Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardinal Sin RIP - funeral details p8

Comments

• Options
    F***, from the photo I’ve just realised who Dave is.
    I was fortunate enough to meet him on a few occasions, a true gentleman.
    Rest easy now.
    Condolences to family and friends x

• Options
    Very sad news. RIP Dave. 
  • Options
    A massive loss to the Charlton family. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Dave and condolences to his wife and children. Very sad loss to the Charlton family. Life is so unfair too often.
  • Options
    Thank you for posting the pictures @Davo55

As I mentioned earlier, I didn’t believe that I “knew” Dave, but can see now that he’s definitely someone I have known for years and always nodded a hello when we saw each other. A terrible loss. 
  • Options
    Met him through my old man @southamptonaddick and he was always polite to an annoying, over excited child and a good laugh as said child got older. Always had chats with my dad and like most people have said, a really familiar face around Charlton. 

He will be missed by so many for sure. RIP Dave. 
  • Options
    Proper Charlton 
    so so sad, RIP Dave
  • Options
    Just seen the photos and realised who he was, once again RIP.
  • Options
    I remember his blog from a few years ago when I used to read Dr Kish and there was often a link to Drinking During The Game.
    Sad news. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    one of those many Addick faces i recall over the years having seen at far flung places in the 80's and 90's when we were earning our Charlton stripes
    RIP Dave 
  • Options
    RIP Dave. I was often a reader of the Drinking blog.
  • Options
    That is so sad. Never knew Dave personally but  used see him in the Royal Oak and at many away game over the years. My condolences to Dave’s family and friends. RIP
  • Options
    Only knew him from here, very sad news

RIP fellow Addick
  • Options
    So sad RIP big man.
  • Options
    Very sad news, don't think I ever mt him but truly sounds like a good one. RIP Dave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Dave. Fought cancer as hard and bravely as he fought any unjust cause. A face at Charlton who will be truly remembered.  Many a Charlton fan will be raising a glass to you Dave. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Thank you for posting the pictures @Davo55

As I mentioned earlier, I didn’t believe that I “knew” Dave, but can see now that he’s definitely someone I have known for years and always nodded a hello when we saw each other. A terrible loss. 

Same here.
    Condolences to friends and family.
  • Options
    RIP Addick.  Your CL family will remember you.
  • Options
    Rip 
  • Options
    one of those many Addick faces i recall over the years having seen at far flung places in the 80's and 90's when we were earning our Charlton stripes
    RIP Dave 
    This - didn't know him really to speak to, more on 'nodding' terms

RIP
  • Options
    Rip Dave 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Very sad news, have always enjoyed his posts as he fired from the hip about our results, and spoke his mind. 

You can take one good look at this thread to get an idea on the type of character he was, and what a miss he will be to a lot of people. 

I didn't speak to him personally, but as others have said, I do recognise him. A big loss for Charlton and my condolences to his close family and friends. 

Rest in Peace Dave.