Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thierry Small - one year option triggered and longer deal under discussion (p9)

Comments

• Options
    Reminds me of our signing of Blackett-Taylor, just in terms of the stage of career - young player, early promise but let go by a Premier League team, signed on a free, initial short term deal.

Although a bit younger and hasn't gone via another team first I guess!

Hopefully kicks on after a good debut!  
  • Options
    He was impressive today. Hope he keeps it up and we can get him on a longer deal.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    He’s a big lad and didn’t get brushed off the ball like Edun does. Not only scored but his presence in the box with the initial header and then blocked shot created the chance for Kanu to score. Keep that performance up and the LWB slot will be his to lose.
    It's already his. Fitness permitting.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    RedChaser said:
    He’s a big lad and didn’t get brushed off the ball like Edun does. Not only scored but his presence in the box with the initial header and then blocked shot created the chance for Kanu to score. Keep that performance up and the LWB slot will be his to lose.
    It's already his. Fitness permitting.
    Agreed, fitness is the other thing because I thought he was blowing a bit with half an hour to go, mind you with the effort they all put in first half, it wasn’t surprising and he wasn’t the only one.
  • Options
    He is the sort of signing I hope we make going forwards.  We need some "bankers" with experience but a few pints on young potential which has lost its way is where you hope to unearth the gems.  Hopefully he is one.
    He’s on loan though isn’t he?
  • Options
    ^ No.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    He is the sort of signing I hope we make going forwards.  We need some "bankers" with experience but a few pints on young potential which has lost its way is where you hope to unearth the gems.  Hopefully he is one.
    He was not contracted to any club hence we were able to sign him after the window shut. Contract runs till end of season with option of another year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's amazing(!) how much better we look with proper attacking fullbacks like Small and Ramsay, whoever would have thought it?

Not Andy Scott, apparently.
  • Options
    Looked solid yesterday, I know we have a years option, but would be good to get him on a longer deal before the seasons end...
  • Options
    Promising debut. I hadn't expected him to start a game so soon.
  • Options
    One game does not a player make. He looked pretty good but he had that one awful pass too and that's the things we've had punished throughout this season, the lapses in concentration. He's only 19 so still has a lot of growth and will have ups and downs in that time 
  • Options
    get him signed to a longer deal, he is more than decent
  • Options
    It's a great cross from deep on his weaker foot. Can't recall many full/wingbacks we've had with that in their locker.
  • Options
    The excitement in reviews says a lot about Edun's season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 18
    Kips said:
    JamesSeed said:
    He was not contracted to any club hence we were able to sign him after the window shut. Contract runs till end of season with option of another year. 
    Ah that’s really good news. 👍
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Slow down fellas. Yes, he looked good. But it's just one game. Let's not get too carried away.
    One good game more than Edun or T Watson have ever had for Charlton.
  • Options
    edited February 18
    Off_it said:
    Slow down fellas. Yes, he looked good. But it's just one game. Let's not get too carried away.
    One good game more than Edun or T Watson have ever had for Charlton.
    But the same amount as Todd Kane and Gavin Kilkenny* .....

(*who's first name I had to Google ..... such was his lasting impression)
  • Options
    off to a good start at Bolton .. IF he keeps up 'the good work' he should be signed on .. as ever, we will see
  • Options
    Speaks well, comes across with passion.  I am really intrigued with this signing.  Low risk, high ceiling.  
  • Options
    as he says, an 'accidental goal' .. until I was told otherwise I though Ladapo had scored it
  • Options
    'Any time I play on the pitch for this club I will put my all into it and the fans are definitely going to see passion and hunger.' 🗣️

Thierry Small talks us through his debut goal, settling in and working with Nathan Jones again ⬇️

#cafc

https://x.com/cafcofficial/status/1760990559965999542?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g

That’s a really good interview, if you actually listen to it 😉