Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thierry Small - one year option triggered and longer deal under discussion (p9)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 3
    https://youtu.be/MN_icguXM6U?si=2zAjJwcaXCIIcrVj

clips of his time with Everton, looks to have decent pedigree. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Think it’s worth bearing in mind with this one that he is only 19. Could easily be a case of being thrust into the limelight too young, when he wasn’t really ready.

I like the fact we’ve just given him six months to prove himself and hopefully it’ll work out for all parties and he can earn a longer contract.
    Also clear he’s signed with our (latest, but hopefully long term) style of play in mind. Jones will want pace and stamina in his wing backs, whether he plays 3-5-2 or a diamond (expect we’ll switch between the two at times).

Good to put some pressure on Edun too.
  • Options
    I think his name has possibly caused psychological problems - Thierry alludes to greatness, athleticism, masterful, world class skill, pace and goals - then Small !!! must be confusing - if we can help him get over this, sounds like we will have one hell of a player on our hands
  • Options
    Best ever footballer called Thierry I've heard.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I think his name has possibly caused psychological problems - Thierry alludes to greatness, athleticism, masterful, world class skill, pace and goals - then Small !!! must be confusing - if we can help him get over this, sounds like we will have one hell of a player on our hands
    I can’t help imagine he’s small and lightweight, then I remember seeing he made his debut at 16 so that’s not likely to be the case.
  • Options
    Is he related to Mike Small or Thierry Henry?
  • Options
    Gladstone I heard.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Is he related to Mike Small or Thierry Henry?
    Both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s only 19 and I’ve never seen him play, but he can’t be worse than Edun surely? 
  • Options
    Not the first Small to play for Charlton.

Wade Small made one appearance but who can forget Mike Small 

Literally, worth the penny

• Options
    At least we got fifty two quid back for tickets so the crowd got a boost
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    He’s only 19 and I’ve never seen him play, but he can’t be worse than Edun surely? 
    Of course he can. He made 3 starts for St Mirren  this season.
  • Options
    Relying on players who are match not rusty/fit has been our biggest problem under these owners. Potentially he may be a diamond in the rough, but our situation does not allow much chance to give him the run of games he needs. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Nonsense
  • Options
    Hope he’s fit enough to start Tuesday, Edun needs to be replaced 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Given the endless stream of success stories from our recent signings, would it be much of a surprise if he turns out to be useless?
  • Options
    Worth a try, I hope he and Ramsay both start as neither Edun or Watson should feel safe in their positions. 
  • Options
    I assume he was bought in more as a project. Barely got in Port Vales team. He is hardly one to pin hopes on.
  • Options
    I doubt he'll play yet. If he's not ready I'd rather we went to a 4 at the back and played Thomas left back than Edun.
  • Options
    Isted

Assimwe, Jones, Gillesphey (or Edmond’s Green), Thomas

Coventry

L Watson, Camara

May 

Ladapo (Regrettably), Kanu

Still not happy with Thomas at LB but he will have to do. Flat back four with a diamond in midfield.
  • Options
    edited February 11
    cafc_se7 said:
    Isted

Assimwe, Jones, Gillesphey (or Edmond’s Green), Thomas

Coventry

L Watson, Camara

May 

Ladapo (Regrettably), Kanu

Still not happy with Thomas at LB but he will have to do. Flat back four with a diamond in midfield.

This screams relegation to me. Hopefully Ramsey is decent and Aneke, Hector and Taylor come back and stay fit.  Then we sub out Assimwe, Ladapo, L Watson and Gillesphey from your team for them
  • Options
    If he was watching yesterday he's probably glad he only signed to the end of the season.
  • Options
    Had an excellent debut at Bolton today. If he can replicate that form for the remaining games this season then he should be offered a longer contract
    Just don't tell Scott