Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thierry Small - one year option triggered and longer deal under discussion (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Good news - T Small will be around next season. 

Bad News- Scott is still stinking the place out.
  • Options
    Thierry Small has been good. Methven/Scott/Rodwell, shocking. 
  • Options
    Great news, and richly deserved, Thierry has made an immense impression and contribution in his short spell with us, now Charlton, let's start making these important players some sensible contract offers starting here with a 3 year offer.
    I have every confidence things are on the up...👍
  • Options
    Very pleased with this news. He's a good young player and one that NJ brought in! More like this please 🙏 
  • Options
    I’d say he’s our most impressive player. 
  • Options
    barstool said:
    He has signed a deal apparently, he likes it at the club 
    Source? It was only yesterday they mentioned he’d been offered a deal.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    I very much doubt he has signed it already … but hope i am wrong  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be incredible if we can sign him up properly. He is too good for league 1 already IMO and will only get better.
  • Options
    PWR the last 3/4 pages but not sure if he’s signed anything yet but there is an option for a further year that we will trigger if he doesn’t sign it by a certain date so he’s here regardless next season 
  • Options
    And if he doesn't extend and wants to move at the end of next season we can offer him a contract and get compensation at the least.

Good signing - we need more of this ilk, good young players to hopefully do well here and make a profit on if they do go.
  • Options
    Leaving aside the money, I imagine Small and his agents will want evidence that we intend to be fighting at the top of the table before signing anything longer term. From his previous history, they aren't frightened to move him on if not happy.
    Agree. Couldn't blame him if he wanted to wait and see what other players we start to line up before committing personally. 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Leaving aside the money, I imagine Small and his agents will want evidence that we intend to be fighting at the top of the table before signing anything longer term. From his previous history, they aren't frightened to move him on if not happy.
    Agree. Couldn't blame him if he wanted to wait and see what other players we start to line up before committing personally. 
    Yep, also depends very much what we've offered him. Let's face it so far Scott has not come across as a grand master of contract negotiations, more a C team tiddlywicks player. 
  • Options
    barstool said:
    They shoved the contract under his nose a tonight’s dinner and after he’d had a couple of sherbets.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Probably just my innate pessimism, but I expect he'll have championship interest after his performances and he will be reluctant to sign a long term deal.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Probably just my innate pessimism, but I expect he'll have championship interest after his performances and he will be reluctant to sign a long term deal.
    That's basically our goal though; to go into the  Championship asap and push on from there. Its just up to Jonesy etc to convince the likes of Small and for them to believe it's a realistic possibility, or just lip service.
  • Options
    Really hope this lad signs. What concerns me somewhat though is that his agent and the player don’t seem averse to moving on given the slightest reason. Our offer needs to reflect his recent contribution and recognise his monetary value going forward which I think is potentially quite large. IMHO he’s exactly the sort of player we need to be signing. 
  • Options
    I know football is a very trickle business nowadays but I'd hope also small gives us a bit of commitment he seems a good lad who gives it his all and we took a punt on him and more importantly gave him lots of game time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if we get a good second season out of him then get compensation, it will have been a good signing.
  • Options
    Even if we get a good second season out of him then get compensation, it will have been a good signing.
    Is there compensation due to us for that though?
  • Options
    Believe so, I’m pretty sure it’s only based on the players age and not how long he’s been at the club for.
  • Options
    Yes, but it would possibly be shared with Everton.
  • Options
    Yes, but it would possibly be shared with Everton.
    Doubt that would be the case as they already got compensation when he went to Southampton and a sell on was agreed but void when he left for free. 
  • Options
    Rumour Derby sniffing around
  • Options
    there will be a lot of interest from quite a few clubs in signing such a very good young player .. pessimistically, I doubt he'll be with us next season .. REALLY REALLY hope that I am wrong  
  • Options
    Yeah i think we have all seen the football insider thing, looks like clickbait to me

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Yeah i think we have all seen the football insider thing, looks like clickbait to me

I didn't see it on there, I saw it on Football League Insider