Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2024

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 15
    Boring but can't see past Galopin Des Champs in the next... I do like Corach Rambler though.

2pt win GDC & 1pt win w/o fave Corach Rambler.
    Should've done Corach each way... :-)

Next couple...

Premier Magic 1pt e/w, Sine Nomine 1pt e/w, Time Leader 0.5pt e/w

Riviere D'Etel 1pt e/w, Pink Legend 0.5pt e/w

Ocastle Des Mottes, What's Up Darling, Mel Monroe, Yeats Star all 0.5pt e/w each
  • Options
    Corach Rambler is a beast 
  • Options
    5.30 Waterford Whispers. 
  • Options
    On with a lot of those in the front three or four in the market today but one that is different in that respect is Time Leader in the Hunter Chase at 4.10 (backed it at 48.0 on Betfair). The race has thrown up loads of big priced, lesser known lights over the years and this one fits the bill in that respect. 
    What a result that might have been. Lay for small was matched in running and it actually hit a low of 1.75. Still a fantastic run for a permit holder, beaten by another small stable and the "talking horse".  
  • Options
    Sine Nomine wins and Marsh Wren clings to third. I'll take that.
  • Options
    Corach sure to be antepost GN clear favourite now
    I think you are under estimating the Peanuts Molloy Charlton Life collective who have the numbers to move the market.
  • Options
    Finally a couple of winners today
    Probably ended up slightly down overall but was fun
  • Options
    Boring but can't see past Galopin Des Champs in the next... I do like Corach Rambler though.

2pt win GDC & 1pt win w/o fave Corach Rambler.
    Should've done Corach each way... :-)

Next couple...

Premier Magic 1pt e/w, Sine Nomine 1pt e/w, Time Leader 0.5pt e/w

Riviere D'Etel 1pt e/w, Pink Legend 0.5pt e/w

Ocastle Des Mottes, What's Up Darling, Mel Monroe, Yeats Star all 0.5pt e/w each
    Went a bit cold the last couple of races but was well up by that point. My best ever set of Cheltenham results by far...
  • Options
    35p up on the day
    £180 for the festival.
    I'd like to thank the bookies for the offers
    13/2 , 9/2 winners both £10 free bets
    8/1 11/2 both £5 free bets.
    Every little helps
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Corach sure to be antepost GN clear favourite now
    I think you are under estimating the Peanuts Molloy Charlton Life collective who have the numbers to move the market.

I can move (still) a market with a phone call ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    1.30 Salver (Win)
    2.10 Magical Zoe (EW)
    2.50 Captain Teague (Win)
    3.30 Gerry Colombe (Win)
    4.10 It's on the Line (Win) Samcro (EW)
    4.50 Allegorie De Vassy (Win)
    5.30 Sonigino (EW)

Agent Munro leading us astray with his selection of pulled-ups. Clearly still in the pay of Ms Coates after all. 
  • Options
    Really wasn't feeling it this year and I've no idea why? Had a winner in the very first race on Tuesday and a placepot but was a bit meh about the whole thing. Not sure if it was the weather or Mullins annihilating pretty much everything in his path?
  • Options
    If you were an owner then you'd want the best, same as sending a kid to private school. That's why JP is so good for the game, spreads his horses around. 
  • Options
    If you were an owner then you'd want the best, same as sending a kid to private school. That's why JP is so good for the game, spreads his horses around. 
    Totally agree. And he looks after them when they’re retired.
  • Options

Spot on - JP is a very decent man in all respects.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    bobmunro said:
    1.30 Salver (Win)
    2.10 Magical Zoe (EW)
    2.50 Captain Teague (Win)
    3.30 Gerry Colombe (Win)
    4.10 It's on the Line (Win) Samcro (EW)
    4.50 Allegorie De Vassy (Win)
    5.30 Sonigino (EW)

Agent Munro leading us astray with his selection of pulled-ups. Clearly still in the pay of Ms Coates after all. 

As I said to someone there today - it's a bit like Hotel California. I've checked out but I can never leave!

Also bear in mind that I'm a shit horse racing judge!
  • Options
    edited March 16
    bobmunro said:

Spot on - JP is a very decent man in all respects.
    Gave €1M to each county in Ireland for GAA.
  • Options
    ticket prices frozen for a short period for 2025

club enclosure for weds and thursday is £86.00 per day 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Don’t open an account with BetMGM if they’re going to behave like this (not mine btw, just seen it on Twitter)

• Options
    edited March 22
    A couple of my mates who opened an a/c for the Cheltenham free bets have closed them already after they reneged on free bet offers, app going down etc etc.