think he could do with dropping to a club with lower expectations where he’d start regularly. It was clear we signed him to be a squad player.
    If he's only a squad player with us, how low will he have to go to be a regular?
  • Scoham said:
    Would benefit from regular game time, I think he could do with dropping to a club with lower expectations where he’d start regularly. It was clear we signed him to be a squad player.
    If he's only a squad player with us, how low will he have to go to be a regular?
    A desperate L1 club in a relegation battle?
  • Forced a good save from their keeper and lacked good service.

Was a willing runner but he was outmuscled by their centre half and didn't look anything like a Premier league club player against non-league. Was easily closed down time and time again.

Never imposed himself on the game and for once he was playing it what is meant to be his favourite position.

Tried to give him time but have lost patience.

Along with Abankwah, Camara (partly due to injury) and C Campbell, another loan that hasn't impacted positively on the first team or improved us.

After Penny, Kilkenny etc Andy Scott's loan policy has to be under scrutiny.
    Tedic is the only one of those there is even an argument for keeping after January
    The rest are just soaking up resources for no positive outcomes at all - different reasons possibly for Pan Camara but the rest of them ain't close to mid-table Div3 and need gone.
  • Sitting in a small cold house on the outskirts of some forgotten Serbian village, Tedic gets told he is wanted on the phone. He makes the short walk through the mud and snow over to the local bar where the only phone in the area is located. He picks it up and hears Pep Guardiola saying come to England, Come to Manchester City. He (like many serbs) lets out a very brief bit of happy emotion before hanging up. 
    He says goodbye to his friends and family as he hitch hikes his way to the aerodrome. There he is greeted by representatives of Man City. He boards a private plane and fly's to Manchester airport. He begins his new life in England. 

He writes letters and sends money to his old ma and pa and his siblings. He tells them of players he has trained with, the likes of Silva, De Bruyne and I guess John Stones.
    His family are so proud. In his Village they have a painted a mural of Tedic on the side of village hall. His birthday is celebrated by all as a holiday and the children at the local school when playing football argue over who will be Tedic. 

He could never tell his parents of some of his struggles in England. His loan spell at Barnsley and certainly not his new loan spell at Charlton. The embarrassment might be enough to send Tedic snr over the edge. 

Unfortunately, the bar with the phone also has the villages only TV. The whole village was just about to sit down to watch another thrilling episode of Flog It, when they saw Charlton v Cray Valley on the screen. 
    There was Slobodan in ultra SD in front of their eyes, seeing him so down, knowing his dream to play in England has resulted in this, looking second rate against a team called the paper mills. His dad turned away from the tv in disgust.
    The mural was quickly painted back to the dog from the village who gave birth to 22 puppies and no one ever spoke of young Slobodan in the village ever again. 

Quality Jackanory 👏
  • Scoham said:
    I cant see Cray Valley being in the rush to sign him.
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Forced a good save from their keeper and lacked good service.

Was a willing runner but he was outmuscled by their centre half and didn't look anything like a Premier league club player against non-league. Was easily closed down time and time again.

Never imposed himself on the game and for once he was playing it what is meant to be his favourite position.

Tried to give him time but have lost patience.

Along with Abankwah, Camara (partly due to injury) and C Campbell, another loan that hasn't impacted positively on the first team or improved us.

After Penny, Kilkenny etc Andy Scott's loan policy has to be under scrutiny.
    Tedic is the only one of those there is even an argument for keeping after January
    The rest are just soaking up resources for no positive outcomes at all - different reasons possibly for Pan Camara but the rest of them ain't close to mid-table Div3 and need gone.
    Chem made more of an impact than Tedic yesterday. At least it looked like he cared.
  • Tucudean is actually a fantastic comparison, nice touch in places but that's about it. Just confused as to what Man City saw in Tedic to sign him in the first place , I get they make these type of gamble signings all the time but I don't see anything with him to indicate he'll ever make an impact in this league, let alone a higher level. 
  • I get the impression that he doesn't really want to be here.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    13 thousand a week. 13 thousand great British pounds a week. 

Not that we play it, but it's crazy to me that a player so ordinary can receive that kind of salary. 

It's bonkers.
    He is probably on the lowest wages at Man city other than some 18 year olds who have gone from academy to the first pro contract.
    Not talking about any teenage super star who will be on more obviously.

The Agent in Serbia is a super salesman as 3 lads went to City and Slobadan is the only one left. 
    How can a Man city forward not totally dominate a part time footballer from so down the football Pyramid is a mystery even if he did a good dummy and got one good shot off on goal. 
  • The worst thing is that we went the best part of 2 months in the summer with Leaburn and Aneke injured and no No 9, suggesting that he had been a long term target, rather than an emergency signing.
    I think Ladapo was our main target, but at the last minute Ipswich decided against loaning him out and we panic-signed Tedic.
    I think Ladapo was our main target, but at the last minute Ipswich decided against loaning him out and we panic-signed Tedic.

Assume Wigan's financial woes are all behind them, would love to see Humphries if not.
  • Hal1x said:
    I bet when we phone up City to get them to take him back, they will assume foreign voices and pretend to be a Chinese Takeaway.
    We're cannier than that, we will just put him on a Mega bus and give him a sealed envelope to give to Pep

• 13 thousand a week. 13 thousand great British pounds a week. 

Not that we play it, but it's crazy to me that a player so ordinary can receive that kind of salary. 

It's bonkers.
    He is probably on the lowest wages at Man city other than some 18 year olds who have gone from academy to the first pro contract.
    Not talking about any teenage super star who will be on more obviously.

The Agent in Serbia is a super salesman as 3 lads went to City and Slobadan is the only one left. 
    How can a Man city forward not totally dominate a part time footballer from so down the football Pyramid is a mystery even if he did a good dummy and got one good shot off on goal. 
    I'm still not sure how on earth he ended up at City. It's not like he was prolific as a youngster.

8 goals in 57 games before City signed him and his record for various Serbian national youth teams is 2 goals in 24.
  • He was actually pretty decent in the first half when he came on. The miss in the 2nd half was a shocker though!
  • He was actually pretty decent in the first half when he came on. The miss in the 2nd half was a shocker though!

Agree:
    After great work by CBT with the cross, May was robbed of an assist after Tedic's miss. 
    A striker is judged on his goal returns and his assists. He has to step up to the plate now or else I would rather see Kanu or Casey until the window opens in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Oh to find another Hunt or Kermorgant type! 
    Put this to Andy Scott at the Bromley meeting.
    Maybe we can return Tedic back to City for a fee.😀
  • Definitely too early to confirm. This was one of the few times he's been able to play in his natural position for us. I thought he was quite dangerous but definitely looks like the type of striker who will get around 10 goals over the course of a season rather than a 20+ like May
  • follett said:
    Definitely too early to confirm. This was one of the few times he's been able to play in his natural position for us. I thought he was quite dangerous but definitely looks like the type of striker who will get around 10 goals over the course of a season rather than a 20+ like May
    One good shot
    The rest was terrible

• totally not match fit play him v Gillingham to see how he starts, if he is shit get him off.
  • He done all right when he came done more then Leaburn had and worked the defenders .. needs to play and think we will see a decent player .. Man City scouts or Charlton fans I know who I trust to be right 
  • edited November 2023
    He done all right when he came done more then Leaburn had and worked the defenders .. needs to play and think we will see a decent player .. Man City scouts or Charlton fans I know who I trust to be right 
    Leaburn won the first penalty. Had he got as many chances as Tedic he’d have probably scored at least one of them.

Clubs like Man City sign loads of players like Tedic based on their potential. No guarantee they reach it. I think he’d improve with game time but Leaburn has shown more than Tedic did with us or Barnsley last season.
  • edited January 5
    As Bing used to sing 🎵 Thanks for the memories 🎵