Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited June 6
    Someone on the Dunfermline forum is chuffed that they’ve doubled their expected incoming fee for Edwards by accepting two bids instead of one…
    So we are gonna share him  with Bristol, six months each, bags we have first shot...🙄
  • There is a player that we have the deal done but as flown off on a family holiday and will sign when he returns ….. ??

Thought the window wasn't open yet Ronnie...🙄
    That's why he hasn't signed obvs....😉
  • Hal1x said:
    Someone on the Dunfermline forum is chuffed that they’ve doubled their expected incoming fee for Edwards by accepting two bids instead of one…
    So we are gonna share him  with B Rovers for six months each, bags we have first shot...🙄
    They will have him on Tues/Weds/Sats we can have him the rest of the week.
    Sounds like the shit end of the stick if you ask me...
  • There was a time when we couldn't sign a left footed left back for love nor money. Now it seems we'll have 3 at the club. 
  • There is a player that we have the deal done but as flown off on a family holiday and will sign when he returns ….. ??

That’s why we not announcing it 
    You can announce it whenever you want. 
    But the player can't officially play for you until later.

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 6
    Still only rumours about the same players, is it unlikely we’ll hear any definitive signings until June is out of the way?
    No one on this forum (or elsewhere come to that), can honestly answer that sn.
    Well, some on here claim to be in ITK and some are more so than others but you're possibly right, other than maybe those who work for the club but are understandably keeping stumm!

If he ain't signed, it ain't done.

Might be close, might be agreed but it ain't done.

That sounds like the player has agreed to deal in principle, but now off on his hold while his agent touts it around other clubs to see if anyone will improve on it. Like you say, if he hasn’t signed the contract, it’s 100% not done. 

You can announce it whenever you want. 
    But the player can't officially play for you until later.

Wasting your time mate, logic is on holiday as well...🙄

Anyone got a bit of chalk? 
  • Haven't seen this mentioned

Has been offered a new contract at Man Utd.
    Any rumour that starts with "understand" has to be bollox.  As an aside, it's not what understand means. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Haven't seen this mentioned

Has been offered a new contract at Man Utd.
    Any rumour that starts with "understand" has to be bollox.  As an aside, it's not what understand means. 
    I understand the above comment to be true 👀🤣

These types of rumours are just nonsense though arent they ? Its not how business works, especially at league 1 level, where most players are living contract to contract.

If it was agreed and all he has to do is sign a contract it can be done quickly, even sent to him on holiday to sign. Also fi he is coming to us that means he is either -

A) Out of contract and therefore not being paid anymore once his current contract expires, as such would be more reason to sign the contract ASAP

B) Coming to us for more money which would mean same as above in terms of reason to sign a contract ASAP

I know alot of people seem to not understand how contracts work (see Dobbo fiasco thread) but until a player has signed a contract he isnt our player or getting paid by us.
    I don't know the ins and outs of how footballers contracts work (so I am among the lot of people) but I thought player contracts finish at the end of June which to me means players are still being paid whether they have renewed there contracts or not. 
    In most circumstances you are right, there are some oddities where players may have received their payment before that date but yes thats correct in general. However this is league 1 and most players will want to sign a contract ASAP. By not getting paid i mean from that date 30th June. That also means if he signed with us goes on holiday and breaks his league on holiday we still have to pay him come 30th june until end of his contract, where as if we agree a deal but no contract is signed we dont. 

Of course, being an international transfer, perhaps he's signed a pre-contract agreement 
  • Sponsored links:

You see that's proper down the pub propping up the bar rumour material right there. 

You see that's proper down the pub propping up the bar rumour material right there. 
    I wonder how long this mysterious player is on holiday for?
  • What is interesting is that there are no rumours about the 4 key positions, goalie, centre back, centre midfield and striker.
  • Southbank said:
    What is interesting is that there are no rumours about the 4 key positions, goalie, centre back, centre midfield and striker.
    There has been a rumour for goalkeeper from Ipswich and central midfielder from Luton
  • Southbank said:
    What is interesting is that there are no rumours about the 4 key positions, goalie, centre back, centre midfield and striker.
    Yep- 100%.  Spine of the team.
    Then again if we’re playing 3-5-2 the wingback’s are crucial too.
  • ross1 said:
    Southbank said:
    There has been a rumour for goalkeeper from Ipswich and central midfielder from Luton
    And the goalkeeper from Cambridge. And the centre back from Derby. And the forward from Coventry…
  • "Championship trio Blackburn Rovers, Cardiff City and Sunderland are all admirers of Motherwell striker Theo Bair, but Bundesliga newcomers St Pauli are in pole position to sign the 24-year-old. (HITC)"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!