Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Online Fans Meeting With Club Directors This Wednesday

Comments

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    "I can ensure you..."?
    FFS
    Check the dictionary bud. Ensure is a far stronger commitment than assure.
  • Options
    Very interesting that the board are having this meeting at short notice in the middle of January when the season again is pretty much over (Bar getting up to 50 points).

We shall see what’s said. Would have preferred a face to face one at the ground as you can tell a lot from people’s body language and you can’t deflect away the difficult questions unlike on a online meeting when the questions have to be sent in. 

• Options
    Off_it said:
    IdleHans said:
    "I can ensure you..."?
    FFS
    Yeah, it is, but you don't say, "I can ensure you ...." - that's just a mistake and he means "assure".

If he'd said "I will ensure ..." then that's him saying he will make sure it happens.
    Who cares. We’ve got much bigger problems than a small typo from a non exec director.
  • Options
    Credit where its due, this is timely and appropriate given the context of a poor situation at our beloved club. Would be easy (but risky) for them to hide. 
    One of my criticisms has been that they haven’t done this, so I agree, although I am sceptical about the ability of the panel to speak with authority about the strategic direction of the club. Rodwell and Elliott are employees. I know nothing about Gavin Carter so look forward to finding out.
    Carter was pitched by Methven as the key link between the board and the fans. So far there has been zero sign of that being put into practice, for whatever reason. I understand that CAST have been more than ready to engage with him but not been told when or how that might happen.

He has a Twiiter account:
    https://x.com/gavin_carter?s=21&t=oKpEK5xuwukoPQ-YsizesQ

but is not very active with it, generally, despite having made his money in tech.His profile states that he is non-exec.  He is also based in Ontario. That need not matter, Mike Stevens was pretty effective from Chicago, long before the internet made things easier, but so far GC has been completely invisible since the announcement of his appointment. So seeing and hearing from him will be one of many interesting aspects of the event.
    Carter has visited the museum although he didn't announce himself, which is fine and maybe a good thing as he wasn't doing the big "I am".  We only realised it was him after he'd left and saw his name in the visitors book.

Maybe he's just not the type of person who feels the need to be active on social media, not everyone does, but if so he is, perhaps, an odd choice to be part of this event.   

I guess that him being both a owner and a fan is seen as giving more credibility. 

Yes I think that he probably is, based on his overall usage of both Twitter and LI, not just in a Charlton context. He may also hold the not unreasonable view that especially when it comes to football, it's just too toxic for any hope of constructive dialogue. 

For whatever reason his purported role as the main link between boardroom and fans has failed to happen thus far, but he now seems ready to put that right. It will be interesting to see and hear from him on Wednesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    "I can ensure you..."?
    FFS

Quite right, don't know what I was thinking
  • Options
    First question, (credit to Airman Brown) should be ‘How many other clubs in the league have the ownership chosen by the management like we are?’
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    IdleHans said:
    "I can ensure you..."?
    FFS
    Yeah, it is, but you don't say, "I can ensure you ...." - that's just a mistake and he means "assure".

If he'd said "I will ensure ..." then that's him saying he will make sure it happens.
    Who cares. We’ve got much bigger problems than a small typo from a non exec director.
    Yep, agreed - the cost of living crisis, the global impact of the war in Ukraine, the humanitarian crisis in Gaza (and elsewhere), the tube strike, global warming, the threat of an asteroid strike - all much bigger problems.

In fact, in that context, none of us should probably even be remotely worried about such trivial things as football .....
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Credit where its due, this is timely and appropriate given the context of a poor situation at our beloved club. Would be easy (but risky) for them to hide. 
    One of my criticisms has been that they haven’t done this, so I agree, although I am sceptical about the ability of the panel to speak with authority about the strategic direction of the club. Rodwell and Elliott are employees. I know nothing about Gavin Carter so look forward to finding out.
    Carter was pitched by Methven as the key link between the board and the fans. So far there has been zero sign of that being put into practice, for whatever reason. I understand that CAST have been more than ready to engage with him but not been told when or how that might happen.

but is not very active with it, generally, despite having made his money in tech.His profile states that he is non-exec.  He is also based in Ontario. That need not matter, Mike Stevens was pretty effective from Chicago, long before the internet made things easier, but so far GC has been completely invisible since the announcement of his appointment. So seeing and hearing from him will be one of many interesting aspects of the event.
    Carter has visited the museum although he didn't announce himself, which is fine and maybe a good thing as he wasn't doing the big "I am".  We only realised it was him after he'd left and saw his name in the visitors book.

Maybe he's just not the type of person who feels the need to be active on social media, not everyone does, but if so he is, perhaps, an odd choice to be part of this event.   

I guess that him being both a owner and a fan is seen as giving more credibility. 

He was very active on Twitter about a year ago defending Martin Sandgaard 
    A Fans Advisor based in Canada, hmmmm how does that work?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

A Fans Advisor based in Canada, hmmmm how does that work?
    Doesn't have to because he's not a Fans Advisor, he's one of the owners.
    I stand corrected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps we will finally find out what "The Project" is that Scott and co always seem to mention, because I haven't got a clue.
  • Options
    Will this be like Only Fans and you need to register…..apparently……asking for a friend 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Maybe a question could be why have we signed yet another player that needs to be eased in and isn't ready to go. Why do we never learn? 
    Especially when Andy Scott said we’d be doing the opposite ie permanent signings who’d been playing recently and were therefore good to go.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Believe it was one comment. There were a fair few on here happy to defend the Sandgaard’s at the time. 
  • Options
    Tick in the box for the far outdated Supporters Charter, admittedly digital age provides greater accessibility - but Charlton TV will get a few hits worldwide. Maybe even new subscribers...
  • Options
    With the potential news that JCH hasn't made up his mind whether to join  us or not, the CB from Plymouth also not announced and Coventry off to The Massives (although not  confirmed), I'm betting this meeting will either be 1. Cancelled 2.Complete bs from them or 3 very toxic which they won't like.
    It'll be interesting to see if any 'marquee' signings walk through the door tomorrow or Wednesday before the forum!
  • Options
    I'm wondering if the investors put pressure on the SLT to arrange this meeting. If nothing else than to also try and understand where this is going!
    I can't see why they would arrange it otherwise.