Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Online Fans Meeting With Club Directors This Wednesday

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    IdleHans said:
    "I can ensure you..."?
    FFS
    Check the dictionary bud. Ensure is a far stronger commitment than assure.
    Yeah, it is, but you don't say, "I can ensure you ...." - that's just a mistake and he means "assure".

If he'd said "I will ensure ..." then that's him saying he will make sure it happens.
    Perhaps he's an insurance salesman and he meant "I can insure you"?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Off_it said:
    IdleHans said:
    "I can ensure you..."?
    FFS
    Yeah, it is, but you don't say, "I can ensure you ...." - that's just a mistake and he means "assure".

If he'd said "I will ensure ..." then that's him saying he will make sure it happens.
    Perhaps he's an insurance salesman and he meant "I can insure you"?
    Or a typical CAFC board member these days
    "I can ignore you"?
  • Options
    I heard the other week that a former manager of ours was less than complimentary about Martin and was quite descriptive about what he’d do to him if their paths crossed again.
  • Options
    edited January 8
    First question should be have spoken to Brighton like Ipswich have and ask for their knowledge in transfers and running of a football club 
  • Options
    I'm wondering if the investors put pressure on the SLT to arrange this meeting. If nothing else than to also try and understand where this is going!
    I can't see why they would arrange it otherwise.
    It's been called to quieten the masses.  They are fully aware of the toxic state of fans across the board.  Less bums on seats next season looming if they don't arrest this abject failure.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    With the meeting tomorrow I'd guess that they would have wanted more to shout about than two loan signings, one of whom isn't fully fit.

Not sure this will be the opportunity to reassure concerned fans that perhaps they hoped it would be on Friday night when they agreed the  transfer fee with Peterborough for JCH.

But still 36 hours to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
    I'm not even sure they've got a hat let alone a rabbit. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thing I do hope, is that people ask the right questions and they aren't flooded with questions that aren't as challenging. Make no mistake, they'll answer the less challenging questions instead. Common tactic for events like this. We don't need to know if JCH is any closer as we have our answer for that already, or if Gillesphey failed a medical. These are the questions they can make a massive story out of and spin it all as positive PR. 

The questions should be - 

Why is Appleton still here after managing to register only one win in ten?

How are you going to convince people to buy season tickets when the football is poor and fans are rapidly falling out of love with the club, will you make assurances about squad improvement?

Why do we consistently sign players who aren't ready to start from the moment they're in the door? 

Why do the likes of Oxford United and Peterborough have more talented squads than us in this division repeatedly, what do our scouts actually do? 

Why are the club allowing our players to listen to such shit music. 😉

Give them the easy questions and they'll lap it up and sound busy. 

Either way look forward to it.
    I thought a while back Andy S said we'd sacked off 2 of our scouts, not heard they were actually replaced?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    IdleHans said:
    "I can ensure you..."?
    FFS

The dictionary will also give a meaning to 'patronising'
  • Options
    PS, an online meeting lets these get away from feeling the heat as being in the same room as fans.
  • Options
    PS, an online meeting lets these get away from feeling the heat as being in the same room as fans.
    It does but it allows more fans to attend, not just globally but people like me who can't travel 3 hours to The Valley for an hour long meeting
  • Options
    edited January 9
    Or they flood the room with staff like the meeting they did when  Meire hosted it back in the day.

Face to face however is much better
  • Options
    Engaging with fans is a huge positive and a very welcome one. However, I think the topics i believe most Charlton fans are interested in ie. Squad strengthening / promotion push (next season realistically)/ purchase of the Valley and SL and long term security of the club will not really be addressed adequately. 
  • Options
    Engaging with fans is a huge positive and a very welcome one. However, I think the topics i believe most Charlton fans are interested in ie. Squad strengthening / promotion push (next season realistically)/ purchase of the Valley and SL and long term security of the club will not really be addressed adequately. 
    As much as Murray sold his bum to the Belgians, he was fantastic at the end of season Bromley meetings I attended in the Premier League years.  He was very open and they made for very informative evenings.

I'd not cross the road to listen to the hot air and s*** these clowns come out with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 9
    Kips said:
    With the meeting tomorrow I'd guess that they would have wanted more to shout about than two loan signings, one of whom isn't fully fit.

Not sure this will be the opportunity to reassure concerned fans that perhaps they hoped it would be on Friday night when they agreed the  transfer fee with Peterborough for JCH.

But still 36 hours to pull a rabbit out of the hat.
    I'm not even sure they've got a hat let alone a rabbit. 
    They’ve got a hat but it’s borrowed, in need of repair and not been worn in 18 months.
  • Options
    Do we know who is moderating this, and how the questions from fans will be sent in and then selected.? 

@Braziliance the quality of questions on the night depends entirely on what the answers are to the above.
  • Options
    Do we know who is moderating this, and how the questions from fans will be sent in and then selected.? 

@Braziliance the quality of questions on the night depends entirely on what the answers are to the above.
    Fans can send in by email/whatsapp I think just like Charlton TV. I'd guess Charlotte Richardson or someone similar will host/moderate
  • Options
    questions about hot water in the bogs and the hot chocolate on offer at half time will get answered whereas the tricky and controversial questions will be ignored.
  • Options
    IF the new owners and Board confidently and assuredly set out a plan for development and competitiveness for the club we all love, I would really like to understand how they envisage our hardcore fans might help them in bringing better times back to our football club? I was a Liverpool fan (family roots) until aged 14, but campaigning to get back to the Valley, clearing the Valley, growing out of shorts and doing a little bit to help the Valley Party effort while witnessing the passion and determination in meetings (no Zoom back then and needing a lift to meetings 🤣) of the likes of Barry Nugent, Rick Everitt, Steve Dixon, Richard Hunt, Ben Tegg and others created a fandom and stickiness to the club that pre-those experiences I would unlikely have had. 

We have had a bloody awful period experientially, but if their commitment to change is there, I do wonder how we can help accelerate a shift toward more positive times, as in my experience, we have the best fan base with fighting spirit they could wish for?
  • Options
    Keep reading this as Only Fans
  • Options
    As much as Murray sold his bum to the Belgians, he was fantastic at the end of season Bromley meetings I attended in the Premier League years.  He was very open and they made for very informative evenings.

I'd not cross the road to listen to the hot air and s*** these clowns come out with.
    ‘sold his bum’ possibly my favourite ever Charlton Life quote 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Have the club promoted this much/at all since the initial announcement?
  • Options
    I'm not entirely sure what the point of this meeting is, seeing that most of the grouses/questions at the moment concern the team and transfer issues, and nobody involved in either the first team or recruitment will be there.

And seeing that the window is open, even if Andy Scott was there, he'd just say that there's lots of discussions and negotiations going on, but it's all confidential.
    The season is over. We have nothing else. ☹️
  • Options
    A bit like our manager and team of late…I won’t be bothering to turn up.