Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardinal Sin RIP - funeral details p8

Comments

• Options
    Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, lovely bloke. RIP Dave. 
  • Options
    RIP fellow Addick
  • Options
    RIP  Dave. Have followed his blog for years  he will be sadly missed
  • Options
    RIP Dave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is Dave’s wife.  I just need to say how overwhelmed we are by all the lovely comments about him.  I met him 23 years ago at the gym that used to be at The Valley, I had a season ticket in the North stand at the time and prior to that I was a steward there. He had bowel cancer for 5 years but still lived life to the absolute fullest when he was well enough.  He never complained or said ‘why me’.  He was a great husband, father and friend to everyone. We’re devastated and feeling lost without him 💔
    Nic, when I spoke to him about his diagnosis, he was never ever sorry for himself...I will try to say this as  close as he said it to me. "Paul, when I was diagnosed, I could afford to retire. When I have my chemo, it absolutely wipes me out, but there are people that after having chemo, they put their workwear on and go back to work, I am in absolute awe of them because I couldn't do it. There are kids having chemo, at least I've got to the age I am. Don't get me wrong Paul, I don't want to die but it could be worse.

Nic, he was a truly top top bloke, I have so many memories about Dave, some of my favourite life memories are with him.

Going to watch Charlton...for me...will never ever be quite the same again. X
    Fantastic attitude to have in a horrible situation RIP Dave, never knew him personally but when I saw some of the pictures in this thread I knew who he was.
  • Options
    RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    RIP Dave such sad news 
  • Options
    RIP Dave. Cheer us on from above. God love you. X
  • Options
    Lovely words @SE7toSG3
  • Options
    Brilliant Clive
  • Options
    Very nice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would like a copy of that program as a keepsake.
    Do I simply go to the club shop in order to purchase?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Didn't say anything yet here but I do feel like I've met the guy even though I possibly haven't. RIP. That's a lovely tribute indeed 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Would like a copy of that program as a keepsake.
    Do I simply go to the club shop in order to purchase?
    Thanks.
    @ROTW

Yes, they should but not sure how long they hold old stock.

I think they sell on line too.

I also have a PDF version but suspect you'll want a hard copy.
  • Options
    Didn't know Dave personally though his face looks familiar, clearly a man many respected. RIP Dave, thoughts to his wife and family. 
  • Options
    Familiar face but don’t think we ever met, RIP Dave.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Didn't know Dave personally, but now after reading all the posts and memories people who did have, I have learnt a lot about the guy, clearly loved by a lot of people, and has left his own mark on The Club, may you rest in peace Dave, and my best condolences to his family and loved ones...RIP
  • Options
    Been reliably informed that the funeral will take place at Christ Church (Greenwich) on Friday 15th December at 1:30PM.
    Rather than any flowers, Dave would have preferred donations to Greenwich & Bexley hospice.
    Either by their website, or collection boxes on the day.