Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Northampton Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd March 2024 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    I feel sorry for Isted... No doubt Jones who previously made not one rickett but three will understand, but nobody is mentioning that calamity. 

Let's hope Alfie and Kanu can make it up to Harry by banging them in on Tuesday with Alfie having more incentive than most. 

Why would we be talking about Lloyd Jones' calamities months later?
    We did on the match day, the same as we are on the match day of Isted's calamity.
    Bizarre, isn't it?

I mean, we could all play that game and bring in random facts from the past. But that's all irrelevant.
  • Options
    These freak mistakes that we’ve seen all too often this season happen to every club. Let’s just hope under Jones, with the defence looking a lot better, the Isted one is a rare case rather than a weekly occurrence as it had been under Appleton.

Will be interesting to see who Lloyd jones comes in for on Tuesday as feel Gilleshey has nailed his spot down, if his fitness allows
  • Options
    His second error in the same incident cost us. First, Thomas shouldn't have had to pass it back to him he should have been out to smother.

A sickening loss of two pts.
  • Options
    Sickening end to a game we should have won. Christ what a mistake just kick the ball why do goalkeepers try and do the pissing about in the box routine. So frustrating. Lapado total waste of space. Looks absolutely hopeless. Why he came on who knows. Ahhhhhhhhhh😡
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    His second error in the same incident cost us. First, Thomas shouldn't have had to pass it back to him he should have been out to smother.

A sickening loss of two pts.
    Thomas should have leathered it out wide to either side than play it back to Isted with three attackers pressing him. 
  • Options
    Brown59 said:
    Sickening end to a game we should have won. Christ what a mistake just kick the ball why do goalkeepers try and do the pissing about in the box routine. So frustrating. Lapado total waste of space. Looks absolutely hopeless. Why he came on who knows. Ahhhhhhhhhh😡
    Common sense says saving Kanu & May for our most important game of the season on Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2
    Oh dear same old individual fuck ups exist that cost us results.  I know that things like this happen in League 1, but until we eradicate them, we will stay in league 1.

An talking out of my pocket. The twat cost me over £400 in winning bets…. It was a women’s premier league error.
  • Options
    We dominated that game. We really should have been 2 or 3 up before we gifted them their equalizer. The only real chance they had and we handed it on a plate. I’m sure NJ was livid and I don’t blame him. Onwards and upwards though. That performance was very encouraging. We are slowly moving away from the bottom 4 and dragging more clubs into the mix. 
  • Options
    No such thing as a perfect keeper, but we do seem to like trying to look like we know what we are doing in playing it short.
    some serious defensive training needed, or maybe a realism check that sometimes just bloody hoof it upfield 🤔
    I am sure NJ will get it sorted by Tuesday,,, bloody hope so…
    How was the op mate?  F*** today your health is more important.
    Cheers Elf’s…
    Well, the surgeon was happy, and apparently the norm is next day sent home, but can’t say that I feel that is on, apparently If you have an early admission, mine was 12-15, then it could be same day😫
    But it went ok must say, apart from the obvious pain, the f’in catheter, and now for the weeks of physio, and of course next Tuesday…🙏
    Pm you tomorrow, keep your chin up as in good hands <3
  • Options
    No such thing as a perfect keeper, but we do seem to like trying to look like we know what we are doing in playing it short.
    some serious defensive training needed, or maybe a realism check that sometimes just bloody hoof it upfield 🤔
    I am sure NJ will get it sorted by Tuesday,,, bloody hope so…
    How was the op mate?  F*** today your health is more important.
    Cheers Elf’s…
    Well, the surgeon was happy, and apparently the norm is next day sent home, but can’t say that I feel that is on, apparently If you have an early admission, mine was 12-15, then it could be same day😫
    But it went ok must say, apart from the obvious pain, the f’in catheter, and now for the weeks of physio, and of course next Tuesday…🙏
    We'll smash it on Tuesday. You just rest up and take it easy. 
  • Options
    Oh dear same old individual fuck ups exist that cost us results.  I know that things like this happen in League 1, but until we eradicate them, we will stay in league 1.

An talking out of my pocket. The twat cost me over £400 in winning bets…. It was a women’s premier league error.

You obviously didn't see the amount of errors de Gea and Lloris did when they were at United and Spurs in their last couple of seasons.

Cock up for Isted but if the goals from open play hadn't dried up for May then we would've had enough to compensate for the heavy touch of the keeper.

We need to be at the races for 100 minutes on Tuesday as it's a six pointer in the sense of a big swing to the victor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2
    Champs85 said:
    REG and Coventry were brilliant today, Small seems a player too. Dobson was poor though and I don’t think him and Coventry should be in the same lineup. Despite the goal Anderson was below par but don’t blame him, he’s young and played alot of minutes recently. 

Dare I say it, but I’d have liked to see Scott Fraser have a run out in this team. 
    That will be the Fraser who was described this week as honking by a Hearts fan.
    "Seemed to get caught in possession every time he got the ball and when they had it they were strolling past him.
    I was surprised he wasn’t pulled off at half time , offered absolutely nothing all night."
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/93435/scott-fraser-pg-29-joins-hearts-on-loan-for-rest-of-season/p30
  • Options
    Come on Isted did make a mistake and cost us the game, but the same could be said about Dylan Phillips, but because we won at at Wembley in a far important game, it didn’t seem to matter and he. had a great season the following season.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Come on Isted did make a mistake and cost us the game, but the same could be said about Dylan Phillips, but because we won at at Wembley in a far important game, it didn’t seem to matter and he. had a great season the following season.
    The same was said about Dillon Phillips and you're still saying it now years later  ;)