Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor Coventry joins on a 3 1/2 year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Someone posted earlier that we needed some serious rabbits to be pulled out of the hat in this window. I'm classing Conor as a serious rabbit, but don't know where they fit into the 888 template!
    That’s very diverse language used there. I assume Paul Elliot will be pleased ! 😀 

(I jest obviously)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Not only did he tear us to shreds, but he played a pass that was so good it assisted Tennai Watson to score a goal. No offence Tennai but 
    Tearing Charlton to threads is not much of a recommendation as to his abilities. What did he do against the real tough tests in league 1.
  • Options
    I know I know it’s been discussed before but why undisclosed’ when we are lead to believe football insiders will know the sums involved?

• Options
    I don't know much about him but one potential anecdotal positive; I work with a load of west ham fans (i mean like 10 of them) and most are baffled they have even let him go, let alone to a league 1 side, and every single one has nothing but good things to say about him. 
    Snap, bloke at work is a massive West Ham fan. Said he is decent and he is really surprised theyre letting him go. Got a good feeling about this one
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    His performance at The Valley a couple of years ago was one of the best I've seen from an opposition player in League One. I was raving about it extensively at the time. He tore us to shreds. Amazing signing 
    https://youtu.be/wVM18OxkWlc?si=7PvMe-Q1ydTO6EVx

That was a hell of a ball. Perfectly weighted. He and McEachran absolutely ran the show that day.

MK Dons finished third that season, one point off automatics. They played some beautiful possession and pressing football under Liam Manning.

I really just remember him from that game but if he's able to boss midfield and retain possession like he did, and break up play, we've got a signing on our hands. 
  • Options
    Welcome to the madhouse Conor. Hope he makes a difference to what we already have. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Got to be well pleased to be signing a player from the last English club to win the World Cup ;)
    Currently champions of Europe too
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Leuth said:
    His performance at The Valley a couple of years ago was one of the best I've seen from an opposition player in League One. I was raving about it extensively at the time. He tore us to shreds. Amazing signing 
    https://youtu.be/wVM18OxkWlc?si=7PvMe-Q1ydTO6EVx

That was a hell of a ball. Perfectly weighted. He and McEachran absolutely ran the show that day.

MK Dons finished third that season, one point off automatics. They played some beautiful possession and pressing football under Liam Manning.

I really just remember him from that game but if he's able to boss midfield and retain possession like he did, and break up play, we've got a signing on our hands. 
    MK Dons were unfortunate not to get promoted that season, they were the best footballing team in the league imo just a few results along the way cost them. Manning is a very decent manager getting his sides to play the way they do. They had something silly like average possession of 58% per game and average pass accuracy of 85%. He truly coached that side.

For those interested on Conor Coventry on his stint at MK Dons that season; 

20 apps, 1 goal, 1 assist, 5 yellows, no reds and one man of the match. 

85% pass completions, average of 60 passes per game and 4 long ball attempts and an average match rating of 6.83
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Got to be well pleased to be signing a player from the last English club to win the World Cup ;)
    Currently champions of Europe too
    Think he got the Europa medal too........ that's one for the show and tell on his first day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another Lincoln cast off...
  • Options
    Seems a great signing so credit where it is due…

Smallprint: I reserve the right to deny this post ever existed if he does turn out to be another Shirk…
  • Options
    Best thing I've heard bar none...............From a Fulhan fan who makes @Redmidland look like he's in his 20s ;)
    "Barry Bannon would have come to us had Coventry signed for Wednesday" 

• Options
    Apparently West Ham wanted a large sell on percentage which the Massive declined. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Move over, Naby. Leuth has a new hero 🙂
  • Options
    Odds on Charlton fans, inventive as we are, rehashing the "she's electric" song we used for Conor Gallagher and then Connor Washington for our latest Conor?
  • Options
    Can we just go with a basic

Ohhh Conor Conor
    Conor Conor Conor Coventry

instead of some shite nonsense. Thank you
    Been trying to think of a song for him for the better part of the day 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep got you covered, to the tune of Bee Gees Tragedy, 

Coventry! 

I'll work up some generic lyrics now 
  • Options
    All I have to add to the above is that something magical is happening since the announcement of Conor's signing.

It's not yet reached it's peak but won't take much to complete the long awaited return.

Give me a T

Give me an I

Give me an N

Give me a  G .....

Onwards & upwards ! 
  • Options
    You just know he's gonna have a shite song. The player songs these days are so grim.
  • Options
    Is he Charltonised yet? 🙂