Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth: Saturday 24th February 2024 | KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Haha @Gribbo on Charltontv
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Lloyd Jones MOTM for me today 
    easily
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Isted’s been quality. 
    But I though people were certain he wasn't good enough for L1 after seeing him play 5 games at the start!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fancied us for a point today and still think we go on a little run from Northampton onwards. I thought both sides lacked quality but that's the sort of football you need to play in our position. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    We offer so little going forwards, Kanu and May put in so much effort with hardly any support from the midfield. Bakinson was poor, Thomas's passing gets worse each week and our set pieces were dreadful. Nice to get a clean sheet but there's a lack of creative quality across the team. Only 2 teams won less games than us.
    Cheerie Fecker aint yer !
    But he's not wrong. Those two short corners we took were criminal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yessssss a good point loads better well done you Reds 
  • Options
    Great to see Jones perform so well after a really shaky opening. Anderson has looked transformed and you now wouldn't leave him out. Keep up this effort and energy and the wins will come. 
  • Options
    Solid performance. I just hope Jones can keep building the confidence levels even without wins.
    Alfie is looking like being a bit of a casualty in the Jones regime. Maybe we were playing a system to suit him a bit too much previously and it was costing us defensively?I don't know.
    But it's all about the clean sheets for me and hopefully we will scrape a bit of creativity from somewhere in the run in.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Haha @Gribbo on Charltontv
    Ace face mate
  • Options
    Positive interpretation: 3 games unbeaten
    Negative interpretation: haven't actually won a game for ages.

Definitely seeing improvements and overall very impressed with the Jones effect but we really do need to start turning 1 point into 3 quite quickly.