Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slobodan Tedic on loan (p9 - Gone back to Man City)

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Lol, turned up in camo gear, ready for the battle. 

That wont feed into Leuth's narrative at all!
    Where's the cough n drop (for the ladeez)?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ladapo, Cosgrove, Etete, Tedic.

We had irons in the fire for all of them, whoever was first choice etc. is a bit of a moot point, at least we we active for once. 

We also had offers at some point for Smith and Nombe, and showed interest in Clarke-Harris.

Smith we only missed out on because his first club Reading came in at the 11th hour, recently had an embargo lifted and were doing all they could to sign him before we finalised it. 

Nombe we went in with an offer we thought he was worth and got knocked back with a number we decided was too high. He then moved on to a championship team anyway.

Clarke-Harris similarly we had a number in mind and at the start of the window the number touted was too high, combined with his wages. He also doesn't fit in with the no dickheads rule Holden set out, by the time we sacked Holden it was late in the day and we had moved on.

Etete wasn't allowed to leave as Cardiff didn't get a replacement

Cosgrove chose to go to Barnsley, only 50 miles away from his hometown Beverley, so can see the appeal for him. 

Ladapo also wasn't allowed to leave Ipswich as they need the depth. 

Oh and don't forget we actually bought a 20 goal a season striker in Alfie May anyway. 

I think overall, whilst he might not have been first choice, he's not a panic option, and his height and hold up play should compliment the rest of the side 
    Good post. My only issue with any of that is that we could also have gone in for Clarke-Harris were we serious about promotion as his price had dropped yesterday to 800k. 
    But the price dropped at the 11th hour, how would you feel if we dropped Tedic, went all in for JCH and ended up with no one?

• Options
    Serbs are usually tough, skilful, determined, often bloody minded and like to give it a right good go (see Djokovic) .. I really hope that Slobodan can put some life into our timid squad and score us a few goals .. all in all the squad has undergone a major overhaul this window, I hope that Slobodan proves to be the best of the lot .. as a Man City player, he's gotta have a lot of talent and potential .. welcome to the Valley 
  • Options
    Andy Scott greeted him like he was an old mate.
  • Options
    I noticed that, and the comments about the "longest journey ever" then maybe this is one that's been on the cards for a long time
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I noticed that, and the comments about the "longest journey ever" then maybe this is one that's been on the cards for a long time
    It sounded like he said 7 hours.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It sounded like he said 7 hours.
    Yeah he did and the mention of stretching his legs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice, polite lad looking at how he greeted our Trace after what seems about 10 hours in the car.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Literally mentioned the traffic 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ladapo, Cosgrove, Etete, Tedic.

We had irons in the fire for all of them, whoever was first choice etc. is a bit of a moot point, at least we we active for once. 

We also had offers at some point for Smith and Nombe, and showed interest in Clarke-Harris.

Smith we only missed out on because his first club Reading came in at the 11th hour, recently had an embargo lifted and were doing all they could to sign him before we finalised it. 

Nombe we went in with an offer we thought he was worth and got knocked back with a number we decided was too high. He then moved on to a championship team anyway.

Clarke-Harris similarly we had a number in mind and at the start of the window the number touted was too high, combined with his wages. He also doesn't fit in with the no dickheads rule Holden set out, by the time we sacked Holden it was late in the day and we had moved on.

Etete wasn't allowed to leave as Cardiff didn't get a replacement

Cosgrove chose to go to Barnsley, only 50 miles away from his hometown Beverley, so can see the appeal for him. 

Ladapo also wasn't allowed to leave Ipswich as they need the depth. 

Oh and don't forget we actually bought a 20 goal a season striker in Alfie May anyway. 

I think overall, whilst he might not have been first choice, he's not a panic option, and his height and hold up play should compliment the rest of the side 
    In other words, we couldn't attract anyone but Tedic on loan. Offering low-ball fees with no negotiation strategy is just willy-waggling and internal PR. So pleased we didn't get Cosgrove. He was never going to be the answer.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Calling your kid Slobodan in 2000 is a bit like a German calling their kid Adolf in 1946. Kind of dig the chutzpah. Hopefully more goals than war crimes 
    Bit late to the party but ironically, Slobodan means free or freedom. 
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Loving the intensive CAFC medical there! Turn up, do a couple of stretches, hop up and down for a bit, then sign on the dotted line 🤣😂 
    I am so unfit but could pass that. The only bit I would not be at all up for doing (and would therefore fail my medical) is the weight between the knees and squeeze out a poo routine. Tedic really went for it and obviously succeeded, so good luck to the open mindedness and effort! 💩 👏✍️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moved from standing to sitting in the home end for second half and saw a fair bit of Tedic down the left hand side. Looks strong in the upper body, but will get his fair share of bookings for hands on and pulls on the oppo defenders etc. Difficult to judge otherwise, due to lack of service, but hope he comes good. 
  • Options
    I thought he looked less good in the air than Leaburn, and also less mobile. Leaburn scared the Crawley defenders, whereas they coped with Tedic much easier.
  • Options
    I thought he looked less good in the air than Leaburn, and also less mobile. Leaburn scared the Crawley defenders, whereas they coped with Tedic much easier.
    Love it .  Leaburn ,one of our own.

Tedic.  Return to sender.
  • Options
    Scored his first towering header, I mean
  • Options
    I thought he looked like our Plan D striker signing, which is what he is. Hopefully he isn’t fit because he didn’t look good 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    NabySarr said:
    I thought he looked like our Plan D striker signing, which is what he is. Hopefully he isn’t fit because he didn’t look good 
    Based on what we saw at Crawley? He had one, possibly two passes to his feet, and a few aimless long balls to deal with, one of when he laid off quite neatly with his chest. 
    Writing him off based on that evidence seems a little harsh. He certainly worked hard, and may yet turn out to be a decent signing. 
  • Options
    Have no idea why Man City signed him.