Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slobodan Tedic on loan (p9 - Gone back to Man City)

Comments

• Options
    Good potential.
    I'd prefer it if he stopped throwing himself to the ground and then lie there for a minute while his team mates cover for him. 

• Options
    Tedic Struggled 1st half out wide and trod on Chuks toes when giving him support in the middle. 

In the Second half he was so much more effective when you can see he is a good technical player. He did his best work when he moves inside which you would expect from a forward who is at his best in a central position. 

Amazing to think how many striker/ Forwards we have available at the moment.
    Long may it last as any game time out of Aneke is a bonus.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    A willing trier but not convinced so far.
    Bit harsh that. Think he's certainly got enough about him in terms of technique that he shouldn't be assigned into the Parker/Washington category, where its pure effort over quality.

The main problem he's got at the moment is that we've somehow contrived to end up with three big lads who can play a bit all vying for the same role and he doesn't have the finishing and footwork of Leaburn or the pure physical power of prime Aneke.

He's decent but doesn't stand out in the same way they do.
  • Options
    A massive shame we weren't able to get him a month earlier, when we had both Chuks and Miles out injured.
    Seems odd that Man City waited until deadline day to loan him out. Clearly wasn't going to play any part for them
  • Options
    I like him (so far). Makes good runs, works hard, team player, has some ability too. He may not be as good as the other three strikers but as fourth choice he's just fine. 
  • Options
    I like him - been unlucky a few times

• Options
    Barely noticed him in the first 45 last night but he stepped up in the second 45. Some moments of real quality and seems to have a good attitude.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    What I like about Tedic is that he loves to move inside when we have possession, making a lot of runs and leaving room for the overlapping wingback Watson or Asiimwe. He knows where the goal is too. Of course he is not the finished product, a lot to learn and work on.

But his tracking back and workrate are very good. If he can learn to understand how to press in that position, he will go on to play a lot of games for us this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminds me of George Tucudean (who I actually quite liked, funnily enough).
    That's exactly who I thought of, although I couldn't actually remember his name.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    Not totally convinced so far, jury out for me. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Reminds me of George Tucudean (who I actually quite liked, funnily enough).
    That's exactly who I thought of, although I couldn't actually remember his name.

Similar build and movement to Tucudean.
    What I hope is different, is Slobadan is on the same wavelength as his team mates as Igor Vetokele told me he found it difficult to play alongside George as he couldn't read his flicks and movement.

Tucudean had his moments and was more consistent when he left Cafc.
  • Options
    Lack of any pace will be his undoing, will be hard for him to hold down his place with the front players we have, however I hope he proves me totally wrong. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He did show one piece of unbelievable tekkers. He had the ball with his back to goal so he jumped forward, span 180 and managed to hit a shot that the keeper was forced to hit over a bar. Haven't seen many players pull that off. 
    I remember Flanagan trying that once, though obviously failed to emulate last nights effort because  he chipped the goalkeeper and it went into the net 
  • Options
    A massive shame we weren't able to get him a month earlier, when we had both Chuks and Miles out injured.
    Seems odd that Man City waited until deadline day to loan him out. Clearly wasn't going to play any part for them
    Were they or he waiting for a better club to come in for him? That's the only logical explanation.
  • Options
    Technically looks good - his first touch is superb.

Definitely not a wide man - we now have the luxury of 4 strikers to rotate in him, May, Chuks and Miles - when all fit they should be fresh without the need to burden any one too much (expect May to play most games though).

Hopefully he gets a game up top in the stupid cup next week
  • Options

Definitely not a wide man - we now have the luxury of 4 strikers to rotate in him, May, Chuks and Miles - when all fit they should be fresh without the need to burden any one too much (expect May to play most games though).

To me, he looks like ‘technically’ he could be a great player on the training pitch. More actual game time is what he needs but looked like a passenger at times last night and great/good goal scorers go looking for the ball and chances when they are not handed to them on a plate 
  • Options
    Probably down to him. He was definitely not our first choice, but he probably wanted to wait till the end of the window to see if he could get a club like us if we missed out on other targets (Cosgrove and Etete), rather than a smaller league 1 club 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently they wanted him to go to a Champ club but there were no takers.
  • Options

Five with Kanu who has looked like a better player this season and scored a few.
  • Options
    He is a non entity.  Got some nice control and works a bit but completely ineffectual.  It was obvious from his first game.  This year's loan signings (except Watson) have been dreadful and that is 4 players in a squad of 22, so close to 20%.  Not good enough.  Quality loanees can make such a huge difference (Gallagher, Cullen etc).
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    It was good awareness to play the dummy for Fraser's goal. But didn't do anything else other than that. Seemed to have no support with wingers playing very wide and no plan of playing off of him. 
  • Options
    Seems to have good awareness and touch but something is missing. 
  • Options
    Hard to judge on last night when everything around him was rubbish. Seems to have some moments of quality but then disappear, I guess that’s why he’s on loan in L1 though 
  • Options
    He reminds of of Hemed in the Championship season, or to an extent Țucudean a few years earlier. 

Not very effective. The service wasn't great, but the Cray defenders coped with him ridiculously easily.