Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Yay, we're pissing off Verstappen.
  • Once you've seen Woolwich...
  • edited June 6
    fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    You'd think we're more appealing but Bristol could offer him guaranteed playing time which we won't I don't think. 
    Rovers have money now too, still hope he have more pulling power though 
    Yes but Bristol is a shit hole 
    Whereas Charlton is a 

Oh hang on.
    Been seen viewing a pad in Cherry Orchard
    There's always Thamesmead with it's lakeland views...🙄
  • Haven't seen this mentioned

Has been offered a new contract at Man Utd.

I read somewhere that he had been offered the contract but was likely to reject it and move on. Them offering the contract just ensures they get compensation for him

Does he want to pick up wages playing reserve/youth football and a possible loan out to somewhere like Morecambe, Salford or if he's lucky, somewhere like Wigan or Fleetwood? His only loan so far was a 6 month loan to Bolton where he played but didn't really shine. Maybe a move down here to a club with an excellent youth record that would integrate him into the first team immediately is something he finds tempting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fingers crossed this is true...
  • Still only rumours about the same players, is it unlikely we’ll hear any definitive signings until June is out of the way?
  • edited June 6
    Still only rumours about the same players, is it unlikely we’ll hear any definitive signings until June is out of the way?
    Based on previous years we can expect signings announced in June.
  • It feels like we've been in the off season for a while (to be fair 5 weeks is a bit), but the transfer window isn't even open yet and our first pre season game is still a month away. I also wonder if having the Euros might delay transfer dealings for a lot of clubs, which could even trickle down to clubs like us in league 1. I agree that we want players in early but we can't properly judge that until the middle of July. 
  • I remember reading that Nathan Jones went to Scotland just before the end of season so I assume he went to look at Josh Edwards. Maybe this type of thing makes a difference as well above other offers 
  • It feels like we've been in the off season for a while (to be fair 5 weeks is a bit), but the transfer window isn't even open yet and our first pre season game is still a month away. I also wonder if having the Euros might delay transfer dealings for a lot of clubs, which could even trickle down to clubs like us in league 1. I agree that we want players in early but we can't properly judge that until the middle of July. 
    Season starts a week later this year as well, probably due to the euros, so we have an extra week vs previous years 
  • Still only rumours about the same players, is it unlikely we’ll hear any definitive signings until June is out of the way?
    No one on this forum (or elsewhere come to that), can honestly answer that sn.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is a player that we have the deal done but as flown off on a family holiday and will sign when he returns ….. ??

As almost every footballer is on holiday at the moment apart from those playing in the international tournaments.
    That narrows it down to about 2000.
  • edited June 6
    There is a player that we have the deal done but as flown off on a family holiday and will sign when he returns ….. ??

As almost every footballer is on holiday at the moment apart from those playing in the international tournaments.
    That narrows it down to about 2000.
    Take away the ones that are too expensive, those who wouldn't come to us for all the tea in china, those that are below the height test, those that we wont want, and that leaves about 14.
  • edited June 6
    There is a player that we have the deal done but as flown off on a family holiday and will sign when he returns ….. ??

These types of rumours are just nonsense though arent they ? Its not how business works, especially at league 1 level, where most players are living contract to contract.

If it was agreed and all he has to do is sign a contract it can be done quickly, even sent to him on holiday to sign. Also fi he is coming to us that means he is either -

Out of contract and therefore not being paid anymore once his current contract expires, as such would be more reason to sign the contract ASAP

OR

Coming to us for more money which would mean same as above in terms of reason to sign a contract ASAP

I know alot of people seem to not understand how contracts work (see Dobbo fiasco thread) but until a player has signed a contract he isnt our player or getting paid by us.
  • There is a player that we have the deal done but as flown off on a family holiday and will sign when he returns ….. ??

Thought the window wasn't open yet Ronnie...🙄

Thought the window wasn't open yet Ronnie...🙄
    The player in question is stood outside Rymans unable to buy a pen to sign as the door hasn't opened yet

These types of rumours are just nonsense though arent they ? Its not how business works, especially at league 1 level, where most players are living contract to contract.

If it was agreed and all he has to do is sign a contract it can be done quickly, even sent to him on holiday to sign. Also fi he is coming to us that means he is either -

A) Out of contract and therefore not being paid anymore once his current contract expires, as such would be more reason to sign the contract ASAP

B) Coming to us for more money which would mean same as above in terms of reason to sign a contract ASAP

I know alot of people seem to not understand how contracts work (see Dobbo fiasco thread) but until a player has signed a contract he isnt our player or getting paid by us.
    I don't know the ins and outs of how footballers contracts work (so I am among the lot of people) but I thought player contracts finish at the end of June which to me means players are still being paid whether they have renewed there contracts or not. 

A) Out of contract and therefore not being paid anymore once his current contract expires, as such would be more reason to sign the contract ASAP

B) Coming to us for more money which would mean same as above in terms of reason to sign a contract ASAP

I don't know the ins and outs of how footballers contracts work (so I am among the lot of people) but I thought player contracts finish at the end of June which to me means players are still being paid whether they have renewed there contracts or not. 
    In most circumstances you are right, there are some oddities where players may have received their payment before that date but yes thats correct in general. However this is league 1 and most players will want to sign a contract ASAP. By not getting paid i mean from that date 30th June. That also means if he signed with us goes on holiday and breaks his league on holiday we still have to pay him come 30th june until end of his contract, where as if we agree a deal but no contract is signed we dont. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!