Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2024

Comments

• Options
    Singles
    Grey Dawning win 13:30
    Conflated win 14:50

Treble:
    Le Milos 14:10
    Teahupoo 15:30
    Brighterdaysahead 16:50

Lucky 15 ew
    Iroko 13:30
    Cletus Poolaw 14:10
    Stage Star 14:50
    Artic Bresil 16:10

Mixed bag yesterday did ok, but could have been a lot better if Fab had come in £170 for a 5fold

Be lucky
    Quite an overlap with my own pin-sticking.  Fingers crossed!

• Options

1.30 - 1pt win GINNY’S DESTINY - 5/1; 0.5pts e/w SHARJAH - 25/1 

2.10 - 1pt win CUTHBERT DIBBLE - 9/2; 0.5pts e/w EMITOM - 22/1 (I’ve taken the silly 8pl though with Sky at 20s); 0.75pts e/w POPOVA - 9/1

2.50 - 1pt win STAGE STAR - 5/1; 0.5pts e/w AHOY SENOR - 16/1 

3.30 - already have Flooring Porter e/w at 50s (back from when the shout was the NHC and before people clocked on to the switch back), so will add 0.5pts e/w PAISLEY PARK - 12/1. Hopefully this throws up a good race basically.

4.10 - 1pt e/w ARCTIC BRESIL - 13/2; 0.5pts e/w RIAAN - 18/1 or 20/1 (taken 18s with Sky for extra place)

4.50 - 2pts win JADE DE GRUGY - 15/8. Each way, which for once I’m not doing, would be Majestic Force, at the prices.

5.30 - 0.75pts e/w WHACKER CLAN - 9/1, 0.5pts e/w DOM OF MARY - 14/1; 0.5pts e/w CEPAGE - 66/1 w/365; 0.5pts e/w CLOUDY GLEN - 20/1

• Options
    Sisters tips

Facile Rega
    Cithbert dibble
    Stage Star
    Teahuppo
    Cre Billy
    Brighter days ahead
    Cludy Glen
  • Options
    edited March 14
    I thought I'd put this up to help those who need to eliminate the no-hopers!

Looks trickier today (the Thursday always is!)

1.30 Djelo (E.W)
    2.10 Gabbys Cross (Win) Emiton (EW)
    2.50 Envoi Allen (Win)
    3.30 Sir Gerhard (Win)
    4.10 Arctic Brazil (Win) Glengouly (EW)
    4.50 Birdy or Bust (EW assuming 8 runners)
    5.30 Whacker Clan (Win)

• Options
    1.30 Greydawning
    2.10 Cuthbert  dibble  and Emitom ew 
    2.50 protectorat and banbridge
    3.30 crambo and paisley park
    4.10 shake em up Harry 
    4.50Brightdayahead 
    5.30 Angel Dawn 

• Options
    One/two/three for the Brits!!!
  • Options
    The good old British handicapper has been doing his bit for us - 1,2,3,4,5 for us! 
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Best day for the small stakes punters so far, big fields and can throw a few darts at the board and always feel like there's some excitement coming down to the last fence.

Took a group of five in the Pertemps and thankfully Bold Endeavour & Emitom came through in fourth and fifth.

Three darts for this next one: Stage Star 1.5pts e/w, Protektorat 1pt e/w, Ahoy Señor 0.5pt e/w. Front runners do well in this race so taking the three that like front running seems a good simple strategy. :-)
  • Options
    Smuggled in a couple places with Emitom and Popova but both drifted. Sky's 8pl, though, means I get a return on Popova rather than not at all!

Come on, let me get one through...
  • Options
    The most enjoyable aspect of Cheltenham these days is not having to put up with a somewhat ungracious Michael O'Leary. To think he took all his horses from Willie Mullins because he wanted a top class service at rock bottom prices (he probably thinks he provides the same for his passengers!). Whatever did happen to Willie after that? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 14
    We went yesterday and it was our best Cheltenham experience ever I think.
    Whilst being extremely busy it wasn't as ridiculously packed as usual.
    Our train carriage was more than half empty, the wait to board a bus was only 10 mins, there was no queuing at the Club enclosure bar, nor food, nor toilets.
    Yes there were people all around and very close, but no waiting for more than a minute.
    So much more relaxing.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/2024/03/13/cheltenham-day-two-crowd-continues-alarming-drop-in-festival-attendances/

• Options
    The Skeltons have pulled a bit of a stroke there!!!

Wins Coral Cup last year off 141. Followed by 6/7 (147), PU (147), 9/11 (145), 14/19 (143) and becomes the first to win the Coral Cup back to back (141) 
    Followed by another one in the shape of Unexpected Party:

5/6 (146)
    4/4 (144)
    9/12 (141)
    Wins the ultra competitive 16 runner Grand Annual (138) 
    Might be worth siding with Protektorat tomorrow then. 
    Great shout. Hope you were on!
  • Options
    There was a period during the season when the Skeltons couldn't buy a winner. They obviously had other targets in mind!
  • Options
    Best day for the small stakes punters so far, big fields and can throw a few darts at the board and always feel like there's some excitement coming down to the last fence.

Took a group of five in the Pertemps and thankfully Bold Endeavour & Emitom came through in fourth and fifth.

Three darts for this next one: Stage Star 1.5pts e/w, Protektorat 1pt e/w, Ahoy Señor 0.5pt e/w. Front runners do well in this race so taking the three that like front running seems a good simple strategy. :-)
    Pleased with that, even if he wasn't the one setting the pace himself. Jumped the last really well to fend off Envoi Allen...

Next: Crambo 1pt win in w/o fave market and Buddy One 0.5pt e/w.

• Options
    Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought my one AP poke was going to save my festival after Teahupoo guessed at the 2nd last. I've rather brought myself back with Flooring Porter in 2nd though given I had 1pt e/w at 50s
  • Options
    edited March 14

Pleased with that, even if he wasn't the one setting the pace himself. Jumped the last really well to fend off Envoi Allen...

Buddy One runs through for 4th at 40/1. Disappointed with Crambo.

Gone with Shakem Uparry, Saint Felicien, Riaan and Glengouly all e/w for the Plate...
  • Options
    My 2 today, with more rain expected at lunchtime:

3.30 Noble Yeats 
    4.10 Glengouly 20/1 e/w
    Did a bit of a copycat move here, looks like the ground hasn't deteriorated as we might like? Glengouly a bit of a hedge given I've not gone ante on the GN yet...
  • Options
    My 2 today, with more rain expected at lunchtime:

3.30 Noble Yeats 
    4.10 Glengouly 20/1 e/w
    Did a bit of a copycat move here, looks like the ground hasn't deteriorated as we might like? Glengouly a bit of a hedge given I've not gone ante on the GN yet...
    Times suggest more GS than Soft today and he was a bit keen, which didn't help.
    Assuming he's OK, it was a decent enough blow as a prep for the GN, if that's where he heads.
    Jumped nicely today as he usually does but obviously needs a trip on that sort of ground. 
  • Options
    edited March 14

Buddy One runs through for 4th at 40/1. Disappointed with Crambo.

Gone with Shakem Uparry, Saint Felicien, Riaan and Glengouly all e/w for the Plate...
    Been a good day today - 2 winners (8/1, 17/2) and 3 places (50/1, 25/1, 40/1). Not really got much interest in this next race, no real history behind it and two short prices.

Of the two I'll put a small amount on the bigger price one. Jade De Grugy 0.5pt win.
  • Options
    PWR

whats a good EW bet for the Gold Cup?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow. 2 Taunton wins to a Cheltenham festival win. That doesn't happen too often.
  • Options
    Well the Brits have fought back massively. Great for Jeremy Scott to beat a couple of talking horses.  
  • Options
    PWR

whats a good EW bet for the Gold Cup?
    Galopin Des Champs on the nose, just lump on it.

While that is the correct answer, it is incredibly boring, so if you want an EW play - overnight rain would bring NASSALAM (33/1) into minor honours contention, while 2023 Grand National winner CORACH RAMBLER (16/1) could well be in the mix. We don't know how good that horse can be. Of the two I'd go with Corach Rambler as I think the forecast won't help Nassalam.

Finally, I do wonder if Gentlemansgame (22/1) could be an improver - while only beating Bravemansgame by 1.75L in November, with 6lb in its favour, he's fairly lightly raced and could yet come on further.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Four for the last: Whacker Clan, Where It All Began, Rapper and Denmat all e/w.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Raining again, Where It All Began to (hopefully) get me out of Cheltenham jail.
    A couple of quid on Annual Invictus as they're paying 6 places. 
  • Options
    Wow. A cake walk by one of JP's home breds.
    Half brother of Limerick Lace who holds a GN entry.
  • Options
    Raining again, Where It All Began to (hopefully) get me out of Cheltenham jail.
    A couple of quid on Annual Invictus as they're paying 6 places. 
    FFS I'm the one man having a worse Festival than Henderson.
  • Options
    Wow. A cake walk by one of JP's home breds.
    Half brother of Limerick Lace who holds a GN entry.
    Another crooked smuggle into a big handicap, mind. Not quite as blatant as the Skeltons mind but even so!
  • Options
    The Skeltons have pulled a bit of a stroke there!!!

Wins Coral Cup last year off 141. Followed by 6/7 (147), PU (147), 9/11 (145), 14/19 (143) and becomes the first to win the Coral Cup back to back (141) 
    Followed by another one in the shape of Unexpected Party:

5/6 (146)
    4/4 (144)
    9/12 (141)
    Wins the ultra competitive 16 runner Grand Annual (138) 
    Might be worth siding with Protektorat tomorrow then. 
    Great shout. Hope you were on!
    Had Protektorat and Shakem Up,arry in a little e/w L15. Had them with Iroko and Farouk D'Alene. £30 up so another good day. 
    Wished I'd done a single bet on it after what I was reading on here yesterday - could just sense Protektorat had a better chance at that price.