Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Slovenia EURO 2024 - Match Thread

Comments

• Kane "We won the group controlling our own destiny"

No Harry, we got lucky.
  • Saulc23 said:
    WE HAVE WON THE GROUP!!!!!!! GETINNNNNNN 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    We deserve to as well. Slovenia celebrating a performance where they don’t get out their half sums it up. Proper test now it’s knockouts.
  • Kane talking utter shite ...
    That ain't his fault tbh

• That is such a negative interview from Kane. Such a chance to galvanise and he comes out with, it’ll be tough, could take extra time, could take penalties?? 
  • Thank Christ we weren’t playing Iceland. 
  • I know the easy thing is to blame Southgate but I'd start with the players to be honest. Southgate hasn't told them not to make quick interchanges or move into space. They've been crap last few games and Southgate isn't making Bellingham fall over and overplay, he's not making Saka and Foden run into blind alleys and he's clearly not telling Kane to drop so deep. His subs were odd and too late as usual but I'm much more annoyed at the players than I am at Southgate today, they've not been anywhere near good enough and their prickly response to criticism shows that they know it really
  • Absolutely shite, can't wait to get turned over by the boys in Oranje
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 25
    Bellingham was poor. Kane was poor. Saka was poor. Says it all that Foden, who never does anything in an England shirt, was the best of the four

We looked much more dangerous with Palmer, and even Gordon, running at their full backs.
  • Well the job is done.

Need an improvement come the Knockout Rounds, we shouldnt hopefully be having to deal with a team that'll park the bus and play for a 0-0

Best performance so far, just couldnt find an opening at the end of the day - But still work to be done.
    What I was going to say. We may see a different team when playing a side that has to try and win the game 
  • edited June 25
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kane "We won the group controlling our own destiny"

No Harry, we got lucky.
    Absolutely didn't control it ourselves, what if Denmark scored tonight?
  • How can a team with so much great attacking talent be so fucking boring to watch!!!!

Can a manager be sacked mid tournament? 

I've never been so uninterested in watching England at a major tournament
    Ivory Coast did it and went on to win the tournament.
    Honestly we have a better chance if he goes tonight ! Absolutely draining any talent with every minute he is there 
  • Thank Christ we weren’t playing Iceland. 
    Or Fleet Badgers 
  • Saulc23 said:
    That is such a negative interview from Kane. Such a chance to galvanise and he comes out with, it’ll be tough, could take extra time, could take penalties?? 
    Zero personality. Got a boring manager and a boring captain. Kane is a great player, but he's not exactly an inspirational character is he? 
  • Well its clear that Mainoo, Gordon and Palmer have to start the next game. Fit the rest around that.
  • The most worrying thing is how uninspiring the substitutions are. 

Never anything other than like-for-like with zero thought put behind them other than swapping people in and out. Zero tactical adjustments. 

Manager genuinely clueless. 
  • I know the easy thing is to blame Southgate but I'd start with the players to be honest. Southgate hasn't told them not to make quick interchanges or move into space. They've been crap last few games and Southgate isn't making Bellingham fall over and overplay, he's not making Saka and Foden run into blind alleys and he's clearly not telling Kane to drop so deep. His subs were odd and too late as usual but I'm much more annoyed at the players than I am at Southgate today, they've not been anywhere near good enough and their prickly response to criticism shows that they know it really
    Naaah, let's blame Gareth
  • Sponsored links:

• The only positive to come out of that game is that is 90 minutes less for me to endure Gareth Southgate's England in the future.
  • I reckon they must be the worst bunch of England games i've seen since Capello in the 2010 World cup.
    Genuinely worse.

Albania at that WC was as bad as Denmark/this but we were a bit better v Slovenia in that last game, unlike today.
  • Saulc23 said:
    That is such a negative interview from Kane. Such a chance to galvanise and he comes out with, it’ll be tough, could take extra time, could take penalties?? 
    Talking about possibly needing extra time or penalties. Is that because he knows that we are too shit to score a goal?
  • edited June 25
    Remember lads... IF we beat the Netherlands, you can all say that its because they're shite and lost to Austria.

Wouldnt want you to miss out on having your excuses ready
  • Dire.  Absolutely Dire.  (And not Big Eric either!)
  • Saulc23 said:
    Talking about possibly needing extra time or penalties. Is that because he knows that we are too shit to score a goal?
    He'll make a good pundit one day
  • I reckon they must be the worst bunch of England games i've seen since Capello in the 2010 World cup.
    Genuinely worse.

Albania at that WC was as bad as Denmark/this but we were a bit better v Slovenia in that last game, unlike today.
    Algeria!! - Not Albania
  • Another cracking match that unfortunately I couldn’t watch, as I had a prior arrangement to watch paint dry!

• Gribbo said:
    I know the easy thing is to blame Southgate but I'd start with the players to be honest. Southgate hasn't told them not to make quick interchanges or move into space. They've been crap last few games and Southgate isn't making Bellingham fall over and overplay, he's not making Saka and Foden run into blind alleys and he's clearly not telling Kane to drop so deep. His subs were odd and too late as usual but I'm much more annoyed at the players than I am at Southgate today, they've not been anywhere near good enough and their prickly response to criticism shows that they know it really
    Naaah, let's blame Gareth
    It is when he is that scared he is telling them not to take any risky passes on where they might lose the ball which is the only reason I can think of why players that are positive every game week in week out trying to open up teams and are now going sideways and backwards
  • If one more England player comes out saying "its not easy at this level" ........