Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardinal Sin RIP - funeral details p8

Comments

• Options
    RIP another goes up to the valley in the sky god bless. x 
  • Options
    This is so sad. Great poster on here and obviously a great bloke in real life. RIP
  • Options
    Nailed it Ian
  • Options
    RIP Dave. Will miss your posts.
  • Options
    Horrendous news. 

One of the good guys. 

RIP Dave.
  • Options
    Didn't know Dave apart from his posts on here but obviously loved & respected.
    Condolences to family & friends

RIP Cardinal
  • Options
    RIP Dave, I never had the pleasure of being in your company, but the love shown by those who knew you speaks volumes about the man you were.
  • Options
    Genuinely really saddened by this news. Never knew or met Dave but always enjoyed reading his posts and to read through the stories on here all saying how much he was loved, respected and gave to others shows the measure of the man. Rest in peace, Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave. We didn't know each other but I enjoyed your posts on here and often read your blog.  it's aways sad when one of our own passes. Condolences to your family and friends.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Recognise the face but didn’t know him.

The messages above speak absolute volumes about the man, who appeared to leave an almighty impression where ever and on whoever he met.

One of those people who you wish had been part of your own life.

RIP.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    RIP Cardinal Sin and condolences to his family .
    I’m sure I must have known him to see going by what others are saying ,if considered appropriate would it be possible to see a picture of him.

Big Dave, rear right of the Taxi. 

Also, rear right in a Belgian bar

I’ve never seen that photo us from the bar mate. Thank you for sharing. 

So sad. 
  • Options
    RIP 🙏🏻
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Awful news.

RIP
  • Options
    Just going by the comments, Charlton have lost a respected man. 
    RIP 

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    RIP Cardinal Sin and condolences to his family .
    I’m sure I must have known him to see going by what others are saying ,if considered appropriate would it be possible to see a picture of him.

Big Dave, rear right of the Taxi. 

Also, rear right in a Belgian bar

I’ve never seen that photo us from the bar mate. Thank you for sharing. 

So sad. 
    Ah yes recognise the face, certainly saw him about but don't think we ever spoke.
  • Options
    Gutted by this, didn't know he was ill. RIP mate.
  • Options
    RIP Cardinal and condolences to family and friends 
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Just gutted by this, Dave was such a great bloke, and fought this awful illness so bravely and for so long. 

He was one of Charltons best, and his loss will take some time to process. I will miss our Thameside walks mudlarking and moaning about Charlton and The Valley won't be quite the same without him. 
    I realised earlier that the last proper chat I had with him was when we stood with him on the Eurostar on the way back from Normandy last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately I never had the privilege of meeting Dave, but truly felt like I had regularly reading and thoroughly enjoying  his absolutely superb Drinking During the Game blog. Sorely missed. God Bless. RIP. And sincere Condolences to his Family and Friends on their loss.
  • Options
    Sad news.

RIP.
  • Options
    I met him on the trips and never realised he did Drinking during the game as well. RIP big man. Judging from the tributes a well loved man. 
    Condolences to all who were touched by his life. 
  • Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    The fulsome praise tells you everything. RIP Dave, and condolences to his family and, obviously, many friends
  • Options
    RIP Dave and sincere thoughts to his wife and family.
  • Options
    Sincere condolences to his family & friends RIP
  • Options

RIP Dave