Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Online Fans Meeting With Club Directors This Wednesday

Comments

• Options
    this is good and needed - i expect there will be a bit of a plea to get behind apples and say judge us from now etc - wouldn't totally surprise me if scott has been offloaded but probably not
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Absolutely this has been thrown together at the last minute to try and pacify the masses after the powers that be see the reaction to their first 2 signings and the continued employment of Appleton.

You don't announce a meeting like this 4 days before it happens unless it has been hurriedly arranged.
    Or unless there’s a big name in league one terms expected through the door beforehand 😉
    Wouldn't Scott want to be at the meeting if there was good transfer news?
  • Options
    Maybe the last minute arrangement is due to the horrendous results from December, which the board would not have been expecting to be so poor. 
  • Options
    Surely would be the only time you could see someone on Onlyfans called bloody Gavin wouldn’t it?
  • Options
    Happy they are doing this, shame Andy Scott won’t be there, better late than never. But timing smacks of trying to get the fans onside for next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This should be fun.
  • Options
    Can't wait.
  • Options
    Can't make it, how soon are the minutes going to be published. 
  • Options
    Wonder who gets to vet/adjudicate the questions etc. Or indeed whether there will be any...
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Can't make it, how soon are the minutes going to be published. 
    You should be able to watch it back on YouTube
  • Options
    edited January 6
  • Options
    Happy they are doing this, shame Andy Scott won’t be there, better late than never. But timing smacks of trying to get the fans onside for next season.
    Large, they probably would have pitched it before the season ticket sales if that were the case. We've been asking for engagement, so here it is. If anything, they are not stupid and realise that the supporters are not happy, in my opinion, it's more the board that is responsible than Appleton, but I understand that supporters see them as the same, all the same you should attend if you can. 
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Bailey said:
    Large, they probably would have pitched it before the season ticket sales if that were the case. We've been asking for engagement, so here it is. If anything, they are not stupid and realise that the supporters are not happy, in my opinion, it's more the board that is responsible than Appleton, but I understand that supporters see them as the same, all the same you should attend if you can. 
    The pricks should front it out in the fans bar  one evening, that'd be amusing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     What ‘ people  structure and processes’ exactly has been put in place?
  • Options
    I wonder if their plans involve negotiating with Mr Le Douche in Belgium?

A statement of intent to buy back the Valley would make me a little happier...however I doubt it. 
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Gavin Carter, I had forgotten him.  I wonder what this formation of non playing staff take out of a mid ranking L1 club.

S Sutherland

G Carter.       E Warwick.     P Elliot.      C Methven

A Scott.        J Rodwell.      W Abbott.    R Dangerfield

M Appleton.    R O'Donnell

• Options
    Paul Elliott as a director is this a paid role? 
  • Options
    Paul Elliott as a director is this a paid role? 
    According to Airman’s post above Elliott is an employee, so yes.
  • Options
    Oh, and @Airman Brown he is on LinkedIn again with only moderate activity, although he has changed his profile to mention CAFC up front. His one post, from four months ago, is effusive in its praise for Steve Sunderland, and indicates that he has “spent time with him”. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gavinpcarter?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app
  • Options
    I think this has been called in an attempt to shore up the support base. 

I have no idea of the overall feeling across our fan base but if the small sample reflected on here is anything to go by even the normal positive fans have had enough. If the board are getting the same view of opinions from a wider perspective they need to do something to galvanise things or crowds could start getting very small