Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor Coventry joins on a 3 1/2 year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Good player & knows people in the squad so should settle in well. Think he’d look great next to Dobbo in the midfield 
  • Options
    Not knowingly seen him play.
    What “8” category is he in.
  • Options
    Not knowingly seen him play.
    What “8” category is he in.
    His age, the long contract and paying an undisclosed fee can only mean elite. We’ll be hoping he’ll improve and step up to the Championship comfortably.
  • Options
    Nice to have a signing to be positive about. I note he's another Apple Mate. Hoping the team might gel more if it's got the players he wants. Also like the fact that he's seen as uncompromising, we need a bit of steel.
  • Options
    How long till he's fit? Couple of months? 
  • Options
    Pleased but nervous of any former MK players notoriously pelt down here Aneke, fraser, Mcleod, 
  • Options
    For for the first time in ages a transfer that I am genuinely pleased about. Welcome Connor even if we were second choice to the Wendies. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For for the first time in ages a transfer that I am genuinely pleased about. Welcome Connor even if we were second choice to the Wendies. 
    ?
  • Options
    edited January 12
    West Ham's statement being at pains to point out within the first couple of sentences that his contract was running out, and the fact that Sheff Wed potentially dropped out due to not agreeing a sign on fee doesn't suggest much of a fee to me.

Feels more 'Look, he was going for free, so we got a small fee and a good sell-om just in case.'

• Options
    Sounds good on paper, encouraged that we've beaten championship interest for his signature.

• Options
    From my West Ham mate - all looks promising.
    A West Ham supporting mate of mine has said exactly the same - fingers crossed :smiley:
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    His performance at The Valley a couple of years ago was one of the best I've seen from an opposition player in League One. I was raving about it extensively at the time. He tore us to shreds. Amazing signing 
    You've been warned everyone. Slag Coventry off at your own risk or Leuth will swoop down like an avenging angel.  
    Leuth (bless him) raved about Reeves and Fraser (and obviously Sarr regardless of how he played ) so I’ll wait and see. 
  • Options
    edited January 12
    A west ham supporting mate hasn't said a word to me about this which must mean he's quality as he doesn't hesitate usually to stick the boot in after every game we play :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know bugger all about this lad - I pay very little attention to football outside of Charlton these days (apart from keeping abreast of how Norwich and King's Lynn are getting on) and even the Charlton bits often get restricted to match day because the rest of it is so awful) - but here are two comments from me:

- if he can be as good and effective for the team as the previous couple of Conors to turn out for us then I'll be happy;

- there are two "n"s in his name: one in his forename, one in his surname. Is is too much to ask that people get his sodding name right?! Otherwise it'll be right up there with Chucks, Ventokele etc ...
  • Options
    I know bugger all about this lad - I pay very little attention to football outside of Charlton these days (apart from keeping abreast of how Norwich and King's Lynn are getting on) and even the Charlton bits often get restricted to match day because the rest of it is so awful) - but here are two comments from me:

- if he can be as good and effective for the team as the previous couple of Conors to turn out for us then I'll be happy;

- there are two "n"s in his name: one in his forename, one in his surname. Is is too much to ask that people get his sodding name right?! Otherwise it'll be right up there with Chucks, Ventokele etc ...
    It’ll probably be Connor Cov seeing as there’s a weird internet thing to refer to Coventry as Cov these days.
  • Options
    Target acquired. Welcome Conor. Next!
  • Options
    An impressive signing. Hopefully will encourage other potential signings to join, if they perceive that we are serious about building a stronger team.
  • Options
    Don’t know much about him, but if the Massives were after him he must be a superstar  
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    fenaddick said:
    Good player & knows people in the squad so should settle in well. Think he’d look great next to Dobbo in the midfield 
    Am I the only one assuming he's the Dobbo replacement then?
    No, I think I’m the only one being optimistic he isn’t! I’m hoping we can see them together until the end of the season at least 
  • Options
    Sounds very promising all round. One question, is he fit to play? 
  • Options
    Know nothing really about him, can't remember ever seeing him play, so looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table. On the face of it a good signing but proof of the pudding etc etc.