Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Northampton Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    When he said good footballing side, he meant a bunch of softies. The type of refs we have at this level, a minimum approach is kick or be kicked.
  • Options
    “When we came to the Valley a few weeks ago Charlton rolled over and let us tickle their tummy and now they don’t let us do that and I’m upset by it”

Playing the kind of football he loved facing no doubt. Funny
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Appleton? Good footballing side?

Fuckoff!
  • Options
    Said Michael Appleton’s bff, Jon Brady 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    we started passing it out from the keeper at the back in the second half - pretty sure that's the first time we've done that under NJ and i'm pretty sure that's the first 'gift' we've given under NJ - the 2 things aren't unrelated if u ask me - hopefully NJ tells them that its not to happen again - can only assume it was an instruction at half time - i hope we don't see it again - also think anderson should have been hooked at half time - looked like it was one game too many for him - just hoping chucks is fit for tuesday coz ladapo has been one big disappointment - coventry, reg, gillesphy and small all looking like good additions     
    Suspect the wind conditions that were spoken about on Charlton TV had something to do with.

Don’t kick it into the wind and have goal kicks come up 20 yards short is probably not the worst strategy to employ. Bit us in the arse in an obvious way but the majority of the half we completely negated any sort of potential pressure of not being boxed into our own half by not kicking it long into the wind.
    Well i know its easy to say in hindsight but to change your whole style of play - and revert to an error strewn style that we had moved on from - because our kicks wouldn't be going as far as we might want, was the wrong call - as was leaving anderson on - nobody is perfect, not even NJ and i'm 100% behind him - but they were 2 decisions he got wrong - anyway, on to cheltenham - wins like at derby felt doubley sweet because they've been so hard to come by and we've shot ourselves in the foot so often - lets get back to minimal risk football and hopefully get some consecutive wins in the bag and start looking to the summer and next season.  
    But all our subs made us worse.
    So if we'd subbed Anderson for Campbell at HT we may well have lost.
    Yes. We had Jones, Camara and Aneke out for this match. Any one of them would have been better  than the subs we actually used.
    I didn't understand why Bakinson wasn't brought on for Anderson when we were leading, to give fresh legs in midfield.
    Exactly - he should have been 
  • Options
    I'd rather develop a talent like Karoy Anderson than rely on 22yr olds that can't get anywhere near Brighton's first team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 5
    Anyone would think they don't like it up'em  Mr Mannering.

(With apologies to anyone under 60 years old for the outrageously dated popular culture metaphor)