Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Online Fans Meeting With Club Directors This Wednesday

Comments

• Options
    The Danny Senda stuff has made this more interesting but I suspect they won't take any questions on it
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Do we know who is moderating this, and how the questions from fans will be sent in and then selected.? 

@Braziliance the quality of questions on the night depends entirely on what the answers are to the above.
    Fans can send in by email/whatsapp I think just like Charlton TV. I'd guess Charlotte Richardson or someone similar will host/moderate
    If this is the case then a total waste of time.

Close the fans bar after an arranged game and host a meeting, fans get tickets in advance and have an open floor for questions.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Keep reading this as Only Fans
    Same 
  • Options
    I think the best interaction would be to confirm that the directors have read Airman Brown’s VOTV before they arrive and ask them to address all the points he raises in it ! 
  • Options
    I feel another chapter for that book will be written about this coming Wednesday evening’s debate.
    Keep up the good work @Airman Brown
  • Options
    dickad1 said:
    Appreciate it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but that piece makes me realise how much we as a fanbase miss a publication like VOTV at times like these. Tying threads of information and evidence together, helping us see through the fog and posing questions of strategy and trajectory. 

For all its many benefits, social media is too in the moment and full of noise. 
    Amen to that ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    25 minutes for the 3 to introduce themselves and lay out the plans for the club.
    I hope Paul Elliot doesn't go first, the others won't have time to say anything otherwise. 😂
  • Options
    Do we know who is moderating this, and how the questions from fans will be sent in and then selected.? 

@Braziliance the quality of questions on the night depends entirely on what the answers are to the above.
    Paula Vennells has been asked to chair the meeting and no questions from fans are permitted.
    Still waiting for your reply re' is it The Bull / Queens Head debate.

😉
  • Options
    edited January 9
    I can’t think of anything that the panel could say that will make me feel better. 
    If they make a realistic plan - i don’t have any confidence it will happen. 
    If they make unrealistic (sign Messi) plan - it won’t happen. 

That woman we had, made sure to get rid of all “Charlton people” that worked in club admin. 
    We have since lost JJ and Big Jace from the coaching staff, with just Jason P left. 

RD is still our landlord. 

I’m reliably informed that “the board” passed up a chance to have Bowyer back - and Apples is not the answer IMO, he’s just another Adkins, Garner etc. 

50+ years on the terraces for me, and 87 away grounds with the team, yet I probably won’t go to watch us get tonked by Posh. Our football is total crap, regardless of the result. 

I defer to The Stranglers - Something Better Change. 
    Similar for me too apart from the number of away grounds. I will be travelling down from Peterborough to watch Charlton with Junior on Saturday despite no trains running from here to London. I am looking for action not words from the owners. I am also looking for, in the words of Ian Drury 
    Reasons to be cheerful
  • Options
    Have we bid £450k for Stephen Humphrys yet? If not, why not?
    Why would we pay money for Mr Humphreys? I thought he was free?

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Credit where its due, this is timely and appropriate given the context of a poor situation at our beloved club. Would be easy (but risky) for them to hide. 
    One of my criticisms has been that they haven’t done this, so I agree, although I am sceptical about the ability of the panel to speak with authority about the strategic direction of the club. Rodwell and Elliott are employees. I know nothing about Gavin Carter so look forward to finding out.
    Carter was pitched by Methven as the key link between the board and the fans. So far there has been zero sign of that being put into practice, for whatever reason. I understand that CAST have been more than ready to engage with him but not been told when or how that might happen.

He has a Twiiter account:
    https://x.com/gavin_carter?s=21&t=oKpEK5xuwukoPQ-YsizesQ

but is not very active with it, generally, despite having made his money in tech.His profile states that he is non-exec.  He is also based in Ontario. That need not matter, Mike Stevens was pretty effective from Chicago, long before the internet made things easier, but so far GC has been completely invisible since the announcement of his appointment. So seeing and hearing from him will be one of many interesting aspects of the event.
    Carter has visited the museum although he didn't announce himself, which is fine and maybe a good thing as he wasn't doing the big "I am".  We only realised it was him after he'd left and saw his name in the visitors book.

Maybe he's just not the type of person who feels the need to be active on social media, not everyone does, but if so he is, perhaps, an odd choice to be part of this event.   

I guess that him being both a owner and a fan is seen as giving more credibility. 

He was very active on Twitter about a year ago defending Martin Sandgaard 
    He's a wrong 'un then  :#
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Maybe a question could be why have we signed yet another player that needs to be eased in and isn't ready to go. Why do we never learn? 
    Especially when Andy Scott said we’d be doing the opposite ie permanent signings who’d been playing recently and were therefore good to go.
    Yes but who believes a word that Scott says?
  • Options
    I'm wondering if the investors put pressure on the SLT to arrange this meeting. If nothing else than to also try and understand where this is going!
    I can't see why they would arrange it otherwise.
    Maybe the investors should have been involved in the meeting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 9
    What I think Charlton have been good at in the past is building the green shoots for momentum. What they have been very bad at is creating momentum. And then when they do, poor ownership decisions have killed the momentum. Cash pulling out when we were probably a couple of signings away from a side that could push for promotion to the Premier League, then indeed when Duchatelet took over and it wasn't too late with players of the caliber of Kermogant, throwing it all away. Then under Bowyer, cost cutting and even trying to do him out of a deserved contract immediately after gaining promotion and failing to back him at all. Even when Sandgaard took over and we missed out on the top six by goal difference. Momentum is definitely the word, but can our new owners find it and then keep it? I think that is the question I have and it does have two parts. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Maybe a question could be why have we signed yet another player that needs to be eased in and isn't ready to go. Why do we never learn? 
    Especially when Andy Scott said we’d be doing the opposite ie permanent signings who’d been playing recently and were therefore good to go.
    Scott does..
  • Options
    The club is going to announce that Jim “James” Rodwell is coming out of retirement to shore up the defence and that that will conclude our January business. 
    Good night all
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    I can’t think of anything that the panel could say that will make me feel better. 
    If they make a realistic plan - i don’t have any confidence it will happen. 
    If they make unrealistic (sign Messi) plan - it won’t happen. 

That woman we had, made sure to get rid of all “Charlton people” that worked in club admin. 
    We have since lost JJ and Big Jace from the coaching staff, with just Jason P left. 

RD is still our landlord. 

I’m reliably informed that “the board” passed up a chance to have Bowyer back - and Apples is not the answer IMO, he’s just another Adkins, Garner etc. 

50+ years on the terraces for me, and 87 away grounds with the team, yet I probably won’t go to watch us get tonked by Posh. Our football is total crap, regardless of the result. 

I defer to The Stranglers - Something Better Change. 
    Similar for me too apart from the number of away grounds. I will be travelling down from Peterborough to watch Charlton with Junior on Saturday despite no trains running from here to London. I am looking for action not words from the owners. I am also looking for, in the words of Ian Drury 
    Reasons to be cheerful
    As we're getting into music slightly can I just say with regards to CAFC "Heaven knows I'm miserable now" 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Scott does..
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Talal said:
    Scott does..
    We heard you the first time :)
  • Options
    If I was to ask one question, it would be to ask Rodwell what he actually does.

Not in a negative/aggressive way, but out of curiosity, as I'm confused as to who does what, and where the buck stops. The other two at the meeting, no disrespect, aren't important, as they have no real executive role.
  • Options
    If I was to ask one question, it would be to ask Rodwell what he actually does.

Not in a negative/aggressive way, but out of curiosity, as I'm confused as to who does what, and where the buck stops. The other two at the meeting, no disrespect, aren't important, as they have no real executive role.
    The same question about Warrick and Elliott would be interesting.