Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley : Saturday 6th April 2024 : KO 15:00

123457»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    These videos are useful and all that, but they keep doing this thing where they put ads for other stuff up for the last 20 seconds, so you can’t see what’s going on. Couldn’t see Chuks’ penalty in this one (so maybe that’s a blessing on this occasion?) I don’t know if there’s a way to clear the ads or something, but it’s pretty annoying when you can’t see the thing you want to watch because you’re forced to see something you don’t.
    Just need to make the vidéos with 20 seconds of replays at the end.

Many thanks to those who upload them however. Not all of us have access to Sky and it avoids being obliged to watch all the goals of other teams on TV just to see our goals.
    You don't need access to Sky, just go their website.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11672/13108344/championship-league-one-and-league-two-live
    think if you're in france you might not be able to click on skysports stuff but i'm guessing
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    That's us safe, even if not quite mathematically. Here's hoping the work on a team rebuild, can now get moving at pace. Interesting that only Lapado and Bakinson have been fixtures on the team sheet whilst the other loanee's, Camara and Watson have been tried and left out, whilst Terry Taylor hasn't made the bench. Nathan Jones has set up a team that has a harder edge to it, a lot more managers are going to play Charlton and moan about not getting this decision or that Charlton are in 'your face'. There are a number of players, now out on loan, who's futures lie away from the Valley, my count is seven, at least to go. Decisions must me made on offering contracts to Lua Lua, Wickham and Small, the last one is a no brainer in my opinion, and with the way Jones sets the team up, we might not need wholesale changes, maybe three incoming. Seems to me that if you don't fit the way Jones wants the team to play then you don't have future under him, and with all this in mind, I will be renewing my season ticket this week. 
    Just three incoming? Aiming for a top ten finish next season are we?
  • Options
    Better angle of the free kick in  this clip. AWFUL defensive set up, with terrible positioning by their keeper

• Options
    Totally wrong footed the keeper think he give him the eyes as well 
  • Options
    I have no doubt we’ll see another GK come in during the summer. Isted replaced AMB as soon as Jones arrived, so I’m not convinced NJ sees the current pair as what he ultimately wants. I’ve said all season that I don’t think either of Isted or AMB are promotion winning GK’s. Of the two I’d retain Isted. 
    Isted was excellent on Saturday .. his reading of the game was top drawer even through he only had one real save to make his decision making was spot on and got Anderson and Thomas out of a couple of tricky situations 
    What about when he came charging out of his area in the first half and was left in no man’s land, only dodgy finishing saved a goal. You can tell the defence have little faith in him when he has the ball at his feet. 

He is not good enough as a first choice keeper.
    Are we knocking a goalkeeper for being decisive now? After we’ve been hammering Ash for being the opposition for months? 

With that situation, although he didn’t get to the ball first, he forced the forward into taking a less than ideal shot at goal and missed. Barnsley love to play fast and on the break. We have no idea whether it was an instruction from NJ or not to be aware of balls over the top and try to play sweeper keeper etc. 

If he’d stayed on his line, he was facing a 1v1 from an onrushing attacker and that definitely would’ve been far more likely to result in a goal than what ended up happening.
    I think when we get a new GK in the summer it will be one that is comfortable as a sweeper.
  • Options
    It was an entertaining match. So much better in that respect than Stevenage. Some credit for that goes to Barnsley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have no doubt we’ll see another GK come in during the summer. Isted replaced AMB as soon as Jones arrived, so I’m not convinced NJ sees the current pair as what he ultimately wants. I’ve said all season that I don’t think either of Isted or AMB are promotion winning GK’s. Of the two I’d retain Isted. 
    Isted was excellent on Saturday .. his reading of the game was top drawer even through he only had one real save to make his decision making was spot on and got Anderson and Thomas out of a couple of tricky situations 
    What about when he came charging out of his area in the first half and was left in no man’s land, only dodgy finishing saved a goal. You can tell the defence have little faith in him when he has the ball at his feet. 

He is not good enough as a first choice keeper.
    Agree.....Isted inspire does not inspire any confidence in me.......AMB neither
  • Options
    Isted can be ok but he does not command his area and his kicking is unrelaible. I think there were two kicks which he scuffed on Saturday and this is too common. He could improve the latter but I can't see him improving the former. As a back up keeper, I don't have any problems. I think AMB is in a similar place but has more potential to improve so again, as a back up he would be fine. I think we need to bring a first choice in for next season. The choice for me would be can you have both as back ups, maybe sending one on loan, and I suppose part of that would depend on where Adegoke or Molyneux might be, or do we pick one.