Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor Coventry joins on a 3 1/2 year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Seems a good prospect, hopefully he goes on to be a legend. 
    Credit to Scott if he got this over the line 
  • Options
    Is he available for tomorrow?

Is it ok to pass a positive opinion on him after 5 mins football but if he looks shit we've got to give it half a season before making comment .
  • Options
    As per usual will judge when he plays in a Charlton shirt. 
  • Options
    How much do we believe he cost ?
  • Options
    Just the boost we all needed.
    More please  :)
  • Options
    Wont get excited over a player i haven't seen play - but a great statement of intent from the board.  onwards and upwards.
    COYR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy to see some investment and we beat Wed to the deal. Must be decent altho I haven't seen him play.
  • Options
    welcome Conor and all the very best during your time with the Addicks .. we all want you to bring some steel, some solidity and (please) accurate passing to our midfield .. too late to play v the Posh I think, but I am  looking forward very much to your debut
  • Options
    Excellent.  Now keep em coming!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    fenaddick said:
    Good player & knows people in the squad so should settle in well. Think he’d look great next to Dobbo in the midfield 
    Am I the only one assuming he's the Dobbo replacement then?
    Possibly but hope you are wrong, would be best if we had both Dobson & Connor.  If we move on one senior midfielder prefer it to be Fraser. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    fenaddick said:
    Good player & knows people in the squad so should settle in well. Think he’d look great next to Dobbo in the midfield 
    No, sadly.

Hopefully we're wrong!  At least there is a replacement if it happens though, we're not just promoting one of the '8' youth teamers.
  • Options
    Is he injured?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    fenaddick said:
    No, I'm afraid I lol'd fenaddicks post as soon as I read it. 
  • Options
    Is he injured?
    Give him another five mins to settle in at the club, and am sure he will be
  • Options
    Whether Dobbo stays or goes is up to Dobbo. He's been offered a decent contract. 
  • Options
    This seems the first positive if all the clamour for him proves right, certainly hope so and a first tick in the box for Scott, need more decent players brought in now to kick on.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is he injured?
    Give him another five mins to settle in at the club, and am sure he will be
    Understand he got a severe paper cut signing the contract and will be out for the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    Good news on a Friday, what is not to like? Good luck Conor.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    fenaddick said:
    No, I'm afraid I lol'd fenaddicks post as soon as I read it. 
    I always assume that will be the reaction to anything I post! 
  • Options
    I wish Conor Coventry good luck and good health.
    The biggest surprise to me is CL members have friends !
  • Options
    Hope he's good on the grass... Welcome Conor!
  • Options
    edited January 12
    shirty5 said:
    As per usual will judge when he plays in a Charlton shirty. 
  • Options
    Fortunately I don't have any scummy West Ham mates so don't have a clue if he's any good. Will be interesting to revisit this thread at the end of the season to see if he has lived up to expectations.