Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardinal Sin RIP - funeral details p8

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news.  RIP.
  • Options
    A very brave man. Saw him walking past The Oak a while back and got him over for a beer. He was always very open about his illness and faced it head on.

RIP Dave
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP Dave
  • Options
    Great bloke. Knew him well from away games in the old days. Kind and generous bloke. RIP Dave.
  • Options
    I never met him, but knew of him from this site, I didn't know he was behind Drinking During the Game blog.
    I'm so very sorry to read this very sad news, this disease has taken yet another good Addick. My thoughts, prayers and condolences to his family, friends and those of you on CL who knew him personally. RIP Sir xx

• Options
    RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave. I used to enjoy reading his blogs and know he was well respected. Thoughts with his family and friends.
  • Options
    First got to meet Dave in the 80’s with a group of us that used to go to the away games
    He was a Big Man with a Big Heart
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    Knew he was ill but this is still a shock.

Lovely guy and a committed Addick for years.

RIP
  • Options
    I enjoyed his blog Drinking During The Game very much and as such I will miss his contributions to the Charlton universe.  Deepest condolences to his friends and family. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    RIP Dave. I only knew him through Drinking During the Game, but reading through the posts by his many friends on here goes to show what a wonderful man he was - seems as if everyone he touched thought him a great guy. Thoughts with his family did many friends.
  • Options
    RIP Dave. 
  • Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited November 2023
    I didn’t have a clue that Dave was ill. Like so many, truly devastated by this news.

Dave was one of the good guys. 

RIP big man
  • Options
    RIP Dave. I enjoyed reading the blog, thoughts with family and friends at this sad time!
  • Options
    Awful news, RIP Dave.
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP fellow Addick.
  • Options
    Sad news, RIP Dave 

condolences to all his friends and family 
  • Options
    I’ve just been reading Drinking During the Game.  Very punchy and well written.  Wish I’d found it earlier.

Rest in Peace Dave
  • Options
    Thoughts and best wishes to Dave's family and friends at this very sad time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Big man.

A true gent, 
  • Options
    Sent him a message last month. Very very sad to read this earlier this morning.

A really upstanding man with a very sound moral
    compass.

Remember driving through the City seeing him working, stopped and had a woe is us Charlton chat....

A gentleman and will be missed.
  • Options
    So sad, even more so given how young Dave was taken. Condolences to his family and friends for the loss of someone who was, from learning from those that knew him, so clearly well liked and loved.

RIP Dave
  • Options
    RIP Dave. Condolences to family and friends. 
  • Options
    RIP Dave. 
  • Options
    RIP Dave. Sad news. 
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear your bad news @Church Lane.  

Sincerest sympathy to his Wife and young family at this dreadful time.    

• Options
    I had the pleasure of meeting Dave on one of the rare occasions that @Chicagoaddick and myself were back in the UK at the same time. Came across as a really decent guy and I was a regular blog reader both before and after that, though I hadnt realised he was also Cardinal Sin.

RIP Dave. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Thoughts with his family and friends.