Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor Coventry joins on a 3 1/2 year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Who’s the boney looking bloke at the back ?
  • Options
    edited January 12
    One of my geeky sons said he’s had 240 mins of game time for West Ham’s first team , surely it can’t be that little .
    The way he’s getting talked up I thought he’d had bit more than that 
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Am I getting old or are these players just kids.  Let’s get some old warhorses in too, who know the ropes and can guide us to promotion next season .
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Am I getting old or are these players just kids.  Let’s get some old warhorses in too, who know the ropes and can guide us to promotion next season .
    Gillesphey’s 28 and been promoted from L1 with Plymouth. I hope he’s not the only experienced player who joins, definitely need a few more, JCH or Ladapo could be another.
  • Options
    I have spent the afternoon with 3 West Ham season ticket holders.

All rate him. They described him as a poor man’s Mark Noble, and said Charlton have got themselves a good player.
  • Options
    How long is the loan?
  • Options
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/medical-passed-west-ham-agree-coventry-deal-after-bid-accepted-sources/

Football Insider who are usually reliable claimed we’ve paid around £1m for Coventry.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/medical-passed-west-ham-agree-coventry-deal-after-bid-accepted-sources/

Football Insider who are usually reliable claimed we’ve paid around £1m for Coventry.

That seems an outrageously high amount to spend.
  • Options
    Yes, but, which world class player is he the league one version of? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this is all very well but what is his squad number?????????????/
  • Options
    No chance we’ve paid that much for him imo. Out of contract in the summer, more likely a few hundred thousand and a generous sell on clause. 
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Can he play up top as a lone striker? 🤭
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Odds on Charlton fans, inventive as we are, rehashing the "she's electric" song we used for Conor Gallagher and then Connor Washington for our latest Conor?

One of the worst chants going. Even worse than Lloyd Jones'
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    seth plum said:
    Welcome Conor.
    Nice to have an Irish midfielder following the footsteps of Matt Holland and the legendary Mark Kinsella.
    Be a winner…..in every game between now and the end of the season, and beyond.
    Good luck and best wishes, now score a hat trick against Peterborough in the first five minutes of the game tomorrow in order to establish yourself here😀
    You forgot Eamon Dunphy.lol

Rightly so. Called us a soulless club. 
  • Options
    I believe the fee is in the region of about 450k for the type of player we are getting 

anything less than that is a Bargain, saw him play against us and thought he was absolutely outstanding 🫡
    He might be "worth" that but seeing as he was out of contract in the summer I doubt that that was what we paid. Anyway reports are encouraging, lets hope he's an addition to Dobbo rather than a replacement otherwise we're beck to where we were.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Got to be well pleased to be signing a player from the last English club to win the World Cup ;)
    Currently champions of Europe too
    I thought that was Leeds ?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    seth plum said:
    Welcome Conor.
    Nice to have an Irish midfielder following the footsteps of Matt Holland and the legendary Mark Kinsella.
    Good luck and best wishes, now score a hat trick against Peterborough in the first five minutes of the game tomorrow in order to establish yourself here😀

Soulless. No.

Joyless. Absolutely.
  • Options
    Can we just go with a basic

Ohhh Conor Conor
    Conor Conor Conor Coventry

instead of some shite nonsense. Thank you
    The Conor Gallagher chant should suffice, just a change of surname. Keeps it simple. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    seth plum said:
    Welcome Conor.

Fecking gobby little twiglet.
    Lucky for him he had blockheads like Kitchener and Cripps to protect him.
    Always thought he was about as Millwall as fcuking dressage horse.
    If he was 20 years later I bet no spanner would have his name on their shirt, may as well have Smack Me on it

• Options
    I think the £1m figure may be the expected value for West Ham out of this deal?

If so, you could imagine something like £200k up front and a 20% sell on if we sold him for £4m in the future.

Picking random numbers out of the air to make £1m in total but you get my point.
    My thoughts too. Rumour is they wanted a 50% sell on and that’s what Sheff Wednesday couldn’t agree too. Perhaps we did. 
  • Options
    Looks like he’s got ‘double eyebrows’ do you think he’s just  come back from his stag do?
  • Options

If so, you could imagine something like £200k up front and a 20% sell on if we sold him for £4m in the future.

Picking random numbers out of the air to make £1m in total but you get my point.
    My thoughts too. Rumour is they wanted a 50% sell on and that’s what Sheff Wednesday couldn’t agree too. Perhaps we did. 
    A bit disingenuous to be saying we beat Wednesday to his signing, if that's the case. You wouldn't saying you beat someone to buying a house, if the amount you've paid is significantly higher. Perhaps when put side by side, he could see that both teams are likely to be in league one next season and hopes we are a club on the up, as they are coming down.

Seems a good player, but the proof will be on the pitch. Please stay fit Conor. 

Welcome the madhouse. 
  • Options
    Odds on Charlton fans, inventive as we are, rehashing the "she's electric" song we used for Conor Gallagher and then Connor Washington for our latest Conor?

Can confirm this is already doing the rounds on twitter
  • Options
    edited January 12

A bit disingenuous to be saying we beat Wednesday to his signing, if that's the case. You wouldn't saying you beat someone to buying a house, if the amount you've paid is significantly higher. Perhaps when put side by side, he could see that both teams are likely to be in league one next season and hopes we are a club on the up, as they are coming down.

Welcome the madhouse. 
    Sheffield's finest are now only 3 points from safety.

It'll be two years before we play them next.
  • Options

Welcome the madhouse. 
    Who said we beat Wednesday to his signing?
  • Options
    I’m excited to see what he’s like, but all these people with West Ham ‘mates’ bigging him up / giving scouting reports - he barely played for them at all. His only prem appearance (according to Wikipedia) was as a 92 min sub !!! I appreciate people watch youth football and follow his loan moves etc. but an mk dons fan for example would have a much better insight.