Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thierry Small - one year option triggered and longer deal under discussion (p9)

Comments

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    V good article on him from a few months’ back in The Athletic, if you have a subscription. 

For those of you without a subscription.
    https://archive.is/Z8S2z
    Sounds like Jones sees him as a project but likes his stature and energy enough to start him. 
  • Options
    Can tell how naturally strong he is from the size of his neck. Geezer must wear 26 inch shirts.
  • Options
    Another eye catching performance against Cobblers. 
  • Options
    edited March 3
    How does his song go after Thierry Smaaall, Thierry Smaaall? I know he hates Millwall but as he's not from Portugal or Senegal what's the middle bit?
  • Options
    He looks very involved and motivated. 
  • Options
    That’s a really interesting article. Sounds to me as so somebody has sat him down and said “come on dude you’ve got this but you need to make some changes”

so far so very good Long may it continue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Has been excellent since coming in and seems to have really enjoyed playing alongside other 19 year olds of Anderson and Kanu.

Small turns 20 at the beginning of next season, would love for us to hand him a 3 year deal and let Jones work his magic.

Think these young players have such a bright and exciting future, just imagine how much better they could be in 12 months time with excellent coaching, a group of very good senior pros (we’ll need to sign two or three in the summer), and an environment and culture where they learn every day and know what high standards and winning looks like.

One additional thing is, I really like how comfortable he looks on his right foot as well. A wing-back with pace, strength, power, and good with both feet? That’s a real level above for League One.

I was trying to decode whether he and CBT would have been an unstoppable combo or an awful combo yesterday! 🤣
  • Options
    He looks a great signing to me.
  • Options
    How does his song go after Thierry Smaaall, Thierry Smaaall? I know he hates Millwall but as he's not from Portugal or Senegal what's the middle bit?
    It's not's exactly Wordsworth  :smiley:

Thierry, whooah
    Thierry, whooah
    His name is Thierry Small
    He f**king hates Millwall
    Christ alive. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    It's not's exactly Wordsworth  :smiley:

Thierry, whooah
    Thierry, whooah
    His name is Thierry Small
    He f**king hates Millwall
    Christ alive. 
    Don't think he was into football!
  • Options
    Yep get him on a longer contract, kid has got a good future ahead 
  • Options
    Tiny Tel, you are my fav 🤩
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football is so weird, I know he is young, but I find it hard that he has not managed to ‘crack’ it until maybe now.

He just looks like he has so many tools at his disposal.

Also I love that at the moment he seems to really enjoy playing here. As well as the celebrations, you often see him trying to G up the crowd as well 
  • Options
    Proper wing back. That pressing at the end and assist looked very UnCharlton/L1!
  • Options
    I keep forgetting how young he is. He’s the best LWB/LB we’ve had in ages. Maatsen clearly had potential but was much more raw. Plus Small has that passion we’ve lacked for a while 
  • Options
    A few players have saved us, none more than him (okay, Kanu)
  • Options
    edited March 5
    Absolute class so was Watson who I've doubted before as good enough but under this manager they are both thriving.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    I keep forgetting how young he is. He’s the best LWB/LB we’ve had in ages. Maatsen clearly had potential but was much more raw. Plus Small has that passion we’ve lacked for a while 
    And significantly more physical presence. AND he hates Millwall.