Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2024

Comments

• Options
    We’ve been getting some information that Kingston Pride (champion bumper) is an absolute gun from its owner. Take it with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed 
    That guy seems a little deluded on twitter. Henderson pulls out Jonbon, first Street, kingston pride
  • Options
    Scrap that non runner 😂
  • Options
    Mike said:
    We’ve been getting some information that Kingston Pride (champion bumper) is an absolute gun from its owner. Take it with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed 
    That guy seems a little deluded on twitter. Henderson pulls out Jonbon, first Street, kingston pride
    Yeah think he’s just a muppet 
  • Options
    Shame about the XC, my favourite race aesthetically. The Henderson issue is a bit worrying tbh.
  • Options
    I went for a Barnsley, Derby, Lincoln and Portsmouth accumulator. Turned out better than the horses.

Not touching many races today - theres a ridiculously short priced favourite in several, suggesting that even if you do an each-way, half the stake is wasted. So back to painting the bathroom...
  • Options
    Mine for today-:
    Lucky 15 (e/w) and a separate 4 fold acca (e/w) -13.30  Ile Atlantique @ 11/2, 14.50 Sa Majeste @ 5/1, 16.50 Liberty Hunter @ 4/1, 17.30 Jasmin De Vaux @ 9/2. 
  • Options
    edited March 13
    As a result of the abandonment of the XC race, revised times as follows for the rest of the card:

1.30 now 1.45
    2.10 now 2.30
    2.50 now 3.15
    3.30 now 4.00
    4.50 as was
    5.30 as was
  • Options
    Update from Nicky Henderson:

• Options
    1.45 Ballyburn (one to watch rather than punt)
    2.30 Stay Away Fay (Mullins can f*ck of!)
    3.15 Sa Majeste (welcome back Mullins)
    4.00 El Fabiolo (again no bet, just to watch)
    4.50 Maskada
    5.30 You Oughta Know

Mullins gets to his century today.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    I went for a Barnsley, Derby, Lincoln and Portsmouth accumulator. Turned out better than the horses.

Not touching many races today - theres a ridiculously short priced favourite in several, suggesting that even if you do an each-way, half the stake is wasted. So back to painting the bathroom...
    Yes, it was a good evening last night...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was impressive from Ballyburn. Mullins with the first five. It's a monopoly. 
  • Options
    Barely came off the Bridle. Very impressive.
  • Options
    Mullins dominance making it a bit boring
  • Options
    Talking about Nicky Henderson and his horses running to poorly "It's not good for the game. We need competition". I'm sure, upon reflection, he will recognise the irony of his comment. 
  • Options
    The point has been made on Racing UK that this could be a watershed moment for British National Hunt racing. Nicholls and Henderson both had horses in the race and neither were sighted. The French horses and ones from the point to point fields are there for all to buy but, unfortunately, even the owners based on this side of the water are sending them over to Mullins.
  • Options
    That was impressive from Ballyburn. Mullins with the first five. It's a monopoly. 
    And Bet365 offering evens.
    Lovely
  • Options
    Don't know what's happened to Nicholls over the years. The days of Kauto and Denman are long gone.
    I remember reading his autobiography and he came across as a bit of a  prickly character. Maybe owners are giving him a wide berth because they don't get on with him.
  • Options
    Don't know what's happened to Nicholls over the years. The days of Kauto and Denman are long gone.
    I remember reading his autobiography and he came across as a bit of a  prickly character. Maybe owners are giving him a wide berth because they don't get on with him.
    Stay Away Fay ran as if it were an inmate of Seven Barrows!
  • Options
    edited March 13
    I’ve not even had a bet today, this is boring. Too many dominated races by the same faces.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    1.45 Ballyburn (one to watch rather than punt)
    2.30 Stay Away From The Front Fay (Mullins can f*ck of!)
    3.15 Sa Majeste (welcome back Mullins)
    4.00 El Fabiolo (again no bet, just to watch)
    4.50 Maskada
    5.30 You Oughta Know

Mullins gets to his century today.

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mullins only has 3 out of 21 in the next, chance for another Irish trainer to win maybe?
  • Options
    I’ve not even had a bet today, this is boring. Too many dominated races by the same faces.
    It's been an absolute dream to watch from a betting perspective. No one has let the side down yet. Need El Fab to do the business for quite easily the best start to the festival i've had.
  • Options
    For your small stake punters it's been crap
  • Options
    Mike said:
    For your small stake punters it's been crap
    Which is what I am at the best of time. Complete snore fest.
  • Options
    The Skeltons have pulled a bit of a stroke there!!!

Wins Coral Cup last year off 141. Followed by 6/7 (147), PU (147), 9/11 (145), 14/19 (143) and becomes the first to win the Coral Cup back to back (141) 
  • Options
    Ladies day now rebranded as ‘style wednesday’
    what a load of bollocks
  • Options
    Without going overboard, both Henderson horses ran well. 
  • Options
    Urgh, I've had horses knocking at the door but nowhere close to being first through it so far. Touch wood I can find a winner - just the one will do me, given the prices I've had a small dig at, and places I've had so far...
  • Options
    El Fabiolo pulled up!