Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2024

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Nicky Henderson's Jeriko du Reponet ran a stinker and was pulled up. That's 10 of the last 17 of his that haven't finished their race which is a ridiculous stat given they are all guaranteed to have more than decent engines.  
    There something wrong at Seven Barrows we reckon then, or is even this not a good enough sample size? Sounds worrying.
    We'll know a lot more once we see another one or two run. He's had one winner in that lot but, as much a concern, is the fact that he didn't send out a single runner for 8 days. They are all tested but sometimes these things don't come to light immediately but the other thing is that they aren't necessarily all stabled/train in the same area or with the same horses. 
    Excello pulled up too. That was a real test but the horse went from travelling to stopping as if he had been shot!

Luccia ran a fine race to take 3rd but Iberico Lord (that £18,000 to supplement the horse is a bit of a hole in the pocket) was yet another to go out like a light. 
    Henderson has just said that he has has scoped them all but he has admitted that there is something wrong with a lot of them and he can't get a gauge on which ones are under the weather. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Nicky Henderson's Jeriko du Reponet ran a stinker and was pulled up. That's 10 of the last 17 of his that haven't finished their race which is a ridiculous stat given they are all guaranteed to have more than decent engines.  
    There something wrong at Seven Barrows we reckon then, or is even this not a good enough sample size? Sounds worrying.
    We'll know a lot more once we see another one or two run. He's had one winner in that lot but, as much a concern, is the fact that he didn't send out a single runner for 8 days. They are all tested but sometimes these things don't come to light immediately but the other thing is that they aren't necessarily all stabled/train in the same area or with the same horses. 
    Excello pulled up too. That was a real test but the horse went from travelling to stopping as if he had been shot!

Luccia ran a fine race to take 3rd but Iberico Lord (that £18,000 to supplement the horse is a bit of a hole in the pocket) was yet another to go out like a light. 
    It won't make much of a hole in JP's pocket!
    De Boinville looked stunned by how bad Iberico Lord ran.
    Luccia running so well just confuses matters.
  • Options
    edited March 12
    PaddyP17 said:

Henderson has just said that he has has scoped them all but he has admitted that there is something wrong with a lot of them and he can't get a gauge on which ones are under the weather. 
    Both Henderson's runners pulled up making it 14 of his last 22 that have done so. Having questioned the form of his horses in the last couple of weeks, I was an idiot in backing Iberico Lord. His stable won't be carrying any more of my money that's for sure! 
  • Options
    Anyone remember the days when we actually had a chance of winning the Prestbury Cup? The Irish have been a best priced 1.05 on Betfair to do so and having won five of the first six races they are now 1.01. Some would argue that it is a licence to print money backing them at even that price!
  • Options
    Sick of the Irish. They've ruined this sport. Mullins can piss off. Him, his hat and his horses.

In other news I've lost a score on bets. 
  • Options
    edited March 12
    Had Nadawi e/w in the last race. Bit of an e/w punt on Salvador Ziggy in the next. Boosted 14/1 on 365. Think that was very good and should be ½ that price. 365 paying 3 places too. 
  • Options
    On ziggy in the last 22/1 on the nose
  • Options
    Well that was disappointing!!!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    On ziggy in the last 22/1 on the nose
    May well have bled again. 
    2 bets, 2 PUs.
    A man's got to know his limitations
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last race was a procession, only amateur jockey to trust, something very wrong at 7 Barrows
  • Options
    £70 up on the day.
    I know a lot of people don't like the bookies.
    For me though who is always going to have a bet , these offers and free bets they offer keeps me out the red.
    At least 4 bookies were offering money back as a free bet. A couple were offering free bets.
    For some if you were betting a fiver a race today would of only cost £20 instead of £35 and you'd of had 4 runners in the 1st.
    Of course its not the same for some of us that have had some offers / free bets on us
  • Options
    Surprised the placepot return was so poor today. £45! Particularly considering the last leg. 
    Won it for a quid with 4 lines permed. Was expecting nearer £100. 

• Options
    Thought that too, though with what Mullins has tomorrow it'll probably pay a free lucky dip
  • Options
    Great day as always at the festival less pricks on the early days

Needed a win in the last to cover but didn’t quite happen
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    £70 up on the day.
    I know a lot of people don't like the bookies.
    For me though who is always going to have a bet , these offers and free bets they offer keeps me out the red.
    At least 4 bookies were offering money back as a free bet. A couple were offering free bets.
    For some if you were betting a fiver a race today would of only cost £20 instead of £35 and you'd of had 4 runners in the 1st.
    Of course its not the same for some of us that have had some offers / free bets on us
    It’s woeful compared to how it used to be. 
  • Options
    Shit day! About 50% down. Winner in the last was the saving grace.
  • Options
    Sister picks...She had 3 winners today

1.30 Ballyburn

2.10 Fact to file

2.50 So Majeste

3.30 El; Fabiolo

4.10 Minella Indo

4.50 Libery hunter

• Options
    Down about 15% of my feebly small stakes so worth it for the entertainment. Supposed to be painting the bathroom though, so it's getting in the way a bit
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Down about 15% of my feebly small stakes so worth it for the entertainment. Supposed to be painting the bathroom though, so it's getting in the way a bit
    I’m supposed to be working which is getting in the way a bit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 out of 7 for me today. Better than my usual 0 from 7 
  • Options
    Me for tomorrow go well

1.30 handstands
    2.10 stay away fay
    2.50 ballyadam/doddie the great
    3.30 jonbon/edwardstone 
    4.10 foxy jacks
    4.50 path d’roux/harpers brook/the folkes tiara
    5.30 Argento boy/quebecious/yellow clay
  • Options
    Had Firefox ew and a price boost on State Man to evens, only my unrequited devotion to @PeanutsMolloy threw me a curve ball with his Ultima ew. So ended marginally up. Annoyingly didn’t get to watch a second of it :-( 
  • Options

My picks for tomorrow. Placepot and Nadawi today has me 50% up. These'll be in my placepot tomorrow. Hopefully, Mullins has an off day tomorrow 🙏 
  • Options
    Today's losers:

1.30 - carrying over BALLYBURN, also adding 0.5pts e/w on PREDATORS GOLD - 10/1

2.10 - no bet. (Maybe Monty’s Star?)

2.50 - 0.5pts e/w JIGORO - 14/1; 0.5pts e/w SHANBALLY KID

3.30 - I think this is wider open than the market for El Fabiolo suggests. Mullins has been bombproof on day 1 but I will take a little chance elsewhere, hoping one of the top two mess up their jumping, and that Edwardstone or Captain Guinness just don’t show up: 0/5pts e/w ELIXIR DE NUTZ - 28/1

4.10 - 1pt win COKO BEACH - 11/4. (I may play FOXY JACKS e/w but not sure.)

4.50 - 1pt e/w SAINT ROI - 15/2; 1pt e/w SA FUREUR - 8/1

5.30 - 0.5pts e/w BILL JOYCE - 50/1. One of a. 0.5pts e/w FLEUR AU FUSIL - 14/1, OR b. 0.5pts e/w SIXMILEBRIDGE, 18/1 [maybe both if day goes well!]

• Options
    edited March 13
    Had Firefox ew and a price boost on State Man to evens, only my unrequited devotion to @PeanutsMolloy threw me a curve ball with his Ultima ew. So ended marginally up. Annoyingly didn’t get to watch a second of it :-( 
    Grovelling apologies @AFKABartram
    Like many, I tend to be hot or cold on individual days at Cheltenham but yesterday I was positively cryogenic.
    Try Coko Beach to make amends in the XC this afternoon ..... (or not).
    Or just save your money and put it all on the GN, which I Am Maximus WILL win if he gets round without interference (a largish IF admittedly in any GN). 
  • Options
    We’ve been getting some information that Kingston Pride (champion bumper) is an absolute gun from its owner. Take it with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed 
  • Options
    We’ve been getting some information that Kingston Pride (champion bumper) is an absolute gun from its owner. Take it with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed 
    When did you hear that?...he looks to now be a non runner
  • Options
    edited March 13
    XC has been abandoned.
    Big issues for GN preps or lack thereof !!