Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thierry Small - one year option triggered and longer deal under discussion (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Not quite sure how he was available on a free. Top, top player. Had barely played before and looks a cut above
  • Options
    I'm sure Jones suggested some players he would like in the Jan window 
  • Options
    A great addition.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I'm sure Jones suggested some players he would like in the Jan window 
    Small and Ramsey I think.
  • Options
    Football is so weird, I know he is young, but I find it hard that he has not managed to ‘crack’ it until maybe now.

He just looks like he has so many tools at his disposal.

Also I love that at the moment he seems to really enjoy playing here. As well as the celebrations, you often see him trying to G up the crowd as well 
    Just needed the right manager to get the best out of him. No coincidence he was a Jones inspired signing.
  • Options
    Without getting too carried away.
    He might be the greatest free signing of all time.
    Best “short term contract to prove yourself” signing since the bloke he replaced on the left side of the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best left back since?

Worried we won’t be able to hang on to him. Looks Championship level based on what we’ve seen so far. 
  • Options
    The kid has been a revelation. He's a unit, rapid, solid technique, able to attack and defend, hardworking, able to keep going for the full 90 mins, crossing is improving. Even showed up out on the right wing a couple of times tonight. He's 19 so we might see a dip in form at somepoint, but at the moment there's nothing to really criticise him over, he seems to do almost everything well.
  • Options
    Football is so weird, I know he is young, but I find it hard that he has not managed to ‘crack’ it until maybe now.

He just looks like he has so many tools at his disposal.

Also I love that at the moment he seems to really enjoy playing here. As well as the celebrations, you often see him trying to G up the crowd as well 
    The way he interacts with the crowd, you'd never believe that he's a kid who's only just arrived. He's fitted in incredibly well, and looks like he's been with us for years.
  • Options
    He’s work rate is unreal

best left back/lwb we have had in a very long time.

at 19 not signing him longer term would be absolutely criminal.

get it done asap
  • Options
    He deserves his own song as well, always shows he’s appreciation to the fans
  • Options
    A a very Good player, if we can hang on to him (&NJ) believe he will go far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the song:

Thieeery, oooo.
    Thieeery, oooo.
    His second name is Small
    He fking hates Millwall

?
  • Options
    He deserves his own song as well, always shows he’s appreciation to the fans
    Has one already
  • Options
    edited March 6
    Valley11 said:
    Is the song:

Thieeery, oooo.
    Thieeery, oooo.
    His second name is Small
    He fking hates Millwall

?
    Nice (Samedo old tune?)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is the song:

Thieeery, oooo.
    Thieeery, oooo.
    His second name is Small
    He fking hates Millwall

?
    Such an old chant.. something more original would be good
  • Options
    edited March 6
    Ooooooooh Thierry Small is magic, he plays in red and white

we signed him from Southampton 

To give your defence a fright.

He plays out on the left, he can play out on the right 

And when he scores for Charlton we will sing this song all night.

• Options
    edited March 6
    Not quite sure how he lost his way so much to go from being Everton's youngest ever player and wanted by Real Madrid to joining Charlton on a free just 3 years later. 

But we absolutely need to get him tied down to a long term deal. In the thread title it says there is a 1 year option. Surely we will at least activate that?
  • Options
    edited March 6
    I'm sure he'll sign an extension if offered because he needs to play football and he'll get that here. Move again and it's another risk that he doesn't need at this point of his career. 
  • Options
    I watched him last night, i wouldn't get carried away just yet. What i mean is by wingers/ wing backs we often hype them up but then we need to find that consistency. 

Looked like he worked his socks off, he was good on the ball, i'd say he does the simple things well, so definitely a good signing so far. Fingers crossed he keeps the enthusiasm and can be a reliable 7+ player most games. 

Impressed from yesterday.