Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardinal Sin RIP - funeral details p8

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the update @R0TW
  • Options
    Never met Dave but already missing his superb blogs after games. 

RIP
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    Been reliably informed that the funeral will take place at Christ Church (Greenwich) on Friday 15th December at 1:30PM.
    Rather than any flowers, Dave would have preferred donations to Greenwich & Bexley hospice.
    Either by their website, or collection boxes on the day.
    Bump
  • Options
    That’s lovely. 
  • Options
    Fantastic idea 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

We have about £200 in the old protest fund account which some was leftover from the last shirt sponsorship and some is interest as there is another amount of money in there from another Charlton project. I did check I could have the interest… So in Dave’s memory we are going to donate the £200 to the Charlton Riding School for the Disabled. Some of you remember we donated to them before at Dave’s suggestion as it’s a local charity close to his heart. 

I checked with Dave’s wife yesterday, as I know the family have asked for donations to the hospice, but she is happy with that as she did consider them to.

Love it mate. My daughter went to the Arrow School in Dartford for years and got to a bloody good standard. They do great work these places and the difference you see in the kids once on the horse is amazing.
  • Options
    Great touch
  • Options
    Wonderful 
  • Options
    Love that B ♥️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

We have about £200 in the old protest fund account which some was leftover from the last shirt sponsorship and some is interest as there is another amount of money in there from another Charlton project. I did check I could have the interest… So in Dave’s memory we are going to donate the £200 to the Charlton Riding School for the Disabled. Some of you remember we donated to them before at Dave’s suggestion as it’s a local charity close to his heart. 

I checked with Dave’s wife yesterday, as I know the family have asked for donations to the hospice, but she is happy with that as she did consider them to.

That's so nice. I remember Dave suggesting we donate to them with the proceeds from the protest shirt which we did. It was a significant amount if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    Yep that’s brilliant gesture Curb_it 
  • Options
    I have links for those of you that cant make Dave's service on Friday and would like to watch.  I'm not sure about putting on here?

So perhaps if you want me to send to you can you inbox me on here? Or text me if you have my number.

• Options
    Could somebody confirm if there’s a meet before in Pelton. Is the service in Christchurch then onto crem.
  • Options
    The service is at 1.30 in Christchurch Greenwich and then to the Pelton afterwards.  I dont know about the crematorium so I think that is private. 

• Options
    ok thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great stuff all, what this forum should be about.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    A friend said the upstairs of the church was like being at a Charlton away game in the 80’s. All Charlton. 

A wonderful, personal and very moving ceremony. Dave was piped in and out carried by his mates. What a privilege that must have been.

A very fitting send off to a lovely man. 

A very astute observation B  :D
  • Options
    That’s lovely, B. I’ve just made an online donation to Greenwich and Bexley Hospice as per the funeral collection. Dave was so generous in life, it’s the least we can do. 
  • Options
    Would have popped down for that, but unfortunately away.
    Hope it goes well.