Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Bumrah has Smith LBW for 4 (9)

47-3 off 7
  • Options
    Loving Warner & Smith walking 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Absolutely mental not to review that.
  • Options
    Absolutely mental not to review that.
    Hilarious though 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Rahul's sloppy keeping is costing India some, potentially, very important runs
  • Options
    60-3 off 10. India were 80-2 at the same stage.
  • Options
    Rahul's sloppy keeping is costing India some, potentially, very important runs
    Yes needs to stop those loose runs. Been impressive all tournament especially using DRS.
  • Options
    Just seen this re the Indian innings. 

India had four fours and seven twos in the last 40 overs, the rest were singles and dot balls.
  • Options
    104-3 off 20. India were 115-3

137 needed off 30
  • Options
    That will India's undoing here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Batting has, undoubtedly, got easier now but credit to Head and Labuschagne who have held things together and taken the game away from India

167-3 off 30. Just 74 needed off 20 overs.
  • Options
    Head has arguably been the best Aus player in this tournament & if they win today he is definitely MOM. A wonderful catch & great innings. 
  • Options
    Head has arguably been the best Aus player in this tournament & if they win today he is definitely MOM. A wonderful catch & great innings. 
    Head gets his 100 off 95 balls

Think we are seeing why Australia were so keen to wait for him and not bring in a replacement
  • Options
    India not picking Ravi Ashwin in a final and running into a Travis Head ton? Only been a few months since that last happened
  • Options
    192-3 off 35

49 off 15 overs required
  • Options
    Australia have been better in each department. Conditions have assisted them, but they have tournament nous.
  • Options
    Don’t like either side but the Indian tears will be joyous 
  • Options
    Totally agree. Gavaskar has said 3 times now that India have been beaten by the conditions. Totally not true and totally ungracious.
  • Options
    I've said it for years. 
    Aus are akin to Germany at football. 
    Nerves of steel, never give up & will fight to the bitter end.

I thought they may have been heading home after a few games and yet they come through and win. Thoroughly deserved, great cricket & great guts. 
  • Options
    Also, dreadful captaincy in the field. Defending 240 and gifting singles left right and centre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You won't hear the Aussies complaining about fatigue or having had to play in an Ashes series before this WC despite the face that eight of this side were fixtures in both.
  • Options
    Indian cricket fans are amongst the most arrogant of any sport in the world so them getting pumped in their own home world cup final is beautiful 
    I so whole heartedly agree I've thoroughly enjoyed the Aussies dominance. 
    Such joy to stick it to them and Kohli. 
    It's extremely rare if ever I've wanted Australia to win a game of cricket. 
  • Options
    This crowd are reminding me of Morrisey  :D
  • Options
    Head out for 137 (120) with just 2 needed to win. If ever it was appropriate for a player to get out in such circumstances this was it.

• Options
    Australia win by 6 wickets with 7 overs to spare
  • Options
    Looking at some comments here, looks like I’m not alone in finding an Aussie win FAR more preferable to an Indian win.

Love India and Indian people in general, but Indian cricketers, pundits and fans are utterly obnoxious. Aussies can at least have a laugh.

Indian commentators already making excuses. Pricks.
  • Options
    Let's also not forget, as Ponting is intimating, the Indians had a wicket prepared to suit their bowling attack. Losing the toss, in this instance, meant that the odds went against them given how much easier it was to bat in the final couple of hours. 
  • Options
    For what it's worth (and it really is worth absolutely nothing) below is my Team of the Tournament. No doubt that there will be arguments about some of the selections but many pick themselves by weight of runs and/or wickets or simply because of their match winning performances. There also, of course, has to be a balance to the side but the only one that really caused me a headache was a toss up between Jansen and Coetzee - I opted for the better batsman and new ball bowler in the end:

Rohit (India)
    De Kock (SA)
    Ravindra (NZ)
    Kohli (India)
    Head (Australia)
    Maxwell (Australia)
    Jansen (SA)
    Jadeja (India)
    Shami (India)
    Zampa (Australia)
    Bumrah (India)