Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    At least we stand a chance of staying up ..be interesting to see if the management already have a plan B ( I hope so ) .
  • Options
    edited January 24
    He had to go, it was clear a few games ago! However now he's gone we need to move on, rapidly!
    We need a man manager, who is a good coach that instlls pride in the shirt and, more importantly, themselves. We do have the players to get us to safety, but we need a manager who has been there and done it at this or Championship level. So for me it's between Jones, Duff, or even Warnock. If it's either of the first 2 I'd ask AC to oversee as an experienced 'old head'. As for Scott he has to get this right or he should also fall on his sword/sacked. 
    Next few days are crucial in the future of our once great club....the clock is ticking!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Finally.. makes more embarrassing they allowed him to take this game.. Monday’s press conference was all smoke and mirrors I think.. he was going whatever the result was!
    You should know. What do your chums say ?
    As I said, it’s all bit confusing and a mess.. got told that Wednesday he will go whatever the result.. wasn’t expecting it straight after the game
    Take it you will have asked why he got given the game?
  • Options
    Glad he has now been sacked, but should have gone after the Burton game, at least give someone a free hit for last night`s game, with Exeter and Reading winning last night, we are being dragged into a relegation battle, that is the reality, we have some tough games coming up, Blackpool and Bolton away, Derby and Portsmouth at home, with Reading away, and Lincoln at home in between.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    boggzy said:
    Mental night, never seen a team clearly turn on the manager before even going down the tunnel before, never thought I’d celebrate a sacking in the oak either. 
    What happened exactly at the end?
    A number of the senior pros including dobbo just stood in the D chatting. 
    They weren’t rushing down the tunnel, so something was obviously up 
    The only explanation is they knew what was coming, so did Appleton, so begs the question why was he even in charge for the game?
    He was clearly told he had to win it to keep his job and that is why we were still trying to win it after the sending off.
    How does that explain all the other last minute goals we have conceded under that half wit.

Good riddance
  • Options
    Ghana has sacked Chris Hughton after an early exit from the Africa Cup of Nations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No lists on betting sites for next manager? Only person ive seen mentioned is Nathan Jones. 
  • Options
    Ghana has sacked Chris Hughton after an early exit from the Africa Cup of Nations.
    No thanks, he's terrible too
  • Options

Yeah not for me. By all accounts a great guy from speaking to Brighton fans but managerially his time has gone. 
  • Options
    How on earth was he given that game in charge, shows a weak SMT.
  • Options
    No lists on betting sites for next manager? Only person ive seen mentioned is Nathan Jones. 
    I had a look earlier but nothing up yet. Also tried to find relegation odds but couldn’t find them, I wanted to get some insurance in case we do go down.
  • Options
    Did they lose comfortably? Say 4-0.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah not for me. By all accounts a great guy from speaking to Brighton fans but managerially his time has gone. 
    Yeah seems a lovely bloke
  • Options
    May be now we have finally put to bed that god awful Appleton meme that people have been sticking up every 6 months for the last 15 years.
    I blame you lot for his appointment in the first place, someone in the SMT obviously thought he was a fans favourite,.
    The most uninspiring choice of manager since the last one 5 or 6 months ago.
    My suggestion to AFKA is anybody puts it up again, they get a ban.
    What this one? 😏

Yes, you should ban yourself AFKA and anyone else who repeats the words:
    "Nathan Jones has been gone too long"
    50 times and counting !

Oh blimey, that's me banned as well 🤦🏻‍♂️
    A ban is not a deterrent, break some fingers. 
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Ok, I've deleted it!!...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Who is it that decides the actual sacking?
    Think you will find it was decided before the game.
    Yeah could well be, but decided by the billionaires? Fans advisor? Rodwell? The players?
    Somebody presumably has the power to decide, Appleton said he never walks away from a challenge so who pushed him?
    Surely it must have been Andy Scott's recommendation explained to and discussed with the rest of the SMT before receiving final approval from Rodwell.
    Sounds nice and corporate and procedural and organised when put like that. The whole board of shareholders discussed things then put it to a vote, and the majority shareholding decided to sack Appleton within half an hour.
    Doesn’t sound credible to me.

Sorry, I should have added that I think this is what SHOULD have taken place.
    If it did then it must have have taken place on Monday or Tuesday before the game took place.
    I have no idea why they would then decide to leave the execution of the decision until after the Northampton game and give MA one more game in charge.
    I agree it couldn't have taken place after the game.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    boggzy said:
    Mental night, never seen a team clearly turn on the manager before even going down the tunnel before, never thought I’d celebrate a sacking in the oak either. 
    What happened exactly at the end?
    A number of the senior pros including dobbo just stood in the D chatting. 
    They weren’t rushing down the tunnel, so something was obviously up 
    The only explanation is they knew what was coming, so did Appleton, so begs the question why was he even in charge for the game?
    He was clearly told he had to win it to keep his job and that is why we were still trying to win it after the sending off.
    How do you know, you were at the theatre weren’t you? I don’t think their keeper made a save all game, I’d argue we didn’t try nowhere near enough to try and win it.
    Not quite right as he made a fantastic save towards the end with his left hand from a fierce shot.
  • Options
    A friend of mine who works in football has suggested Gary Rowett.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

We don't need a lovely bloke. We need a hard-nosed bastard that can keep us in League One and then build a side for a possible promotion push next year
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    MarcusH26 said:

We don't need a lovely bloke. We need a hard-nosed bastard that can keep us in League One and then build a side for a possible promotion push next year
    I know, I don't want him!