Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    397-4 off 50

It will be a good chase if NZ do it!!! They are currently 25/1 to do so. 
    They got close chasing similar v Australia, but this is a different level of bowling attack.
    They probably won't get near it but at least they have some clarity in terms of having to go for it from the off and virtually throughout. The 250-280 targets can lead to muddled thinking. 
  • Options
    Shami's strike rate in this WC is absolutely incredible - a wicket every 12 balls. His tally of 17 wickets at exactly 9 runs is extraordinary too. 
  • Options
    Yet another to Shami. To think India left him out of four matches. 
  • Options
    161-2 off 25

237 required from the second half of the innings
  • Options
    Oh dear! Shami drops a sitter!

188-2 off 29. India were 203-1 at the same stage. Exactly 10 an over off the final 21 overs required.  
  • Options
    When i saw the score posted by India I thought NZ ain't got a chance especially when they went down to 39 for 2. Still going to be tough for them to reach that score but there's still hope.
    210 from 21 overs needed. Can't see it happening but it's not impossible. 
  • Options
    Not heard the Indian crowd this quiet all tournament...
  • Options
    Baber Azam quits as Captain of Pakistan. Great player with a very good Pakistan side but ultimately didn't get the wins they should of got. That 3 nil loss to us and not making the semis in this tournament is the last straw. Wonder who will replace him. 

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I think if I had backed some of the £441K matched at 1.01 on Betfair on India winning this game I might be a tad worried at the moment. As it happens, I had a bit at 60 on NZ, one because should NZ pull off the impossible it will mean that I have an "all green" book on the outright winner's market. Two wickets soon after drinks break will soon change all that though!
  • Options
    And then Jadeja rags one to Williamson!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I think if I had backed some of the £441K matched at 1.01 on Betfair on India winning this game I might be a tad worried at the moment. As it happens, I had a bit at 60 on NZ, one because should NZ pull off the impossible it will mean that I have an "all green" book on the outright winner's market. Two wickets soon after drinks break will soon change all that though!
    Shami does exactly that, getting Williamson and Latham in the same over. Shami now has 4-27 and 20-180 in this WC in what is only his 6th match.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Excellent bowler. Bit of an old school fielder, but India still seem to have a few of them!
  • Options
    132 off 10
  • Options
    Siraj's over costs 20.

286-4 off 41. India, at the same stage, were 292-1.
  • Options
    Just the two runs off Kuldeep's penultimate over

110 off 8

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Phillips caught at long off by Jadeja to a slower ball from Bumrah
  • Options
    103 off 7
  • Options
    Another catch to Jadeja, this time off the bowling of Kuldeep. Last chance saloon for NZ with Santner coming in. 
  • Options
    Mitchell goes for a fine 134 (119). Game over but it gives Shami yet another 5 wicket haul.
  • Options
    Shami gets his 6th wicket. He is now the joint top wicket taker with 22 in this WC and has played three games less than the other bowler to do that, Zampa. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Make that 7 for Shami!!!

India win by 70 runs
  • Options
    Shami in this WC:

Games: 6
    Wickets: 23
    Runs conceded: 210
    Runs per wicket: 9.13
    Strike rate: 10.91
    Economy rate: 5.01
  • Options
    That's just greedy. Shami kebabed the Kiwi batsmen today.
  • Options
    That's just greedy. Shami kebabed the Kiwi batsmen today.
    12 wickets in this WC against NZ
  • Options
    Kane Williamson is such a classy bloke
  • Options
    I think the game was gone the moment he got out. The others with Mitchell didn't really seem to have any belief. If Williamson had stayed in another 8-9 overs it might have been different.
  • Options
    Dear me, how dim or ignorant is Michael Vaughan (still). Just said on live radio that Kohli had to lick Tendulkar's feet when he entered the team.

He was pranked into touching his feet ffs, as all the interviews and articles state.
  • Options
    Agreed , poor bloke he has had a bit of practice over the past few years. 
  • Options
    Oh dear ……… Rohit says the pitch "looks on the slower side". Williamson confirms it's a "used surface". A reminder that the pre-WC agreement was the Mumbai semi would be on a fresh pitch, and that the late change took place behind the back of ICC pitch consultant Andy Atkinson.
  • Options
    Sorry if it's been mentioned:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/67401054

You'd imagine Gareth Morgan may have been buzzing after this.